Selling: Reformatted sales thread, MM Twen Edition, Sand Stormer + more

Groundhog Day

Which film is this?

Rankin Fitch: Gentlemen, trials are too important to be left up to juries.

Director Gary Fleder
Writers John Grisham, Brian Koppelman, David Levien
Stars John Cusack, Rachel Weisz, Gene Hackman

A juror on the inside and a woman on the outside manipulate a court trial involving a major gun manufacturer.

Runaway Jury

Which film is this?

Regimental Sergeant Major Bert Wilson: I'm running this place! Me! I'll say what goes and what don't go!
Sergeant Charlie Harris: You ain't running this place, Bert, WILLIAMS is! Look at him! He took over days ago! You STILL haven't caught on!

Director Sidney Lumet
Writers Ray Rigby, R.S. Allen
Stars Sean Connery, Harry Andrews, Ian Bannen

In a North African military prison during World War II, five new prisoners struggle to survive in the face of brutal punishment and sadistic guards.

The Hill

Which film is this?

Gang Member #1: Whatcha doin', Mister?
Bill Foster: Nothing.
Gang Member #1: Yes, you are, you're trespassing on private property.
Bill Foster: Trespassing?
Gang Member #2: You're loitering too, man.
Gang Member #1: That's right, you're loitering too.
Bill Foster: I didn't see any signs.
Gang Member #1: [pointing at a piece of graffiti] Whatcha call that?
Bill Foster: Graffiti?
Gang Member #1: No, man. That's not fucking graffiti, that's a sign.
Gang Member #2: He can't read it, man.
Gang Member #1: I'll read it for you. It says this is fucking private property. No fucking trespassing. This means fucking you.
Bill Foster: It says all that?
Gang Member #1: Yeah!
Bill Foster: Well, maybe if you wrote it in fucking English, I could fucking understand it.

Director Joel Schumacher
Writer Ebbe Roe Smith
Stars Michael Douglas, Robert Duvall, Barbara Hershey

An ordinary man frustrated with the various flaws he sees in society begins to psychotically and violently lash out against them.

Falling Down

Which film is this?

Frampton: It's not Northern Ireland Harry.
Harry Brown: No it's not. Those people were fighting for something; for a cause. To them out there, this is just entertainment.

Director Daniel Barber
Writer Gary Young
Stars Michael Caine, Emily Mortimer, David Bradley

An elderly ex-serviceman and widower looks to avenge his best friend's murder by doling out his own form of justice.

Harry Brown

Which film is this?

Frampton: It's not Northern Ireland Harry.
Harry Brown: No it's not. Those people were fighting for something; for a cause. To them out there, this is just entertainment.

Director Daniel Barber
Writer Gary Young
Stars Michael Caine, Emily Mortimer, David Bradley

An elderly ex-serviceman and widower looks to avenge his best friend's murder by doling out his own form of justice.
Harry Brown
Hey, I knew that answer!

I was just wondering how Peter Frampton got in it somehow? 😋

That's a different Frampton :)

So you do get good movies in US of A (good movies as in from uk)

Which film is this?

Grinko: In Russia, we have expression. "With lies, you may go ahead in the world, but you may never go back." Do you understand this, Jessie?

Director Brad Anderson
Writers Brad Anderson, Will Conroy
Stars Woody Harrelson, Emily Mortimer, Ben Kingsley

A Transsiberian train journey from China to Moscow becomes a thrilling chase of deception and murder when an American couple encounters a mysterious pair of fellow travelers.

Transsiberian

Which film is this?

[Mr. Fogarty tells Edie that her husband's real name is Joey Cusack]
Edie Stall: My husband does not know you. He wouldn't know you, somebody like you.
Carl Fogarty: Oh, he knows Carl Fogarty, all right. He knows me intimately. See?
[Mr. Fogarty points to his blind left eye]
Carl Fogarty: This isn't a completely dead eye. It still works a bit. The problem is, the only thing I can see with it is Joey Cusack. And it can see right through him. Right through your husband, Edie. I see what's inside him, what makes him tick. He's still the same guy.
Edie Stall: No.
Carl Fogarty: He's still crazy fuckin' Joey. And you know it, don't you?
Edie Stall: I know that my husband is Tom Stall. That's what I know.

