My take on this game

end

I think we can close this thread

I have never seen this Jallard ingame and prolly never will. Prove me wrong.

Regards, Roni

I think we can close this thread

I have never seen this Jallard ingame and prolly never will. Prove me wrong.

Regards, Roni

he realized he was in a wrong MMO probably

loosing "new blood" is sad anyway
one more down

And people question why this game is not growing - I suggest a quick read through will answer that !

And people question why this game is not growing - I suggest a quick read through will answer that !
Not sure what u mean?
Just went back and read through these 2 posts OP made, trying to find out why new players leave the game. At best one could make a conclusion that it's pretty much hopeless for kids under 12. Or dangerous to their daddy's credit card and still absolutely hopeless.
But we already knew that.

Most threads were questioning both his patience ability and funding. I think there was one saying welcome and this is what it will cost you. A number of threads were overly aggressive - someone said this is like joining a Linux thread; in other words to be able to join(play) you need to be a cut above the usual mob. Well do you know what carry on with this kind of welcome and we will only get what we deserve.

Most threads were questioning both his patience ability and funding. I think there was one saying welcome and this is what it will cost you. A number of threads were overly aggressive - someone said this is like joining a Linux thread; in other words to be able to join(play) you need to be a cut above the usual mob. Well do you know what carry on with this kind of welcome and we will only get what we deserve.
Ok, I see what u mean. Well maybe it's a natural selection - some ppl instantly figured out this is a hopeless case?
I mean, there's very nice welcome threads, prolly most of em.

Not sure what u mean?
Just went back and read through these 2 posts OP made, trying to find out why new players leave the game..

Why new players leave? They cant play for long with that bad payback most ppl have. I dont speek about the few lucky ones.

I had a disciple, he was depo 30$, 4 days later he was broke, and he just killed very smal mobs like puny and or kerbs young and such. After this, he depo again 30$ and tried out mining.. at first day he got a glob with 50 ped, at 2. day he got a hof with 400 ped. then he was thinking, wow, thats the way to go. but it seems, that this hof was the last good payback he had.. from this day on, he only lost, lost lost.. after a week he was broke again, and since then i never saw him again in game.

Some ppl just want play for fun, but there is the problem, this fun cost way too much. it have games around, where you can play 1 year for 30$. In EU 30 $ last a few days (as noob). That's why a lot new players don't play long, and why a lot old players gave up, or just play a few hours per year.

Don't tell me now thy can go sweating:) and then it last long.. not everyone like the super boring sweating. Also if you like sweating, you sweat 2 days, for buy some little ammo, and after 1-2 hour hunt, it is gone.

One fact more, why ppl left. They get 9 bad runs with a payback of 40 - 90% then maybe they get 1 good run with a payback of maybe 150%. what do you feel, if you get 9 bad runs and only one good run?
Yea, 100 points! They just think wow, that is a game for loosers. Do I want do be a looser, most of the time?

A lot ppl play games to have fun, but loosing in most cases, is far away to be funny, if you have to pay a lot of money to get a feeling to be a big looser.

I know, MA is a company, and need to make money, thats all ok! but they just lost the balance and it give a feeling of a very greedy company. Who will support a greedy company?

So ,now call me a whiner or what ever, all ok, i dont care about this, but what i say here are my experiences i made with my disciples and old friends and a lot other ppl.

Reactions: Mac
Nice post Trance. The thing that got me started years ago was being able to go out with my 1x0 axe and chop mobs and then more axes and loot dropped. I got 101 amps, pixie armor, and peds and pecs. I could go to Port Atlantis or Twin Peaks and join in the chorus of traders there and make happy deals on the fly. I made enough grinding low level mobs to keep playing while building my skills and hp, and oh by the way, it was fun to be in the game exploring and interacting with other players. Then, MA came out and said 1x0 axe was "bugged" and "fixed" them, in actuality they just nerfed them. When they nerfed them, they nerfed the path and ability for people to come in play and learn and and sustain themselves and get excited about building their avatar. It was never the same after that.

Oh Bloody Hell. I replied to a thread which was one of many, I guess iono! This is beyond dumb at this point.

Fin~

I loved the fact that hanky-panky was banned on pcf (1970s British humour)

New player that loves the game perspective

Why new players leave? They cant play for long with that bad payback most ppl have. I dont speek about the few lucky ones.

Some ppl just want play for fun, but there is the problem, this fun cost way too much. it have games around, where you can play 1 year for 30$. In EU 30 $ last a few days (as noob). That's why a lot new players don't play long, and why a lot old players gave up, or just play a few hours per year.

Don't tell me now thy can go sweating:) and then it last long.. not everyone like the super boring sweating. Also if you like sweating, you sweat 2 days, for buy some little ammo, and after 1-2 hour hunt, it is gone.

Taking part of Trance's post, I'll have to say that I am a fairly new player. This game heavily favors those that don't mind being "solo." I have just ran around exploring, cycled about 300PED on noobish mobs from a deposit of 200 PED so far. I have tried mining, melee, and laser rifle (everyone recommends).

Sweating is boring as hell. It's not "fun," and people play Games to have fun. EU is less of a game and more of a Second Life type experience. Problem is that in real life, not everything costs. I can find a stick and use it to dig up worms to eat. In EU, everything costs but running around.

Fruit walking is boring as hell too. I don't mind paying to play games, I have paid to play since 2003 some game or another. The problem is here that being "small-time" vs "big-time" is cost prohibitive. You aren't going to "grow" your pockets and advance into higher stuff by playing. You will have to pay.

I like spreadsheets, so I know what I am losing. But it's not too fun to have to spend $100s to get to where you want to be. It is simply a daunting game for new players, even when you read and play and try and track. But new players are the ones that fuel lots of trade. Its the velocity of money. And the fact that there aren't noob friendly missions on each planet, each planet is so different, and there are only around 1k players active on the game at any one time makes it tough.

Maybe if auctions were universe-wide and trade was more viable it would help. Overall, i like the game a lot. But its very hard for new players, and reality is: Its gonna cost you big to play big.

my 2 cents.
-Ahrotahn

Back