Question: Mining Amplifiers

TheLastKnight

Stalker
Society
Lost Renegades
Johnson Theragra Knewb
Hello fellow Entropians. I'm trying to decipher the changes to mining amplifiers and need more info from those that have done the research. I've tried looking on this forum and entropiawiki.com, but haven't found what I've been looking for...at least in detail.

What I'd like to know is, with all the changes that were made where we can now mine both ore/enmatter, how has this affected the amplifiers? There's spreadsheets out there that show an OA-103 became a Level 5 amplifier, and so forth, all good information. However, what I'm trying to figure out is how many uses do each of the new "amps" have, for each category and for both at the same time. Example: If I decide to go out mining, I'd like to know how many drops I'm going to have with a level 8 amplifier, doing both ore/enmatter per drop. If what I read was right, the lvl 8 amp is the old OA-105, so that would be 39 "ore" drops. Correct? Now that would be double enmatter drops, or 78? No? Now if I wanted to do both at the same time, how many drops would that be?

Forgive my ignorance if I missed something completely. I've only tried mining a couple times with several different amps, and it wasn't enough to get detailed answers. I go to entropiawiki.com for the bulk of my questions, but it doesn't have what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Knewb

Hello fellow Entropians. I'm trying to decipher the changes to mining amplifiers and need more info from those that have done the research. I've tried looking on this forum and entropiawiki.com, but haven't found what I've been looking for...at least in detail.

What I'd like to know is, with all the changes that were made where we can now mine both ore/enmatter, how has this affected the amplifiers? There's spreadsheets out there that show an OA-103 became a Level 5 amplifier, and so forth, all good information. However, what I'm trying to figure out is how many uses do each of the new "amps" have, for each category and for both at the same time. Example: If I decide to go out mining, I'd like to know how many drops I'm going to have with a level 8 amplifier, doing both ore/enmatter per drop. If what I read was right, the lvl 8 amp is the old OA-105, so that would be 39 "ore" drops. Correct? Now that would be double enmatter drops, or 78? No? Now if I wanted to do both at the same time, how many drops would that be?

Forgive my ignorance if I missed something completely. I've only tried mining a couple times with several different amps, and it wasn't enough to get detailed answers. I go to entropiawiki.com for the bulk of my questions, but it doesn't have what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Knewb

amp will decay the same amount no matter what you search for. lvl 8 amp decay 4 ped for ore, and 4 ped for enmatter. if you search for both at same time it will decay 8 ped. searching for one matter at a time 39 uses with minimum tt at 4 ped. search for both at same time 20 uses taking amp to 0 ped tt.

cheers

I know with the 200ped lvl 5 amp (old oa-103) I can do 49 double drops. (both ore and enmatter at the same time)

This means it decays 2 ped for the ore and 2 ped for the enmatter each drop. (the enmatter amperage isnt halved)

I would assume then that for the lvl 8 amp which decays 4ped per use that you would have 39 uses if using just ore or enmatter, and 19 uses if double dropping ore and enmatter. (decaying it 8ped per double drop)

hope that at least helps you on the path towards the research you need,

narfi

amp will decay the same amount no matter what you search for. lvl 8 amp decay 4 ped for ore, and 4 ped for enmatter. if you search for both at same time it will decay 8 ped. searching for one matter at a time 39 uses with minimum tt at 4 ped. search for both at same time 20 uses taking amp to 0 ped tt.

cheers

Quick response, tyvm. That makes complete sense, now I can decipher entropedia :). However, I was under the assumption that enmatter was "half as expensive, thus double the use." I guess that's changed. Having said that, with MA-109 being (used to be) 34 drops, theoretically, the largest matter find would be half of ore, if I "assumed" correctly. Now that's changed too, if you can drop only 17 enmatter (same as ore)?

Thanks for the heads up, and +rep for you mate.

I think the biggest change is that you can now amp enmatter up to 20ped per drop, where before the change the highest you could amp enmatter was 10ped.

Other than that its just more options for everyone.

narfi

Thanks guys, answered all my questions :).

They fixed the 0 tt ped, on the lvl 8 amp that I've seen anyway, when amp is down to 8 ped you can only do a single drop no more double.

Thank you also for the information on the new amps, i still didnt get my head around it, so that means i can do 98 drops on a lvl 5 amp which is (oa-103) 200ped TT used to be 56 drops 114ped TT

if i did only ore....

i might try 1 soon then, if they fix extracting :)

Thanks everyone too :)

RJ Rob

RJ, I think there are two different level 5 amps, the 200tt one and the 114tt one, im not sure what the difference is, ive only used the 200tt so far.

narfi

They fixed the 0 tt ped, on the lvl 8 amp that I've seen anyway, when amp is down to 8 ped you can only do a single drop no more double.

Drat. I thought that was a nice new feature!!

So a level8 amp gives now 19 double drops + one single?

really? took a lvl 12 down to 0 ped tt last night, 30 ped last drop :D

However, I was under the assumption that enmatter was "half as expensive, thus double the use." I guess that's changed.

Well that could be said to be one of the design flaws of the new system. If someone wants to bomb both types, use an amp, yet keep the Enmatter cost at half the Ore cost, they need 2 Finders with different amps attached. And changing Finders requires 2 extra clicks.
Maybe this will get fixed when they sort out the other design flaw about how you can use the same Finder when you have different Profession Levels.

nevermind that was wrong, level 7 amps use 30ped in probes if dropping for both

Just got to the end of a Level 8 amp. Goes right down to 0 as before. So 20 double drops.

Back