Mining Pool?

Dash Smashing

Citizen
Society
Origin Of Symmetry
I want to hear some miners theories on how the mining pool works..

Static Deposits do exist.. We all have our 'favourite' spots to mine.. But I'm wondering about the 5 rich's that were found..

Strakkan found one.. then within 24 hours, dekel, infusion, mindbuster, and .. someone im forgetting. ill edit later if i remember.

but 4 rich deposits all found within 24hr.. then like, 2-3 days later, another was found..

since then I cant remember any being found..

So how does the mining pool work? If these 'hofs' were added to the pool, some of the mining areas on calypso must draw from the same pool..

i.e. all bombs dropped within this 500m square draw from the 'low/none' pool, etc, etc, all bombs within this 500m square draw from the 'great/abundant' pool, and then the rare chance you find a square the draws from the hof pool.. again, each square would have to be 'drawn' when a miner drops a bomb i suppose.

but I want to know why they all happened on the same day, and none have happened since.

erm...

Becasue ppl were moaning and quitting so MA 'bought' them?

Yes,thats MA's usual concept.If peopel bitch and moan alot over VU and loots,make the uber drop come :laugh:

MA has purchased players :rolleyes:

I like Kalashis Awnser :)

But after the VU was a lot of Panic Hunts and such. People read they dont get Exp for Axe Skilling anymore and did "unusal" Hunts - and most dont had any luck. There Huge Loads more Mobs but loot is not more so far combinated with the "Bla bla we have no loot messages but if you loot you get more" Policy flooded some Cash in the Pool (if he exist).

There was a LOT of Monney around this , Landgrab and the "Kalashi Concept" may enabled this Hofs.

I think There is some Kind of Mining Matrix.
But i have no real Awnser why there was 4 or 5 Great found in that short Time and after it nothing again.

Von said:
In the retail business its called a "loss leader".

for those of us who arent in econ 101

The strategy of offering a product or service at a considerable discount and loss of profit in order to attract future business.

A common practice when first entering a market, a loss leader's job is to introduce new customers to a service or product in hopes of building future relationships.

i'm not sure if ma really took that big a 'hit' from these losses.. but were they arbitrarily assigned? did everyone with a skill over 500 have a chance for example? wERE they area-specific? or were those 4-5 players singled out and rewarded? =)

i noticed no diference expept the introduction of rich deposits

Back