Modified loot? You mean they made it worse?

Ast

Old Alpha
Society
Project -X-
Py Ast Do'Urden
After a sabbatical of a year i came back to give this game a shot again. Where most participants in my memory are welcomed back with a huge hof, they just turned the loot crap on me. After a month of playing again and i'm not just thinking of quiting but actually are doing the math of what 8 years of playing costed me except for frustatration and disappointment.

- The loots were supposed to be modified and spread better. The only thing i notice is that what ever i do, be it mining, crafting or hunting it just sucks.

- They ruined the markup on hunting by removing crafting components, they ruined crafting by removing those same components... What the hell!!!

- They lured me back with the anniversary but after that debacle of a SGA, where i looted nothing, did i really think i would end up with a usefull item this time??

- So whats improved over a year. Well they improved the crafting interface... (but forgot the gaming experience...)

After a sabbatical of a year i came back to give this game a shot again. Where most participants in my memory are welcomed back with a huge hof, they just turned the loot crap on me. After a month of playing again and i'm not just thinking of quiting but actually are doing the math of what 8 years of playing costed me except for frustatration and disappointment.

- The loots were supposed to be modified and spread better. The only thing i notice is that what ever i do, be it mining, crafting or hunting it just sucks.

- They ruined the markup on hunting by removing crafting components, they ruined crafting by removing those same components... What the hell!!!

- They lured me back with the anniversary but after that debacle of a SGA, where i looted nothing, did i really think i would end up with a usefull item this time??

- So whats improved over a year. Well they improved the crafting interface... (but forgot the gaming experience...)

I think it just means less ups and downs man, but the returns are still the same

LOL

Join the club.

I stopped spending because I lost faith a long time ago. And every time I thought "now HAS to be my time" it was awarded with more dissapointments.

Guess things that involve luck are not my game.

Maybe in 2 years when I celebrate my TEN...

For me that is correct, i just have the downs left now.
And as you might have guessed the returns are even worse than ever before, atleast for me.

I think it just means less ups and downs man, but the returns are still the same

The ATH's were payed out in 1-2 days, so we are all paying it back atm.

Loot, let alone skill gain has been crap. 80% returns on average for hunting and only about 27% of the normal skill gains cuz of the crap nerf.

Example... 560 ped spent... 42% skill gain of a single level.... At lvl 16...

Just sayin...

For me the returns are the same as usual... Try killing 5k mobs in an eco manner and claim 50-60% avg... Won't happen

Seems it has gone down the shitter even more indeed. Best to skill things that don't cost a lot instead perhaps for a while, yet such things can be boring lol. When doing things in an eco way you earn your peds back or loose approx 100 ped/hour. Hope this modified stuff is over real soon. Seems it's not meant for all in a positive way again.

Welcome back to EU

Seems it has gone down the shitter even more indeed. Best to skill things that don't cost a lot instead perhaps for a while, yet such things can be boring lol. When doing things in an eco way you earn your peds back or loose approx 100 ped/hour. Hope this modified stuff is over real soon. Seems it's not meant for all in a positive way again.

it's all relative. It's boring for a while but then getting a 10ped loot from a kill that only cost 30pec it gets slightly more interesting.

Losing only a few ped rather than a few hundred also helps. You just won't get the items anymore, not that it appears many are anyway.

Modified loot means lower % back and a few weeks later informed MA that the frequency globals will reduce.:laugh:
But dont be sorry we will have new 10 peds globals.:lolup:

geesh, you not supposed to play the game, your supposed to invest, because investing requires a lot more deposits to buy things with zero tt value.

geesh, you not supposed to play the game, your supposed to invest, because investing requires a lot more deposits to buy things with zero tt value.

BS alarm ! BS alarm !

The sky is blue

Where did it say 'modified' loot would be spread 'better'? I didn't see that, I, as I always do with EU now, read that to mean, 'Loot is going to absolutely mullered for most people and the usual suspects will continue to daisy chain hofs with ease, as soon as you get anything nice, we're going to take it all off you again within a day.'

:laugh:

Last edited:
Fewer globals and hofs, but steadier returns = mod loot. In theory. Or as a sales pitch?

Either way, EU just got a lot more boring for me.

Eco players are always going to play eco, unless they hit a jackpot or lose their minds. Other players will always want to dump coin into the hat in the expectation of regular swirls, not profit, or even very close to break even.

As ever, they tinker with what works for many, alienating a lot of players ( just watch ) and avoid the ultimate sin: attracting more people!

downhill man....such bad PR can't be reverted without changing brand :)

As ever, they tinker with what works for many, alienating a lot of players ( just watch ) and avoid the ultimate sin: attracting more people!

It's extremely obvious the normal system failed. They had the non modified system for 10 years and the active playerbase amount and PR isn't something to brag about.

It's extremely obvious the normal system failed. They had the non modified system for 10 years and the active playerbase amount and PR isn't something to brag about.

I wouldn't consider making it 10 years in the gaming & MMO business "failing." But if you think getting rid of the players that deposit alot, and play high end in favor of all eco maniacs that pinch a penny until is screams and deposit 20 bucks every 6 months is good for business...and will somehow make the economy flourish.....we'll see. ;)

I wouldn't consider making it 10 years in the gaming & MMO business "failing." But if you think getting rid of the players that deposit alot, and play high end in favor of all eco maniacs that pinch a penny until is screams and deposit 20 bucks every 6 months is good for business...and will somehow make the economy flourish.....we'll see. ;)

This was great when you could make your peds last a much longer time. When you wanted to go big you could, it wouldn't bankrupt you. Now? Hunt anything mid level up and the returns are hideous.

They 'made it' 10 years because they blatantly exploited the playerbase. You think this game has a decent reputation in the MMO business? At the current going rate we'll have more LA's and zones then players in the near future.

And besides ... the target group for such a system is decreasing each day. So instead of having a handfull of players who deposit a few k's, it's also possible to have a few k's players who deposit a handfull of peds.

Back