JUmpingJAckFLas

Old Alpha
Society
La Faction Beta
Turpov JUmpingJAckFLash Flytest
hello

im totaly neebies in this prof.

its for hummer

i d love have the same color/texture as the military in IRL (brown/dark green)

its possible ? and expensive if yes?

thanks for information

How about combibo texture? Makes a really nice cammo :) If you wanna see how it looks Ill be in Twin Peaks :)

And no, combibo texture is not expensive, MU is 125% (I think) and you get 90%tt of the textures back :)

No texture/color combinations will perfectly mimic Terran camoflage.

To further compound your question, there are hundreds if not thousands of camouflage patterns that have been utilized over the years.

Camoyflage is intended to make something visually blend with the environment from a distant observer. Given the crazy paintbox that is Calypso, there will be no camo that will work everywhere.

Also, camoyflage works best for stationary objects. It's not a stealth cloak. This point is often lost upon neophyte paintball players as they crash though the woods in surplus BDUs. This point is probably outside the scope of this conversation, though. :)

For my ride, I wanted something that came close to the old TigerStripe pattern utilized by US military beginnign in the Viet Nam era and ending with US forces leaving the Panama Canal Zone. The closest I chould manage was a 33% saturation with Exarosaur and Brown.

Here's what it looked like before applying brown:

One if the issues you'll find is that textures add colors, often way outside the color schemes that the desired camoyflage pattern requires.

I'll post a pic of my Valk with brown applied later today for comparison.

AG

Afterthought: Our best hope for *real* camo patterns will be if makeup mask techniques could be applied to vehicles. That would require that the makeup system be imported to VU11, and new masks for vehicles created by MA. Then multiple paint colors could be applied.

Last edited:
My military machine!

This is Ambulimax textures on my vehicle, if it helps?

Cheers
Bjorn

Adomasite looks promising :p

Have you thought about alferix? Green, light brown and brown in a standard camopattern, from what I can see

Seems a little hard to get someone to apply it though, with lvl 72 recommended but I think its one of the closest patterns to camo

Snabelsnot texture!

I textured a "Hummer" for a friend and it looked exactly like camo. Very cheap and easy to find as well. :)

Any pixsss :confused:

Nope, sorry... :ahh:

But it was kind of city camo style since snable is grey/white. I suppose you can apply yellow, green or brown to it if you want another camo theme.

This one is snable with green color on it :
snable.jpg

And this one is combibo:
combibo.jpg

Think that both textures do an nice camo effect :)

That looks great Summer

:yay::yay::yay:

nice

i ll contact you later eheh:yay:

Hmm think Zink gave a nice cammo like pattern when colored

old topic revived it seems =)

Best camo-look I've come across/created is this one.
The set is for sale in my shop atm. Not recreatable anymore though, it's a colored version of fuga and in the last decade not enough of those textures have been for sale to even apply one field of it =(

Illat%20militarycamo.jpg

For camo that's cheap and recreatable, I also kind of like nissit stone texture with green or brown at a lower setting aside from the options previously mentionned. That's only a bit over 10ped/field to do:
nissitgreencamo.jpg

camocars2.jpg

Last edited:
Back