New Chat system

RexDameon

Mentor
Society
Entropia Pioneers
RexDameon Rex Andreosn
Marco posted on EP about a new chat system in the next VU.

Marco|MindArk said:
The current chat server system is completely killed in VU 7.1, where a new one based on a different technology is used. This should yield instant chat access at logon, no disconnects, and no more problems when logging on and off (for team chat etc).

RexDameon said:
Marco posted on EP about a new chat system in the next VU.

Aaaah finally! Ive been waiting for them to fix that!

w0000000t, sounds good hopefully they'll add some more cool and well needed chatfeatures soon too :)

Thanks for the update Rex.

How I long for the day when information like this will be presented in the Official Client Loader or Website. Sigh.

Until that happens, it may be an idea to have a bookmark to: here which is an EP link showing everything Marco says. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
it seems the loot server is also connected to this chat server.

anyone notice now that if you login and kill a mob bEFORE connecting to the chat server it wont give loot, or a 'no loot' msg?

they are intertwined somehow.

Great news Rex! *wishes for away messaging*

DD
:evilking:

:cheer: Yay!
Can't wait for decent chat without disconnects, and hopefully more chat features in the near future

Dash Smashing said:
it seems the loot server is also connected to this chat server.

anyone notice now that if you login and kill a mob bEFORE connecting to the chat server it wont give loot, or a 'no loot' msg?

they are intertwined somehow.

Dont worry i know i thought the same thing. You may not get the this creature did not contain any loot message in your chat window but you CAN get loot not connected to chat server i know from experience.

yay cant wait for new chat system :D

hope it works better :)

omg awesome i have been waiting for this for a long time, i really am beginning to hate when my chat server disconnects :p

Back