FYI: New Mining Logger

There's now some ads on the site, which is needed to pay for some of the expenses. I do regret any inconveniences and hope you will click one of them from time to time.

Important Update!

Important update. Old version is outdated. Will now include size. Sound may not work. Working on problem.

There's now some ads on the site, which is needed to pay for some of the expenses. I do regret any inconveniences and hope you will click one of them from time to time.

Just outta curiosity, do you get paid for just showing the adds, or only when ppl clickz them? or do you just get paid a little for showing and then more for clicks?

'cuz if you do get paid more for clicks, i dont mind lending you a hand with keeping things running by clicking a few penis enlargement adds or whatever they are ;)

Only for clicks, but they actually pay rather well, so don't worry too much, but if you actually see something interesting, and that does happen from time to time, it does make a difference.

There have been some problems with he server script which receives the data. Whether or not the data has been cached is uncertain. In any case it should work.

If you haven't already done so, remember to download the newest client or it won't work.

New version (again)
Not an important update, but worth downloading. The image fitlering process have been optimized, so things should work a little smoother.

Love the logger, I had downloaded a version with a beta included and it worked wonderfully on Vista...until I updated to the new version now it won't load even. Tried deleting and re-downloading, but to no avail...I'm :scratch2:

Jason

Love the logger, I had downloaded a version with a beta included and it worked wonderfully on Vista...until I updated to the new version now it won't load even. Tried deleting and re-downloading, but to no avail...I'm :scratch2:

Jason

Ouch, you're right, something is very wrong. I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

Should work now. Was a matter of a missing file. So hurry up and download the latest version ;)

Thanks for the timely response! +rep

LG

Seems like a nice program, but with no CND or rocktropia maps it dosent fit my needs :( perhaps in the future?

Not having used it, takr what I say with a grain of salt...but I woul like claim size tracked...

anyway good luck with your project

Seems like a nice program, but with no CND or rocktropia maps it dosent fit my needs :( perhaps in the future?

Not having used it, takr what I say with a grain of salt...but I woul like claim size tracked...

anyway good luck with your project

Claims size have already been implemented as requested by several users.

Rocktropia will likely be the next update and as for CND, I may figure something out, but CND is a special case. First of all it's a very small area which probably is of little use to implement. Futher more the coordinates of CND overlaps with Calypso, which can course problems.

I tried to run your app. But I think I dont have the java stuff in my windows 7. Do you have an ETA on a non java application?

I prefer to keep my pc as clean as possible.

I tried to run your app. But I think I dont have the java stuff in my windows 7. Do you have an ETA on a non java application?

I prefer to keep my pc as clean as possible.

No ETA, however, the java environment is something that you're going to install sooner or later, I promise.

No ETA, however, the java environment is something that you're going to install sooner or later, I promise.

LOL i guess it is a necessary evil

I recieved this by email earlier and I though it would be better to answer it here.

I just read the tutorial and the part about the coordinates and the \"problem\" with CND.
In the future there will be much more overlaping when new Planetes come.

When Neverdie lunches the rest of rocktropia you have overlaping there too.

I think you should add a button to choose the planet. And a possibility to change it afterwards if it was forgotten

No one besides MA and possibly the planet partners can say for sure which coordinates will overlap where and when. the fact is, that at this point, they don't, unless you count CND which is a special case.

If the need arise, of course there will be an option to chose, the problem is that as long as it don't say on the mining claim which planet you're on, it can easily go wrong. Ex. When I first tried out "Locations", I thought it was rather nice, until I found that all the data I'd logged on amethera, couldn't be used because I hadn't changed continent in the software. This was no ones fault by my own, but still, if the software had been better designed, it wouldn't have been a problem and this is one reason why I'm rather picky about this.

Of course it will be less problematic in the case of the mining logger, however, I still feel that the less the user have to worry about the better.

As for CND, I think maybe you're trying to argue that there's no need not to include CND as in the end the problem with overlapping coordinates will arise again with other planets anyway. Whether this is true or not, the overlapping coordinates is not the reason that CND hasn't been included yet.

CND may or may not be included in the future (most likely it will), but it is a special case since it's completely avatar owned and a very small area. at first glance it would seem that it's not worth it, but I am aware not a lot of people agree.

I think, if it's included, the data for CND's various LA's will be made public if the LA owner pay a "fee". This is because there's not much secrecy about mining CND anyway and that some income is needed to keep the server running. People will still be able to log their mining runs, but their data will most likely be public.

As you can hopefully understand now, there are reasons that I have to think long and hard about how this is implemented.

Please note that Rocktropia will be included as soon as possible. The map is ready and now it's really only a matter of figuring out how best implement it. It's not as easy as it may sound.

Again, CND will have to wait for now.

Best regards.

I understand your point that you do not want to add a button at the current state.

But you have to consider the problem.
As you can see in this image only the top right part of rocktropia is visible
http://images.mmorpg.com/images/newsImages/152010/rocktropia1x.jpg

I am a embedded software developer and i know what it means to make a false decision at the beginning of a project and drop most of the code at the end.

