Mindark Annual Report 2019

I'm curious if they're ever going to look into pulling in money from land/shop deed sales again from this MA has claimed from accounts inactive for > 1 year. It sounds like Emerald Lakes LA and the inactive shops are all owned by MA now, not to mention chunks of PA and TP malls. While the deeds don't have TT value, I'd be curious how much the potential MU value MA could sell them for would affect the balances.

Thanks for posting. Found this bit...

Pretty much sums up Entropian history as long as I can remember.

Going through the numbers :eek: such a waste on these side projects again indeed :(

From the Annual Report:

Analysis of the results for Entropia Universe

As previously mentioned, MindArk's result stands at minus 381 TSEK for the fiscal year 2019. However, the company's main product Entropia Universe has generated a good profit, but the company's summed earnings have been negatively affected by side projects. The company has wanted to expand both by developing an app (ComPet Game) and partly by creating partnerships with companies such as Rufoid, Vincere and Swestep. However, these projects / products have only generated costs and no revenue during the financial year.

During 2019, ComPet Game has generated depreciation costs of SEK 3.1 million. The company partnerships mentioned above have generated external costs of SEK 0.9 million. In addition, the company has suffered legal fees for a dispute mentioned in previous sections. The costs during 2019 amount to 675 TSEK and the company has only received one payment from one of the company's insurance companies of 232 TSEK. More compensation is expected in 2020. MindArk PE AB (publ) 8 (21) The company activates new development at Entropia and writes off previously balanced development costs and a balanced platform. Net of this is an income for the company of 814 TSEK for 2019.

If you look at Entropia Universe only and its revenues and costs including depreciation of hardware and equipment and remove the net income from the activation described above, you get an operating profit of plus 8.1 million SEK, i.e. Entropia Universe is a profitable product. The company has no loans and the financial items this year described in previous sections are one-off.

Last edited:

From the MindArk Annual Report :

Analysis of the results for Entropia Universe

However, the Company's main product, Entropia Universe, has generated a good profit.

If you look at Entropia Universe only and its revenues and costs including depreciation of hardware and equipment and remove the net income from the activation described above, you get an operating profit of plus 8.1 million SEK, i.e. Entropia Universe is a profitable product.

The company has no loans
and the financial items this year described in previous sections are one-off.

Judging by current numbers on Entropia Life, I see a LOT of player activity lately (hunting+mining+crafting).
Overall, almost 9 million peds during a week is really uncommon, even for a Mayhem :

Weekly Hunting Stats
Total value3 985 795 PED

Weekly Mining Stats
Total value655 537 PED

Weekly Crafting Stats
Total value4 001 970 PED

Part of this result is due to the Covid-pandemic lockdowns, anyway these are notable numbers.

(Partially off-topic, I am also observing a long term reduction in the number of daily Threads/Posts in these Forums , and that has surprised me : since the in-game activity is going good)

IMO the best part of Entropia Universe history is yet to be written :

MindArk has a substantial monopoly in the Real Cash Economy gaming sector (and they even wrote it in the Annual Report : "As MindArk does not have a direct competitor in the segment of virtual interactive universes with a real cash economy , the closest gaming genre to what MindArk offers is the MMO genre, Massively Multiplayer Online games") ,

but in the period 2003-2020 they haven't yet exploited this immense advantage, otherwise those , promising , numbers would be N-times bigger.

So really the best is yet to come.
Also I have seen that the Company has a new main Owner , this is a big change.

Optimization
and Customer Satisfaction will be the key to a bigger success.

Paul

Last edited:
Agreed.

MindArk are in an incredible position with Entropia Universe. I think it's safe to say that if they didn't have a monopoly on the MMO RCE sector they would have gone bankrupt years ago.

Luckily they're still here, and hopefully learned the lessons of the past so we can have a brighter future.

Don't forget MindArk, Entropia Universe is the envy of every gaming company out there. Just focus on looking after it and the growth will take care of itself.

:beerchug:

(Partially off-topic, I am also observing a long term reduction in the number of daily Threads/Posts in these Forums , and that has surprised me : since the in-game activity is going good)

The trend has always been that active players play the game while the keyboard warriors play the forum.

Planet Partners Planet

Next island In 2019 Nextisland's new team spent time fixing known issues and bugs on the planet. They also developed the server area 'Ancient Greece' to be sold as a 'Deed Share Area', each deed will be sold for 10 PED (1 USD) and Deed Share Holders receive revenue from the activity from the area.

Planet Arkadia After five years of minimal development of the planet due to the intellectual property claims in Singapore, the court has now granted Arkadia full ownership of all copyrights in question. Planet Arkadia was also awarded reimbursement for legal costs and won its counterclaims, including baseless threats of copyright infringement and breach of contract, with damages to be assessed by the court at a later date. Arkadia now intends to increase development and marketing in 2020.

Planet Toulan Beladcom, the company behind Toulan, has started discussions with a new partner about cooperation regarding the development and marketing of the planet, planned to start during 2020.

Planet Cyrene An increase in development during the first half of 2020 will build up to a new marketing campaign for the second half of the year.

Planet Rocktropia Rocktropia is continuing to cater to their Rock and Zombie theme customers.

This made me laugh and be sad at the same time. I never expected anything for RT, but it looked like all other planets were hoping to do some development this year.

Planet Partners Planet

Planet Rocktropia Rocktropia is continuing to cater to their Rock and Zombie theme customers.

This made me laugh and be sad at the same time. I never expected anything for RT, but it looked like all other planets were hoping to do some development this year.

That caught my eye too for RT. I mean, they could at least do some things to spur a little more activity there. I've seen a few mining amp blueprints (e.g., F-class) that would probably get more miners there if those blueprints started dropping. General non-flashy things like that compared to new developments, maps, etc. would go a long ways there.

IMO the best part of Entropia Universe history is yet to be written :

MindArk has a substantial monopoly in the Real Cash Economy gaming sector
but in the period 2003-2020 they haven't yet exploited this immense advantage, otherwise those , promising , numbers would be N-times bigger.

So really the best is yet to come.
Also I have seen that the Company has a new main Owner , this is a big change.

Optimization
and Customer Satisfaction will be the key to a bigger success.

Paul

About "Optimization and Customer Satisfaction", I add that an in-game Adv system v2.0 would help a lot :

when the old, sub-optimal Adv-System was in place, there was a 1% TT loot bonus for those players who activated it (I remember that, when the related option was being activated by the player in the game Clientloader, a message appeared about that 1% loot bonus) ;

-->now, a new much better Adv System 2.0 imo could easily result in a 2% bonus loot :
as MindArk knows, I opened an interesting thread about a new Adv System and a deep collaboration with Worldwide Companies like Amazon, or Ebay, or other similar ones ("a Deep collaboration with Amazon" : rated #1 Hint in my Blog).

In the same thread I addressed the theme of a more powerful merchandising (e.g. sales of 3D printed models of avatars, mobs, vehicles, items).

-->A 2% bonus loot would reduce volatility and boost the Player Base : it can also be distributed in a way that better "motivates" certain player categories (e.g. new players, or more active avatars, especially those who aren't very skilled yet, etc etc).

Maybe the new shareholders will be interested in such Project.

Paul

Last edited:
Maybe the new shareholders will be interested in such Project.

they should be more interested in fixing their damn servers, the lagged instances, and the other hundreds of bugs ... or maybe help the PPs to fix theirs

:twocents:

Back