Might seem like a silly question

Farthing

Guardian
Society
Brutal Redux
Penny Farthing Ultimate
But I was wondering about this today. I bought me the Elysian Colorer and Bleacher add-on and started fiddling on my Sleip.

What I'm wondering about is, do you have a better chance at gaining skill or gain more, based on the number of fields you color ?
IE 1 field min skills, 2 fields med skills, 3 fields max skills gained ?

In my experience skill gain is its based on the amount of TT paint you use.

Even if you don't get a skill drop, it will remember the next time you paint something, that it didn't give you skill the last time.

So I think "cumulative" skilling, does that make sense?

This is based on skilling to level 17+ colourer (just for skilling, I don't have customers).

Also I think overloading the colourer with cans that will take you well over 100% maxed might be a waste of cans from a skilling point of view. My brain is still debating on that.

Rick

Not a colorer, but I suspect that the amount of gained skills (and probability of gaining) depends on the amount of spent materials and the tt value of those, so coloring 3 fields (3 * 323 paint cans) gives you more skills than one (1 * 323), and painting with blue gives more skills than painting with yellow. But that's only logic, not true knowledge :)

Thanks guys.

Yes Rick, the Cumulative skill gains makes sense. And so does more TT in = more skill out. Just wanted to make sure.

Out of interest sake, pretty sure I didn't mess it up. But I was unable to place more than 360 cans of paint per field.

Thanks guys.

Out of interest sake, pretty sure I didn't mess it up. But I was unable to place more than 360 cans of paint per field.

There a limit of under 1000 cans (probably to stop maxing skill based TT of cans per hit), try dropping 1000 green cans in one field it wont let you.

I guess this rule is the total across all fields. 360 x 3 = 1080. If I remember you cant use 1000 textures at once either.

Skill on Limited books from the tech and save your bleacher :)

Rick

Fanks, didn't realize there are books for colors.

Will check it out.

Fanks, didn't realize there are books for colors.
The books are for L blueprints, they don't have anything to do with coloring, but they're colorable. So instead of coloring and bleaching some other stuff for skilling you can just color those books and tt them, which saves plenty in the long run on the bleacher's decay.

aaaaah thanks for clarifying. :)

But technically they are "for colors" :p

There a limit of under 1000 cans (probably to stop maxing skill based TT of cans per hit), try dropping 1000 green cans in one field it wont let you.

I guess this rule is the total across all fields. 360 x 3 = 1080. If I remember you cant use 1000 textures at once either.

Rick

I wonder if the limit is somehow related to skills or another factor? I can add 1000cans/field on all 3 fields on one item for a total of 3000 cans. Not that I would ever use that many/click to skill with though.
(I just tried it to make sure there haven't been any changes to it, but it still allows me to add that many)

As for the OP's question, as others have already said skillgain is mainly TT based (SIB on paints helps of course).
Some colorers have reported in the past that there does seem to be a limit on how many skills you can gain from 1 click btw, but it's not something that I have tested/can confim personally.

If you plan on skilling a lot in the future, I would recommend looking into the Ziplex (L) coloring tools, they're a bit cheaper to use than the Elysian ones.
(And don't bleach vehicles, because bleaching lowers the TT value. I always use the technician books for skilling as well, saves a lot of time & bleaching decay)

Good luck with the skillgains! =)

Last edited:
I wonder if the limit is somehow related to skills or another factor? I can add 1000cans/field on all 3 fields on one item for a total of 3000 cans.

Yep, just tested, I can put 1000 cans in each field (3000 total), and I have no skills in coloring at all.

Back