My idea on obtaining sweat for less than an arm and a leg. ((Involves cooperation))

LeFae

Old
Society
Rapture of Rebellion
Anna LeFae Spiritus
Ive been thinking on this for some time and was not sure how to go about putting the plan into action so I went out and tried it.

This was the idea of mining my nexus, and then taking that which I had mined and instead of buying my sweat at rediculous prices, bartering with the sweaters. By this I mean trading off my nexus for sweat at a 1:1 ratio. The reason for this line of trading is for two reasons. Even though sweat seems to sell for large amounts, it costs money to mine nexus, and the second reason being that in the end. When ME is made, it sells for more than what sweat or nexus would go alone.

So I went and tried this, and I had limited success. I was able to make some trades and get it. But later I talked with a noob, whose name I dont even remember now :x who went on about how they should get more nexus per sweat and how they could buy a large amount on auction due to the price at which they sell sweat. And then proceeded to completely disregaurd any argument at how sweat goes for 350% while nexus goes for 170%.

This made me think further. And while this approach may seem somewhat harsh, I think it may also work in perhaps lowering sweat prices, or bringing noobs to the position that they would be willing to trade nexus for sweat.

What must be done is to stop selling Nexus on the open market, and to stop buying the sweat from the noobs. The problem with this though, is that this would have to be an agreed upon thing by all, or a very large percentage of those who mine nexus. But in the end, the prices may come down, or seeing that their sweat is no longer selling, they may decide to start trading it. Which could in effect put ME and Sweat at the same level, with one much affecting the other. And due to the fact that Nexus is so easy to mine, it could bring ME prices down, which is also a much needed thing.

Like I said, it would be a hard thing to pull off since this would require a huge amount of people to work together, but if done could help a lot.

Sorry if this makes little sense but atm I am tired from working a long shift. I will come back tomorrow and edit all of this, and make sure that it is understandable.

Another attempt at controlling the market. I remember when sweat was 1 pec a bottle, and the noobs wanted to go on a strike to get the prices up.

All in all, I doubt you'll have any luck with this. If you only get 90% of the miners with you, the 10% would sell at insane prices ;)

Oh well was worth a try I guess.. Will just have to make my own avatar to support my MF habits :x

Evil noobs and their inflated prices :x

A nice idea, but one that wouldnt work simply because you couldnt get all miners involved (Not all use the forums for starters).

However it is becoming clear we do need to barter better for sweat as the price is now getting silly, one new player tried to sell me some for 3.5 pec a bottle last night, and the average price at Phoenix (In my timezone) is now 2.7-2.8 pec

Sweating hasnt become harder, although I will admit after trying it myself the skills are gained faster now so you do lose the ability to sweat quicker. But the prices are making what is already an expensive hobby even more expensive, 270% + 150% Nexus = 420% ME price and its still rising. :eek:

It bugs me to no end to see this type of stuff. Because sadly what is happening is that out of ignorance partially and also out of greed they have no problem steadily pushing up the prices. Half the time the noobs don't even know what sweat is used for! Just that they can sell it at that price and keep wanting more more more.

I hate to say it, but if this does not stop soon I hve the feeling that MF will be doomed. I do not like this idea personally as I am fascinated with the idea of mf :x

All attempts to "control" the market at doomed from the start. The only hope for MF users is to win the lottery and deposit to support the high prices, or have MA do something about the obvious inbalance.

Perhaps as it's generally people who deposit into the game who buy sweat, MA should start taking their feelings over those who play the game for a week free and then leave.

One thing that could help is visibility of pricing. For example. If you go around advertizing that you will buy sweat for 1 pec per bottle some people will bite. If many many go around advertizing that price the ones paying more will stop paying more.

Especially in this game, that is modeled after real life, you can influence peoples perception of things.

The market may be hard to control but it can be influenced.

DD
:evilking:

I'm always surprised when people blame the sweaters for the price of sweat!

What folly!

Sweat prices will remain where they are as long as there are buyers out there buying at the current asking price.

Want the price of sweat to drop? Don't buy it. Demand will fall and so will prices.

