My take on "your hunting level"

WoenK

Elite
Society
Riverboat Gamblers
Irdeta WoenK Hocren
...been wanting to write this for a while :D
The following is just how I define my hunting level.
Really my take on "do not hunt above your level". Some will disagree and find it too limiting, but especially for new players it might be helpful.
More or less thumb rules.

First off... Entropiawiki is a ressource that should be used, play around with it, find out how your armour fares against the mobs you are planning to hunt, how much dps and decay the gun you use will have.

Second: HEALTH
Once you unlock Commando you will notice how much easier life becomes.
Really never really took care and thought I could heal it out.
Have enought health to survive two criticals of a mob (aka full hit like you are hunting naked)!
The wiki may not be very accurate, thumb rule here is three times the level of the mob is the maximum damage you can get with a blow.
Some would say that two criticals in a row are too rare, but for me they are common enough to be annoying.

Third: EVADE
tricky, because there is no clear definition...some mobs seem to hit you more often at same level then others, almost like your evade against them is not working like on others. The wiki has some really nice findings, might be outdated, but gives some hints
Thumb rule, have evade around 5 levels higher than the mob you are hunting.

Fourth: Weapons
Unless you really really know what you are doing, I would strongly advice against using unmaxed SiB weapons.
And if you think you know, than there is no reason for it because simply chip up to have it maxed, way cheaper then spending the PEDs on inefficiency and paying too much markup.
Considering a maxed SiB weapon, do not have the mob level above half of the gun level.
Some might call this "overkilling", I consider it easier and a way of getting more mobs killed and PEDs cycled.
There was a time where one got a kill bonus in skills, but I do not notice that anymore. That time you could use different weapons and on the kill you got skills for any profession used (aka take a few swings with a knife, a sword, a powerfist, some BLP).

Soe at the moment my hunting level, having 237 HP, 83 Laser damage using a lmaxed evel 75 SiB Rifle and 53 level Evader is...37ish
It's the level where I do not have to care much about dying and still can kill enough mobs and cycle most.
Anything above that is a risk I take and I rarely complain about loot returns because of that.

and final advices....
Get a teleport chip..if you are dead and have to return to the mob with anything else, you lose time, health regenerates, meaning more investment need for the kill and most importingly...some may not wait 10 minutes until you have returned. I persoanlly wait maybe two minutes, some other do not wait at all when the heatlh of the mob is above half.
Vehicles are good for scouting not but for getting fast from one place to another.

Do not call others "kill stealers" just because you think it is cool.
Just because you saw a mob and shot at it does not mean it is "yours". First you must really hit it and hit it hard enough that you attract it. If you use a longe range tagger, miss and somebody does three hits before you shoot the second time, it's not a steal.
Real kill stealing is rare, way much rarer than people are called it.

and finally...take care of your surroundings.
In crowded situations it can be difficult to not hit the mob somebody else is shooting. Nobody ever say "Thank your" for the ammo you spent, but is ammo and decay you lost.

This is a good post. I agree with the OP's level theory.

There was a time where one got a kill bonus in skills, but I do not notice that anymore. That time you could use different weapons and on the kill you got skills for any profession used (aka take a few swings with a knife, a sword, a powerfist, some BLP).

That's still there, maybe less often than before.

First you must really hit it and hit it hard enough that you attract it. If you use a longe range tagger, miss and somebody does three hits before you shoot the second time, it's not a steal.
But it is,
even if you are running to a mob with obvious intention to pull it and someone else shoots it while they have mobs closer by themselves it is a killsteal. Person is only doing it to fuck with you if he has other mobs closeby.

If the mob is even capable of killing you when your wearing armor it’s too big in my books. Healing or not.

It sure as shit is, having a bot click f for you for 30 hours a day, just like the Ubers
I wish I had a bot clicking for me I would be able to reduce costs by a lot and have some kind of auto repair; alas I don’t have one.
I think you confuse F spamming for a bot?

Also my rules would apply to those Ubers, if the mob can kill you easily you ain’t gunna bot it for 30 hours it’ll kill you…

I don’t understand your negativity? You don’t like my “rule” then you say my rule is Uber?

There was a time where one got a kill bonus in skills, but I do not notice that anymore.

This was actually one thing that stood out to me hunting this week, more than before.

I'm guessing it's to do with the fact that "looting" is a separate event from "killing" now and that's the only time you get looter-specific skills?

EDIT: I know it was always a "separate event" but it didn't originally have it's own associated skillset/professions.

Back