Director David Cronenberg
Writers John Wagner, Vince Locke, Josh Olson
Stars Viggo Mortensen, Maria Bello, Ed Harris

A mild-mannered man becomes a local hero through an act of violence, which sets off repercussions that will shake his family to its very core.

A History of Violence

Which film is this?

"I'm"

not much of a clue but I reckon you will still get it :) (Hint: don't look at the clues below if you want this to have some sense of a challenge)

Directors Stanley Kubrick, Anthony Mann
Writers Dalton Trumbo, Howard Fast, Peter Ustinov
Stars Kirk Douglas, Laurence Olivier, Jean Simmons

The slave <deleted> survives brutal training as a gladiator and leads a violent revolt against the decadent Roman Republic, as the ambitious Crassus seeks to gain power by crushing the uprising.

Spartacus

Which film is this?

Hutch Mansell: They say God doesn't close one door without opening another. Please God, open that door.

Director Ilya Naishuller
Writer Derek Kolstad
Stars Bob Odenkirk, Aleksey Serebryakov, Connie Nielsen

A docile family man slowly reveals his true character after his house gets burgled by two petty thieves, which, coincidentally, leads him into a bloody war with a Russian crime boss.

Nobody

Lots of spoilers in the following:

Last edited:
Which film is this?

Eliza Doolittle: The difference between a lady and a flower girl is not how she behaves, but how she is treated.

Director George Cukor
Writers Alan Jay Lerner, George Bernard Shaw
Stars Audrey Hepburn, Rex Harrison, Stanley Holloway

In 1910s London, snobbish phonetics professor Henry Higgins agrees to a wager that he can make crude flower girl, Eliza Doolittle, presentable in high society.

My Fair Lady

Which film is this?

Keith Michaels: Dr. Lerner, you must have an opinion on this?
Dr. Lerner: Hah! I have a wife and four daughters; I have no opinions.

Director Marc Lawrence
Writer Marc Lawrence
Stars Hugh Grant, Whit Baldwin, Marisa Tomei

An Oscar-winning writer in a slump leaves Hollywood to teach screenwriting at a college on the East Coast, where he falls for a single mom taking classes there.

The Rewrite

Which film is this?

Ted Winter: Any chance she could follow?
President's Secret Service Agent: My own men couldn't get through that door once it's closed.
Ted Winter: Yeah, well, unfortunately, she isn't one of your men.

Director Phillip Noyce
Writer Kurt Wimmer
Stars Angelina Jolie, Liev Schreiber, Chiwetel Ejiofor

A CIA agent goes on the run after a defector accuses her of being a Russian spy.

Salt

Which film is this?

"The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It's bullshit. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal. The news, war, peace, famine, upheaval, the price per paper clip. We pick that rabbit out of the hat while everybody sits out there wondering how the hell we did it. Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy? It's the free market. And you're a part of it. You've got that killer instinct. Stick around pal, I've still got a lot to teach you."

Director Oliver Stone
Writers Stanley Weiser, Oliver Stone
Stars Charlie Sheen, Michael Douglas, Tamara Tunie

An impatient young stockbroker is willing to do anything to get to the top, including trading on illegal inside information taken through a ruthless, greedy corporate raider who takes the youth under his wing.

Wall Street

Which film is this?

The Man: Do you ever wish you would die?
Old Man: No. It's foolish to ask for luxuries in times like these.

Director John Hillcoat
Writers Joe Penhall, Cormac McCarthy
Stars Viggo Mortensen, Charlize Theron, Kodi Smit-McPhee

In a dangerous post-apocalyptic world, an ailing father defends his son as they slowly travel to the sea.

The Road

Which film is this?

Our Man: 13th of July, 4:50 pm. I'm sorry. I know that means little at this point, but I am. I tried, I think you would all agree that I tried. To be true, to be strong, to be kind, to love, to be right. But I wasn't. And I know you knew this. In each of your ways. And I am sorry. All is lost here, except for soul and body, that is, what's left of them, and a half day's ration. It's inexcusable really, I know that now. How it could have taken this long to admit that I'm not sure, but it did. I fought till the end. I'm not sure what that is worth, but know that I did. I have always hoped for more for you all. I will miss you. I'm sorry.

Director J.C. Chandor
Writer J.C. Chandor
Star Robert Redford

After a collision with a shipping container at sea, a resourceful sailor finds himself, despite all efforts to the contrary, staring his mortality in the face.

Back