Melee range

Vagrant

Old Alpha
Society
Magnum Opus
Vagrant Arangar Melanwil
Range on weapons ingame is measured in meters if I am not mistaken, and the ranges on melee weapons are something like between 2-5m...so why is it then that you cant walk backwards while maintaining an attack while using some melee weapons?

I has been like this for a very long time as I recall, but surely if the mob is right on top of you and you walk backwards you should still be within range.

Also..
Why is this relevant?

... Because you can place yourself better to avoid pulling more mobs on you than you desire, in my view this is a bug.

PS.
Pretty sure I posted the same thing 10 years ago, lets see if it gets picked up this time :)

Because MA doesn't like melee :mad:

The answer to this is their hit box, small mobs shouldnt have an issue with walking backwards, but larger mobs have a smaller hitbox compared to their actual size

also, goodluck hiting smaller mobs hitbox while moving tho...

The answer to this is their hit box, small mobs shouldnt have an issue with walking backwards, but larger mobs have a smaller hitbox compared to their actual size

also, goodluck hiting smaller mobs hitbox while moving tho...

Yea the range is measures from the center of the box and not the edge of it.
It is the same on all weapons though, but extra noticeable on short range weapons.

Don't back up when trying to tame or you'll outstretch the whips range very quickly.

To fix this once and for all would be nice.
Basically, the range should be measured to the face of the target and not the core..thoughts?

I tried walking back from an Allophyl while wielding a Philosopher's Sword and it did work OK.

Guess their attack range is less than 5m.

I tried walking back from an Allophyl while wielding a Philosopher's Sword and it did work OK.

Guess their attack range is less than 5m.

Yea it seems to depend on the weapon range and possibly even the mob. I do not have experience with all melee weapons but shortblade (shorter range) is usually not possible to walk backwards for me..

Back