New Profession Idea - Buffer

Phobia

Guardian
Society
Freeballin'
Julia Phobia Relic
This was semi-discussed in one of Rex's topics, but I feel like seperating it into it's own.

The idea is extremely common with almost all other MMORPGs, and it could expand PE a great deal.

A "Buffer" is a pure support class. It "casts" (hence why this is posted in the MindForce Section) support magic on other avatars, to increase resistances or stats of different types.

Here are some examples from the game Lineage II of what a buff class does, that could possibly be applied to PE:

Code:
Dryad Root	    Temporarily disables movement
Sleep                 Puts the targeted enemy to sleep for a short period
Might                 Temporarily increases attack power (damage potential)
Guidance            Temporarily increases Accuracy
Bless the Body     Temporarily increases maximum HP
Concentration      Lowers the chances of magic being canceled from damage
Regeneration       Temporarily increases HP recovery speed
Resurrection        Brings life to the dead, only for party members
Decrease Weight  Makes body lighter
Wind Shackle       Slows the attack speed of your opponent

This is all speculation, just thought it could add alot more character to the game :)

UUmmmm...KK ......wtf......REP!!!! :D

WAIT! * rubs eyes!* AAAAhhh ok!!! I see what yer sayin!

That would work! :wise:

There are people right now, they FAP u while u hunt. Something about Calypso Medical Institute.

i think this is a very goood idea, something that PE has definately a need for, BUT it must also be possible to not use them.

hp boosts would be nice for the ubers that go into 42 ped beacon F.E, but also nice for an mid level player against goki guard.

O O O, and one more thing: skill slower. (must be very cheap) stops increasing skill for a period of time or makes it very slow for longer time. very usable for sweaters, and if only 50 pec and then being able to get lets say 500 bottles more sweat price would go down a bit, but becouse of more sweted, noobs would still gain more. becouse of sweat price down, costs of MF would go down, and that woould be used more too

If MA were to implement something like this, then sweat limits would have to be unlocked, and about 20x more sweat would have to be gathered per succesful session.

I can't even begin to imagine how much profit this could bring to new players all the way up the chain ;)

i am against magic things. really dont like magic in RPG games (thats why my favourite was Fallout :) ) i like how that is made in PE with MindForce chips and i would like it to stay that way. in my opinion there is already enough things you can do with MF. (heal, TP, attack and bring back to life - what elso you need?)

I was only using the word magic because people usually have an easier time understanding it ;)

MindForce is one of the most useless things in the game right now, and the main reason is Sweat is too damned expensive.

If MA wants to add nifty little features to the game, I vote for something like this, rather than a poker table (which is cool, but not as usefull) :laugh:

ReCharger said:
(thats why my favourite was Fallout :) )
omg :eek:
Fallout rules :) I was really addicted to it for some years ago. I am waiting for Fallout 3. Thank god that Elder Scrolls Makers will do it. :)

Phobia, i think MA discussed this once i don't remember where. They said that fruit and such items would give you boosts when eating them. Such as, eating a certain fruit would give you faster skill gain for an X amount of time. If only i remembered when they posted this... I know it was like a little over a year ago :D. But, essentially, they said fruit would give buffs...

I remember them saying something along those lines as well. However, what I'm talking about could bring an entirely new profession and skill set to PE.

Just like having a person run around and FAPing you, you could have someone skilled with "Enhancement MF" in your party, giving bonus effects that only the buffer would need to keep track of.

hooters said:
Phobia, i think MA discussed this once i don't remember where. They said that fruit and such items would give you boosts when eating them. Such as, eating a certain fruit would give you faster skill gain for an X amount of time. If only i remembered when they posted this... I know it was like a little over a year ago :D. But, essentially, they said fruit would give buffs...

yea i'm pretty sure it's inthe road map for food to do this sort of thing good for bringing it up again though i guess.

I realize this, but I'm not talking about consumable items! I'm talking about an avatar, who can use MindForce abilities to help you on a hunt!

Items simply do not cut it. I'm sure that MA will not add a profession and skills for fruit eaters :silly2:

Sounds like a good idea to me but i personaly would prefer it if the items were consumable. This would still open up a new career though, mabye something along the lines of a chemist.

Back