mech suits vs armor

tBANNA

Old Alpha
crossroad of the 1'st No L.O.O.T. & 2'nd N.R.F.
Society
CRIMSON DEVILS
Banna tBANNA ARHItARtDES
ello,

been having this thought lately and after i chew it for a while i came out, in my opinion, with this idea that if the armor sets would be transformed into some mechs defensive combined units would release some pressure related some unusual situation that occurred in game over the time

if let say a new set of missions spread all over the universe would bring the need to find a certain type and number of new resources from all 3 professions involved equally - mining, crafting, hunting - to complete the necessary materials to hand them over to a NPC in order to complete the mission and receive the final product a MECH SUIT

if lets say the new mechs respect the defense and stats that armors would have as basic sets and would present itself as a single item in inventory would bring more advantages than 7 parts splatted and among other interesting facts derived from this change the advantages that will be, in my opinion, are the next :

• a more logical way to tier the armor sets even if the necessary number of components would be adjusted up ( tiering one unit not 7 parts )
  • introducing the amazing mech suits with all the complexity and beauty that came from this concept
  1. flying attachments,
  2. survival and hunting in space environment
  3. repairing MS and PRIV outside the safety of the ship
  4. a new type of fuel
  5. new type of plating ( is needed one plate not 7 platings )
  6. new interesting shapes ( maybe )
  7. all kind of interesting features as attachments
also advantages
  • more space in inventory by reshaping those units into a more versatile and compact icon
  • easy to swap the plating cause instead of 7 platings is used one single plate
  • could be textured and colored beside the reset to factory option if is desired
and how to make them is not that difficult because a similar system is in place if we are looking at the way the 5B and 6A platings are upgradable

- any existing piece of armor can be refined into let say - Disassembled Angel Armor Series Parts -​
- any armor part can be converted and used as parts to complete the necessary amount for the mission​
- some armor parts give more or less amount of disassembled components based on the value of the original armor used​
- clear lots of incomplete sets that exists in game cause lots of avatars have been either locked or have a long pause - sometimes impossible to reach out​
- players with special desires can hold the armor parts they owe as they like while other parts could provide the necessary number of elements​
- similarity with the upgradable A105 or A204 the system is there in place only needs to be used​
- easy to trade being one single item​

:tux:

on armor we should have before that
1. gender neutral armors, easyer to match sets.
2. in case a "reforger" NPC that can swap a set item into another (tier is lost int he process)
3. MELTING armors 7 pieces into a "xxx armor set" that is a single item for AH or dress purpose
3. MELTING plates into "set of plates" for 1 click attachment of plates
4. ADDING MORE THAN ONE PLATE on an armor, why not? add whatever, payt he decay, become uberprotected.
this is not requiring extra items to get us more mad to collect :) and improves quality of life for gamers

that said it is not a bad idea, just no need to be a mech imho

on armor we should have before that
1. gender neutral armors, easyer to match sets.
2. in case a "reforger" NPC that can swap a set item into another (tier is lost int he process)
3. MELTING armors 7 pieces into a "xxx armor set" that is a single item for AH or dress purpose
3. MELTING plates into "set of plates" for 1 click attachment of plates
4. ADDING MORE THAN ONE PLATE on an armor, why not? add whatever, payt he decay, become uberprotected.
this is not requiring extra items to get us more mad to collect :) and improves quality of life for gamers

that said it is not a bad idea, just no need to be a mech imho
make epic chains for gear improvements, hard tought ones 1+ year doing it, plus u have to do it yourself, cant buy your way up. not new, since we have the rdi backpacks.

just no need to be a mech imho
i asked around about Mech suits and it seems is a platform issue that's why MA never implemented it
idk what that issue might be but melting armors could replace the armor itself and by making it into a full body protection could give Mech's a chance to exists

this was the main purpose that came with few other advantages

at Jameson's Reach TP near the boxes u can see a Mech and also on Cyrene at Imperium HQ is a platform near Zora NPC where u can see what Cyrene had prepared for the planet too

I had to go back to 2007 to find this image. I like Shirow's Landmate designs from Appleseed and how his characters integrated into them. I've always thought EU could add another layer by adding things like this as well as different options for traversing space. I wouldn't mind having some type of powered mech for hunting in space and other fun.

index.php

Fallout style power armor!

Armored Exoskeletons!

Back