News: New Treasure Island Shares Update

I updated the NTI dividend tracker post.
it is a bit lower than CLD so "ceteris paribus" i expect it to be valued 9.75...10 PED for a yield that is so far similar to CLD at 3k
but people is strange...
let's see if Hype beats math... so far it worked at least for gears...
we will see... as per the fire sale i am really curious.
markets... fear... greed...boom... burst... RCE... love it

I updated the NTI dividend tracker post.
it is a bit lower than CLD so "ceteris paribus" i expect it to be valued 9.75...10 PED for a yield that is so far similar to CLD at 3k
but people is strange...
let's see if Hype beats math... so far it worked at least for gears...
we will see... as per the fire sale i am really curious.
markets... fear... greed...boom... burst... RCE... love it
CP are lower ROI than CLD too but they sell for 18 ped. ROI isn't the only driving factor with investment. Barrier to entry (18ped vs 3100ped) and future projections matter more. As we saw pretty similar payouts between to two, NTI will likely sell around this price aswell. I would even say slightly higher because of a higher chance of fixes and improvements in the coming VU, such as spawn density, teleporters etc which may improve things overall for the island. On the other hand... see what they do with Dasps :p.

I guess we will see in an hour (or 6)

At some point we should start an EU50 Index ;). ... year 2100?

My original expectation for NTI was, I believe, a bit over 1 pec a week and an initial market price of about 12 peds. I would have bought some at 10 if the sales had lasted until at least the evening, but 20 minutes caught me off guard...

For 2022 CP and TI had the same payout afaik ... So I see those shares at around 16-20 ped which is a nice bonus for anyone who profited from yet another fuckup from MA to sell the lot in 22 minutes ... Good day all :)

someone is soaking up the 13 ped sells, seen more than 4000 go at that level (unless people are delisting - if you can do that!)

Edit: When the US wakes up all those that missed out at launch may well drive the price up higher.

someone is soaking up the 13 ped sells, seen more than 4000 go at that level (unless people are delisting - if you can do that!)

Edit: When the US wakes up all those that missed out at launch may well drive the price up higher.
People buying cheap as potential for huge profit in a short time when the price stabilises much higher which it inevitably will.

They seem to have settled at the 14-15 mark for now, profitable for those who invested initially if they can sell at this price. Curious to see where they'll go from here, it seems to me that most big buyers have already made their purchase, so if they decide to resell, who's gonna buy all of that?

They seem to have settled at the 14-15 mark for now, profitable for those who invested initially if they can sell at this price. Curious to see where they'll go from here, it seems to me that most big buyers have already made their purchase, so if they decide to resell, who's gonna buy all of that?
Wouldn't just be resellers. If I had more disposable income I would of bought more personally at 13ped just to add to my portfolio.

Alot can change in 3 months.. A drastic change in financial priorities probably fuelled the panic sales that we just saw.

But why need to sell anyway they bring a nice income
well, if you sell them for 15+ ped and buy CLD's instead, you will have an even nicer income.

If you do the calculation, at current payout, CLDs are much better.
If you compare to CP deeds, they are worth it.

Pick one from above, your pick probably depends on if you're buying or selling.

Sellers will talk the deeds up
Buyers will talk the deeds down

Following that logic.. NTI deeds suck, they should be 5 ped!!

And when you are tired making pecs sell them all and start serious hunting/crafting/mining profession.
I doubt you could make a meaningful bankroll from selling your shares if you were only making pecs off these

I doubt you could make a meaningful bankroll from selling your shares if you were only making pecs off these
I am talking about passive income (main reason ppl should buy them) not about reselling.

And when you are tired making pecs sell them all and start serious hunting/crafting/mining profession.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Good joke!

Hmmm...I thought CLD's made ped, not pecs.
Maybe you're a bit confused?

Or you just felt like trolling again?
Because the point was fairly simple. CLD's have a better ROI than the TI deeds.
You were aware this was a thread about deeds, right? Not a hunting thread. maybe you got a bit lost on the forum?

