Suggestion: need more tier comps!

should tier comps be added to seasonal boxes?

• yes!

• no!

• i dont care either way!

• everything is perfectly balanced!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Someone who hunts more for tier comps specifically would be better suited to answer this, but if tier comp MU did drop, would that really affect your overall returns? Are they a significant enough portion of your loot TT (including shrap), that your net returns would change by a lot?
Depends on the mob and level comp of course, but a couple of % for the good ones I think, they aren’t that common (obviously😁). Most can’t live off them alone, you need MU from your other loot.
But anyway if they doubled the drop rate, and the markup halved, it wouldnt make much difference for the hunters profitability, because he will loot more of the item.
In fact it might be an overall win for everybody, cheaper tier comps will make tiering feasible to more people, demand will go up.

Well, then don't. Nobody forces you to tier it up.
Sell your PoE and buy angel instead if you want to tier.

Thinking your way, I could argue how unfair it is that my weapon only gives back 91% TT while others give back 97% for the same amount of ammo used. How is that fair?

So, what you have here is that PeO is a very nice and rare special armour, but it has 1 huge disadvantage and that is the insane tiering costs. That's one of the features of that armor set.
Instead of wanting to change that, you could also except that, even though it does not make sense (like many other things in EU that dont make sense)

why do you even care? you spend your time commenting on posts that are none of your business than you do hunting for tier comps. so how will any of these changes effect you at all?

It seems as though there are enough people sitting with tier 2.99 of so many things, that tiering gets stagnated, and impacts everything further up the chain.

Doubling the drop rate may indeed at some point half the MU, but there are so many countless items sitting waiting at 2.99 that it certainly wouldn't crash. Twice the comps at half the price is no skin off the hunters nose, and the whole tiering chain continues without it grinding to a halt as it often does at 2.99 atm.

I am at mod shadow 2.99 atm needing 23.5k tier 3 comps...meanwhile i heared that perfected gorgon seems to be quite the steal to tier in comparison - makes you wonder if the costs are based on durability parameters and loot 2.0 returns for armor decay were not considered by mindark in the cost balancing eg durability still saves peds but since peds are returned the savings are much less important especially in comparison to what players cycle per hour nowadays when hunting.
I still think tier comp droprates are decent - but armor tierupgrade costs need more balancing especially with some of the newer armor totally owning older top class armors when it comes to tiering either make newer armors more expensive or older armors cheaper - find some middle ground.

I like the idea of adding them to respective mayhem categories. Keep them as a rarer drop still so there’s some MU on them.

Someone who hunts more for tier comps specifically would be better suited to answer this, but if tier comp MU did drop, would that really affect your overall returns? Are they a significant enough portion of your loot TT (including shrap), that your net returns would change by a lot?

On the mining side if I get a couple rare ores that are 700-1000%, that might just raise my net returns from say 100.5% to 100.55% as an illustrative example. If the MU crashed on that resource, it wouldn’t really affect my returns because I get so little TT of it anyways.

In concept tier components seem to be a rough parallel, though the matter of degree might vary a bit. At least in theory, MA should be able to rebalance a bit where hunters won’t notice much change while increasing availability because these are not extremely common loots.
Well it depends there are certainly a few mobs that would probably go from huntable to unhuntable if tier comps became really low mu but as banana alluded to it's not all black and white, if drop rate doubles and mu halves asusming you grind hard enough to loot double the amount yourself you aren't actually losing anything, as well as the fact that in current game state I think you could double drop rate without the mu even coming close to halving (short term anyway) and with tier comps I think when they get low enough another group of people who don't want to tier their current items due to cost start becoming interested so demand goes up again, price spikes a bit etc.
There are many other factors to the decision to spike a drop rate on something like this though and i think (though i feel kinda lol saying this) MA are better equipped to make the decision than any player so I would leave it to them. Though again i agree 100% armor tier costs are poorly balance and an adjustment would be nice, high tier armor isn't a giant edge compared to high tier weapon.

why do you even care? you spend your time commenting on posts that are none of your business than you do hunting for tier comps. so how will any of these changes effect you at all?

instead of making it personal, you could also just discuss the mentioned arguments.

Back