Don't have that kind of patience? Write MA and ask them to increase the sweat supply and/or sweat cap limit, in vein.

truantduck said:

What folly!

Sweat prices will remain where they are as long as there are buyers out there buying at the current asking price.

Want the price of sweat to drop? Don't buy it. Demand will fall and so will prices.

How arrogant of you to suggest that the free market control the price of sweat :)

truantduck said:

What folly!

Agree 100%, reps for you Truantduck.

You think the price is to high? Don't buy! How hard can that be?

Just let the MF rest for a while. When more and more people reach this decition, they'll stop buying and the prices will slowly fall. The marked will always adjust to the new demand.

I've quit buying sweat and force nexus. I have 2k+ mind essence on me for emergencies, 3k mind essence in vault for reserves, and 6k force nexus in vault.

So I've basically stopped using MF except in emergencies, like when I was so into my hunting, I forgot to watch my ammo and needed the firestorm as a backup, til I got to a vendor. At this time in PE, Mind Force is relegated to secondary tools, because of the expense, decay, and uselessness of it.

I also mine enmatter now as a part time distraction.

But I will frequently go to PA and Phoenix and listen to see what people are paying for sweat. When it gets to where I feel it's reasonable, I'll also buy it.

Thanks
Az

agreed, if prices are too high, the natural thing to do is bail rather than cut off your arm for a few dozen measly sweat. it may suck to go without but if you bow down, itll just get worse. part of the problem, as some have mentioned, is education. noobs dont know what sweat is about half the time, nor do they realise why 15 noobs all standing around sweating the same snable (seen this a million times) isnt getting much done. its probly wrong to blame human nature; anyone at all, especially someone whos new and doesnt have much yet, will want as much money as they can get. probly better for all of us to submit cases (which probly annoys them but my sympathy for MA is running a tad low lately) and ask them to even things out. these chips are ingame for a reason, but if MA wants us to bother burning money to use them, things must be reasonable. bah, simple as that. holding nuts on the noobs is more or less the same thing as getting mad at the hammer when one drops it on ones foot. lets go to the source.. bitch at MA instead =D

Crys said:
agreed, if prices are too high, the natural thing to do is bail rather than cut off your arm for a few dozen measly sweat. it may suck to go without but if you bow down, itll just get worse. part of the problem, as some have mentioned, is education. noobs dont know what sweat is about half the time, nor do they realise why 15 noobs all standing around sweating the same snable (seen this a million times) isnt getting much done. its probly wrong to blame human nature; anyone at all, especially someone whos new and doesnt have much yet, will want as much money as they can get. probly better for all of us to submit cases (which probly annoys them but my sympathy for MA is running a tad low lately) and ask them to even things out. these chips are ingame for a reason, but if MA wants us to bother burning money to use them, things must be reasonable. bah, simple as that. holding nuts on the noobs is more or less the same thing as getting mad at the hammer when one drops it on ones foot. lets go to the source.. bitch at MA instead =D

I agree, I dont blame the noobs....they're just trying to get what they can.

Az

About the gripe on buying at high prices. I dont buy sweat from noobs. I actually created a sweat noob avatar and do it myself. Its much more fun to sweat and it saves me a lot since I mine my Nexus and produce my sweat. That way I can either sell the ME or feed my MF habit with it :p

You realise that is against the rules, don't you?

Devil Doll said:
One thing that could help is visibility of pricing. For example. If you go around advertizing that you will buy sweat for 1 pec per bottle some people will bite. If many many go around advertizing that price the ones paying more will stop paying more.

Especially in this game, that is modeled after real life, you can influence peoples perception of things.

The market may be hard to control but it can be influenced.

DD
:evilking:

Thats the most constructive idea/method here!

Yes, you dont have to actually attempt/spend time to stay and trade, just instead of saying Hi we should say "Buying Sweat at 1.1 per bottle." and it WILL as DD pointed out drop the prices.

Remember Nike shoes, Coca Kola, blue jeans the things that brought Commis down. Follow the same patern lol

I was always saying that that guy in Zychion is Lenin in fact :dunce:
so sweaters hangout there and get those ideas...

My MF stash run to the last 1.5k after which i will have to do something...

Back