I understand your point that you do not want to add a button at the current state.

But you have to consider the problem.
As you can see in this image only the top right part of rocktropia is visible
http://images.mmorpg.com/images/newsImages/152010/rocktropia1x.jpg

I am a embedded software developer and i know what it means to make a false decision at the beginning of a project and drop most of the code at the end.

Interesting, I hadn't seen that screenshot before.

As I said before, the decision whether or not to include CND has nothing, or at least very little to do with overlapping coordinates.

At such time it's necesary for the user to be able to chose a destination, it will be very easy to implement, so at this time I don't worry too much about it.

A small bump to keep this on top and provide a few news.

We're almost done with rewriting the whole thing in a more sensible way, which by the way, won't require the java environment to be installed.

At first it will only have the basic functionality you already know, but soon after this release you'll start to see more feature.

We've changed platform to .NET which allows us to easier listen to keyevents and thus enabling the implementation of some of the features you've been requesting. Be aware though that rome wasn't build in one day ;)

In any case, you should look forwart to the new release as it works much much better, requires much less memory and processing power and so forth. Where, as before, it could take several second to log a claim, it's now done in a blink of an eye and in general it just works better..

This also means that now is the time to let me know which features you want most of all so I can prioritise. Any good (or bad) ideas are welcome.

Please note that this hasn't been released just yet, so no need to rush to the site to download. I'll be sure to let you know when it's ready. Hopefully we're talking just a few days.

Best regards.

New beta is out and ready for testing!

This is the last step before new features can be implemented. It has been ported to a more suitable platform, which has been rather difficult, which is why it has been so long since the last release.

The new version will, for now, work exactly as the old one, except that the hotkey is F12 instead of printscreen.
Sorry hurry up and download the new version, which will include both the old and new version plus a slightly improved database.

The new version is written in .net and thus is an .exe file instead of .jar.

Testing is needed to kill of the last bugs, so please do so and report anything unusual.

As already mentioned, the new version works exactly like the old one, except for the different hot key, but the design has improved, you receive a little more information about what is happening. The limitation is that at this point you can only mine calypso

Anyhow, best of luck. I'll look forward to the response.

* B U M P *

How's the testing coming? ;)

after i reinstalled Win7 today i cant seem to get it working in full screen anymore
i keep getting message "no pattern found" , i have tried different backgrounds
but that doesnt help.

i have Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed and turned off aero in win7
BTW in windowed mode it works fine.

Any idea why it doesnt work in full screen anymore?

after i reinstalled Win7 today i cant seem to get it working in full screen anymore
i keep getting message "no pattern found" , i have tried different backgrounds
but that doesnt help.

i have Java Runtime Environment (JRE) installed and turned off aero in win7
BTW in windowed mode it works fine.

Any idea why it doesnt work in full screen anymore?

Sorry, didn't see your post before now.

With the new client this shouldn't be an issue, also you don't need java to run it, however, if it still is an issue, you should turn of the Windows Aero interface.

And to everyone else, I'm still eager to heard about your experience with the new client. It's not practical to implement the last very asked for features vefore I know for sure that it's stable.

Best regards.

FYI there's some trouble with the map atm. Hope to have it fixed asap. Claim logging should still work.

the map should be up and running again.

Sorry for the delay.

Finally a long awaited update.

1. Rocktropia is open for business, or at least it should be. Since I can't test it out my self as I'm broke, I do hope that someone else will do so and report back any complications. Please provide screenshots if it doesn't work at all.

2. The list of resources has been updated with resources specific to Rocktropia but the icons will have to wait a bit, thus, assuming it works, you may mine rocktropia all you want, but for now it won't be shown on the online map. this should be fixed rather soon.

3. The old JAVA client has been removed. For now you can still use it, but soon you won't be able too and thus you should change to the new .NET client. I'll try to remember to change the guide, but remember that, with the new client, you need to press F12 instead of Print Screen, to log your claim.

4. It has come to my attention that language selection may course some problems if it isn't English. It's shouldn't be a problem, but apparently it is and therefore I urge you to compile a list, like the "mlog/resource/size.txt" but in your ingame language, should you find this important. You can then send the list to me and I'll make sure to put it up on the site as an alternative and also, I'll of course be forever grateful.

5. There may be some instability in the new client. If it stop responding, it should be enough to just stop and start it (no need to relaunch the application). Please do report any such experiences to me.

6. You may have experienced a certain "lag" of development. This is simply because I no longer have time. I am sorry, but for now this is how it has to be.

7. To all LA owners. I'm currently pondering some things which may come in handy for use in event's and such, a bit like the tracker. Should you have suggestions or questions or just want to make you LA available as testing ground, please do send me a line.

That's it for now, but as always, you're more than welcome to contact me with issues/question/suggestions and such, though I can't promise immediate action.

Best regards

Just a quick bump to make sure everyone get the update.

Back