Suggestion: "Melee decay converter" ?

Society
Freelancer
Edgewise
Hi,

Having spent quite a lot of time with different melee weapons one issue seems to be returning.

That issue is the TT value of melee weapons, and their total uses before they need repairs. I have currently solved this by using portable repair units like a madman.

However.. I think there is other potential for improvement here.

I've been thinking of a crafted item, which could be called decay converter or something like that.

It's an attachment for melee weapons, which reduces the decay of the melee weapon (UL melee weapons only) by converting 80% of the decay into ammo burn.

Think of it as a "shield" for your weapon, it covers the blade or blunt part of the melee weapon with a "laser shield."

if this decay converter is also a crafted item, it could help spin around some more materials.
Don't fall into a trap and make it too rare/expensive though, make it something that is available to the majority of the playerbase and a real improvement for peoples UL melee weapons and that people gladly use to improve QOL.

I think an important step in some professions is improving QOL.

There are plenty of UL high TT melee weapons out there. You just got to search around a bit for them.

As a former melee user I always wished for this sort of thing too, or ammo burn retroactively applied to melee weapons and their decay adjusted/ repair with Universal ammo, etc.
But when you think about it, the shortcomings of melee weapons, in particular low TT ones actually has a big benefit. That being price.
Immolation swords and other variants go for like 400 ped, for 50dps and 60ish efficiency. For a budget player after some cheap DPS, thats not bad.

As a former melee user I always wished for this sort of thing too, or ammo burn retroactively applied to melee weapons and their decay adjusted/ repair with Universal ammo, etc.
But when you think about it, the shortcomings of melee weapons, in particular low TT ones actually has a big benefit. That being price.
Immolation swords and other variants go for like 400 ped, for 50dps and 60ish efficiency. For a budget player after some cheap DPS, thats not bad.
Those types of melee weapons are why I use them over guns because I do not want to be spending UA hunting and save it for mining where it's more profitable. It's good MA has the niche and limits ammo consuming melee to certain items. That's why I'm also glad to see the two new mayhem weapons like the masher and the power claw not using ammo. It's good to have both types.

i dream of a nice "VU18.0 Revamp"
"Our scientists of RDI after having made some crap instance in underground lab have wroked on something more itneresting
they cooperated with ARMatrix engineer and found a way to re-engineer all Melee weapons into AMMO based.
Being it too juicy to make it on a volountary basis yuo can find them in inventory and storage as 7.5% decay and using 92.5% ammo composition just lioke armatrix items
sadly they could not improve the performance so have still teh crappy DPP adn EFF as before

in the same time, they made finally the way to make Universal ammo tradeable
so now are removed from TT blp packs, ammo, probes and synth ME,and there is a "unicammo" item to be purchased

we eventually noted that EU is a one only universe so now there is just one AH that is common to all teh planets and
there is not a delivery fee"

a 12 year old boy notes that that in the lore Monria was discovered via a wormhole so it is now available from Caly viat
that "wormhole" clicking it from space station (sorry your ass cells would be freid so still need to pay 7 ped for TP that
is now working both sides.

well you still have the extenders. you prolly burn through like a madman but its a start :)

but i kinda agree that low max TT blades are kinda a pain but it has its charms.

but the higher teh tier more reps you need sadly. maybe they could include if your tier such item they could increase max tt also abit maybe 10% or so.

Any manufatured tool works with the empty tool bp book and potential for armatrix tool line and gizmos. Please tell MA to lite the fire under their arse ok!!

in the same time, they made finally the way to make Universal ammo tradeable
so now are removed from TT blp packs, ammo, probes and synth ME,and there is a "unicammo" item to be purchased
They will never make UA tradeable/sellable.

The whole reason MA can gift you 101% on the shrapnel conversion is because they can lock you in to another 95% cycle.

This is also why they can sell you strongboxes at a $1 with no transaction fee. The fee is in the ammo.

i beg your pardon Katie. i never said they can be sold at TT just purchased from and tradable
i am well aware that uniammo contain a "hidden cost" of 2..5% (and to get some "discount" you get a premium for them
but did it never happen to you that yuo activate healchip, your uni finished and are on blue cells and it does not work?
dont want to be Uniammo ?
call them "unicell" that is the TT unificated shit so i dont need to remember to restock 4 different garbages to go around :)

i beg your pardon Katie. i never said they can be sold at TT just purchased from and tradable
i am well aware that uniammo contain a "hidden cost" of 2..5% (and to get some "discount" you get a premium for them
but did it never happen to you that yuo activate healchip, your uni finished and are on blue cells and it does not work?
dont want to be Uniammo ?
call them "unicell" that is the TT unificated shit so i dont need to remember to restock 4 different garbages to go around :)
Yeah I agree they should combine all of the 4 Trade terminal ammos.
Sorry I though you were talking about “Universal ammo”

Back