Question: New Boss Mob coming...bets on the LAGGG!

How much lag do you expect with the new mob events?

• No lag at all, what is lag?

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Small amount of lag, but I will be able to play reasonably

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Large amount of lag, will end up leaving event frustrated

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Not even going to waste my time

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • MA is on it and have addressed the issue....laugh

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I am buying a new PC for this event!

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
Status

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
So Kim is promoting the new Boss mob which will be coming with the new update, the various new missions, but ultimately the huge 50m mob with huge ass HP. Quoted to say that it will take a large amount of players to kill it.

Thus begs the question with every large multiplayer event...LAG!

So bets on how playable the event will be for the average player with a set up running on HIGH to Very HIGH.

I will create a Poll to see what our expectations are and yes I do know some people have magical computers and high speed connections and never have lag.

Cheers
Bjorn

Since its all up to your computer, MA will have no impact on whether you can run it well or not. Just put in some more RAM and lower your graphics settings and you should be fine.

Since its all up to your computer, MA will have no impact on whether you can run it well or not. Just put in some more RAM and lower your graphics settings and you should be fine.

I have 8G RAM, i7 chip, NVIDIA GTS 250 and game normally runs fine on high or very high, I would be very interested to know how much RAM is needed to run this game lag free when a multiplayr event is on. I will try this time on moderate settings and see.

Cheers

I have 8G RAM, i7 chip, NVIDIA GTS 250 and game normally runs fine on high or very high, I would be very interested to know how much RAM is needed to run this game lag free when a multiplayr event is on. I will try this time on moderate settings and see.

Cheers

Well for one, since EU is a 32 bit process, it personally can't use more than 2 GB of RAM at a time, so you're good to go as long as you don't have 180 other windows open at the same time. As for your graphics card, I've heard that NVIDEA cards have trouble running EU (never had a problem with ATI cards, and haven't heard of many either). I'm sure the lag you experience during events is due to avatar texture rendering though. Just turn down the avatar settings in your options menu (textures, object quality, and a few others).

Status
Back