Mining manual

trikky

Provider
Society
Director NBK Miners (NBK Council member)
Zinna Kanly Haskell
We at NBK Miners have been using this Manual for our newbie miners, typing the same thing over and over again as we train new miners can be boring, so I compiled this mining manual for internal use. But in the spirit of cooperation to the Entropia Community, I've decided to release it to the general population here on EF.

the manual can be downloaded from this link:

Download here

If you're interested in mining, NBK Miners welcomes anybody from lvl 1 to lvl 29 Prospector/Surveyor. If you're a bit more advanced than that, NBK Elite miners from lvl 30+ might be the place for you. Both are very friendly societies where we help each other out to learn and improve our mining techniques.

Last edited:
great idea...broken link tho :(

Very nice and usefull. I especialy like that you present different theorys as just that, theorys. I can't stand it when people talk as if their theory is the absolut fact and every one else is dead wrong yet they can not provide any clear evidence.

The section about carpetboming, I'd sugest displaceing the second line of bombs 50m from the first one, that way you can get more bombs in the same area without overlaping.

Well done , its really easy to understand :)
+Rep for this understandable tut

Thanks ;)

The section about carpetboming, I'd sugest displaceing the second line of bombs 50m from the first one, that way you can get more bombs in the same area without overlaping.

ooh, I know exactly what you mean!, I'm not a carpetbomber but will make a new graph and add it to the next edition!:D

"Bots and bacon" yummy :D

Apart from that little typo (just in case, it should be "beacon") very nice guide.

"Bots and bacon" yummy :D

Apart from that little typo (just in case, it should be "beacon") very nice guide.

uhm... it's not a typo.. it's a running soc joke I guess...:ahh:

uhm... it's not a typo.. it's a running soc joke I guess...:ahh:

Well, I do like bacon, but someone who may not actually know what a beacon is it may be a bit confusing... Then again, probably not and I do like bacon :D

+rep for a nice guide

Well, I do like bacon, but someone who may not actually know what a beacon is it may be a bit confusing... Then again, probably not and I do like bacon :D

we all like bacon and we all love beacons, so it's a natural combination ;)

bacon is good for me!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T_obaO46Bo

ohh and btw - possible to just copy->paste the text into this forum? - so we wont have to DL pdf and open adobe reader....

Ty for posting, didnt read it yet tho... :D

I guess I could do that, but without the pictures that's 1/2 the manual... I decided not to do it that way because there's a lot of pics and some tables

makes sense i spose...

Did u like bacon boy? :D

Thank you for sharing! I was fascinated by the Skill Reading Theory. Lol I think I was using that the wrong way...

Thank you for sharing! I was fascinated by the Skill Reading Theory. Lol I think I was using that the wrong way...

There's no wrong or right way to use it, if it works for you, keep at it...

:yay: for a great guide. Thanks for sharing :D

oops, new VU and the Katsuichi harakiri trick for PVP4 has been removed... working on a new version of the manual and I'll correct that... for now be aware that it doesn't work anymore. :mad:

Hi,

Great manual. :) I learned a bit. :)

One suggestion: regarding double bombing, finds are always from the inside out to the maximum range of your finder. Therefore, if you get a claim within 5m of where you dropped, you still have 90% of the area available to search. Therefore, the best time to double bomb is when the claim is very close to the bombing point, the worst time is when it is far away.

Also, one other suggestion for your manual: bombs and probes don't seem to interfere with each other. You can use them to help get good spacing. If it takes you 20 seconds to run 100m, if you alternate bombs and probes, you can drop every 10 seconds and still get nearly perfect spacing.

Personally, I rarely find an area rich in both ores and enmats. Usually, one will hit but the other won't.

I was testing last night the part in the manual about different depths. I ran an area using a tk320 and an of101. The 101 tended to hit more often than the tk320, supporting the theory. However, double bombing one with the other produced only 1 extra hit (around 5%).

Also, the manual states 3 different depths, what are they?

I was testing last night the part in the manual about different depths. I ran an area using a tk320 and an of101. The 101 tended to hit more often than the tk320, supporting the theory. However, double bombing one with the other produced only 1 extra hit (around 5%).

Also, the manual states 3 different depths, what are they?

I guess you should be able to mine with a OF101 + OF 105/211 + tk320, that's the three depths, I've just realized I haven't tried that at all since the new VU, so I might be very wrong in there

Hmm a blank page shows up on the OP's link. :scratch2:

Works fine here.

Nice manual, thank you! :)

Back