Mining pattern time cycle

Nick Co0Lio

Mature
Hello all,

In the event that mining wasn't TOTALLY random and claim patterns could be mapped... what would be the time cycle until the map you make at say... 5 PM on 17th Sept 2020 REPLICATES ?
I think 24h isn't correct... based on my tests... any other viable cycle time? And you don't need to reply "it depends on the mineral"... minerals are based on demand and finder used (depth)... so for example LYST will ALWAYS be available, same as OIL. My question is... what's a viable cycle time for a claim map to replicate and find claims at the same places or similar than at a given time?

6hours? 12? 24? 48? I haven't tested enough to know this info just yet. Any inputs?

Its dynamic

Actually, if it was entirely random, it would be easier to map. Every indication though is that the different loot tables (or sub tables) may be randomly selected over time.

The more important question is how much do I need to sample to capture all the variation is an area to get an idea what the “average” run will be. That doesn’t become out of date unless MA makes significant resource changes.

Last edited:
I don't think that the real x and y coordinates mean anything nowadays, what matters is weather the loot cycle is taking or giving resources.

Hello all,

In the event that mining wasn't TOTALLY random and claim patterns could be mapped... what would be the time cycle until the map you make at say... 5 PM on 17th Sept 2020 REPLICATES ?
I think 24h isn't correct... based on my tests... any other viable cycle time? And you don't need to reply "it depends on the mineral"... minerals are based on demand and finder used (depth)... so for example LYST will ALWAYS be available, same as OIL. My question is... what's a viable cycle time for a claim map to replicate and find claims at the same places or similar than at a given time?

6hours? 12? 24? 48? I haven't tested enough to know this info just yet. Any inputs?

There are a lot of variables to consider when looking at mining patterns. At a high level you need to take into account your avatar skills and equipment and the field that you are searching in as well as resource churn. I've never thought as a map replicating itself and if you've ever hunted in a large spawn of mobs with a lot of hunters there is a delay when certain types spawn and they can spawn throughout the field. It would seem that mining is like that but at a much slower pace that is dependent on resource type and location (X, Y, and Z depth). Having the skills and equipment to search through the depth layers gives your avatar the means to find things someone who is new with TT equipment cannot find. I've always mapped resource fields to increase my chances at finding higher markup ores and enmatters to sell in auction but don't count on them to be in the same spots in the field over a set cycle time. There are some commonalities between mob spawn and resource spawn in my opinion and I've always though MA would make their systems similar instead of trying to maintain two unique systems.

When I had the skills to use 1000m depth finders I did find rare resources more often but never in great quantities. I think there is a finite limit to higher tier resources and if they aren't being used they don't spawn as much. There is an interconnectedness between all the professions in EU that need to be taken into account, in my opinion.

Back