Miners give back event!

Greetings Entropians! I have been waiting for for permission to start hosting an event and Mindark finally gave me the go ahead!

What I want is a way to get miners out and doing other stuff in the galaxy and a friendly competition each week/month for a charity donation of your choice in your honor. I am hoping we get people mining for charities like "make a wish" and other children hospitals or animal shelters.

Yes that is right, a charity donation outside the game; we are competing to give back and not personal gain. I figure we will be mining anyways and this could give us a new take on it for a bit for the ones who want to compete. It could also encourage us to mine places we normally wouldn't and help us break routine.

The way this will work is you apply for the event in this thread and pick a charity that you feel strongly about and want to compete for them. Make sure the charity of choice has a way for me to be able to pay them digitally and leave their info in this thread please. I will award 1 point for a mining global and 2 points for a HoF. The miner with the most globals for the week we run the event gets 50 peds for their charity of choice and 30 for 2nd, 20 for third place. The first place miner also gets to pick what planet the event will be on next. Then the process starts over for the next week and so on unless you all want to do just 1 week a month, I am fine with that too.
So far since I am doing this on my own, I am only putting up 100 peds out of my pocket each time. I am hoping as this event grows planet/land owners will want to toss in some peds to the charity pool to lure us onto their planet for the next round.

I am still working out the details and honestly the more people get involved I will have to adapt and grow it too.

I want to start off the first week long mining event on my home planet of Toulan. We will kick off the first week of "Miners giving back" on Toulan this Friday. (2/18) and run till Friday of next week (2/25). Register in the thread, pick a charity and start dropping probes on Toulan. Best of luck to all those who choose to compete!

David Joker Potanus - charity of choice is to mine for his local animal shelter in San Marcos, Texas.

I was asked if Dsec should count as part of the Toulan week and I think that is a good idea. Mining globals on Dsec and Toulan count since they are basically linked, Monria doesn't count this week though.

I started out the beginning of the event mining on Dsec-9 for a day unamped hoping for a small global, it didn't happen. I flew home to Toulan and mined unamped for a day and a half but I couldn't find a single claim with an X in it let alone an XIII. :cautious:
Yesterday afternoon I decided I needed to do what I could to try and finally get some luck for this event. So, I deposited quite a bit more peds than I should have; bought two D class on auction from Toulan and flew off to drop them on Dsec-9. I managed to snag 7 points for the event, hitting 7 globals and an XII with the two D class. There are still plenty of days to sign up and compete or give suggestions on here where to mine for the next week of "Miners Give Back"!

Back