Besides, what on earth is wrong with passive income?
Why should I spend 18 hours per day to make the same money I make on just owning the deeds?
Maybe, just maybe, if Entropia became exciting again, I might start shooting again.
But for now I can't even be arsed to log in. Just the thought about spending 1 hour per day bores the shit out of me.
I'd rather spend my time building my house and spending it with the wife and kids.

For now, I just let the peds flow in and expand my deeds.
And yeah to bad I was not able to buy TI deeds at 10 ped because I would have gladly resold them for 20 ped, just like I did with the CP deeds (which I also converted into CLD's).

But each his own I guess.

I don't mean anyone specific using the expression "the calculation", but what calculation exactly are people doing? It seems to me that CLDs have been dropping back by 20 or so pecs per week recently to around 3 peds, and cost approx. 3k peds.
Compared to the baseline of 10 peds per NTI share that requires 1 pec per week payout. 12 peds requires 1.2pecs, 14 peds requires 1.4 peds. It could quite easily be that NTI gets a 'rollover' week every 3 weeks or so from 1pec up to 2pecs, so I'd think the ballpark was pretty similar.

Perhaps someone can confirm the buying and selling costs accrued for NTI shares, as I believe the share system puts costs on both buyers and sellers, not just the special AH rate on CLD sellers. That might indeed make CLDs held for say 1 year more favourable, but another factor could be guesses on market prices in a year's time, based on developments to the lands themselves of Caly and NTI.

The CLD, CP and NTI are not Bonds, but participation shares with no voting right.
That means that you enjoy dividends and risk the principal as a preferred shareholder.
there is NO Guarantee of the principal so calling it an "Investment" being subject to a TOS
and not to a regulatory authority is a bit misleading.

Anyway i back Messi idea. best investment is AMMO (or Probes)

If you look at passive income all products have SAME default risk (servers shutdown)
so it is just the istant expected yield the driver.
If you compute the Deposit Tax needed to purchase the various things, the Yield falls much
as per the Shares, Katis is correct, there is factored inside an "Expectation" for principal appraisal.

I admit i was wrong, supposed that the NTI shares would pay 0.005 per week, or 3.5%
i am happy for all the ppl that has now a "Soft profit", as i said i purchased 1 to monitor the
payments for the forum, atm i got a 3.1x Ped gain, can shot for 20 seconds (without amp) :)

The CLD, CP and NTI are not Bonds, but participation shares with no voting right.
That means that you enjoy dividends and risk the principal as a preferred shareholder.
there is NO Guarantee of the principal so calling it an "Investment" being subject to a TOS
and not to a regulatory authority is a bit misleading.

Anyway i back Messi idea. best investment is AMMO (or Probes)

If you look at passive income all products have SAME default risk (servers shutdown)
so it is just the istant expected yield the driver.
If you compute the Deposit Tax needed to purchase the various things, the Yield falls much
as per the Shares, Katis is correct, there is factored inside an "Expectation" for principal appraisal.

I admit i was wrong, supposed that the NTI shares would pay 0.005 per week, or 3.5%
i am happy for all the ppl that has now a "Soft profit", as i said i purchased 1 to monitor the
payments for the forum, atm i got a 3.1x Ped gain, can shot for 20 seconds (without amp) :)

So, best investment is AMMO?
And you just gonna throw the ammo with your bare hands?
Or you need to buy a weapon to do so?
In that case the weapon has the same "issues" as the deeds as the weapon price is mostly based on MU just like deeds.

Also, deeds have a "guaranteed" return as where ammo has a guaranteed loss. The loss is only compensated with selling loot with MU.
So, income from ammo is highly conditional which, let's be honest, for 95% of the player base is actually a loss.
So far, no deed holder is experiencing a loss.

So, how on earth could you advice ammo above deeds in regards to income if you're adressing the entire p[layerbase (and not that 1% ubers who actually profit)???

Back