FYI: Newbie group hunt, 20:00 MA-time

Fawkes

Old
Edward Fawkes Blake
EDIT: Updated, new group 5/12 20:00!
I'm updating this thread with new dates all the time and bumping the post, so subscribe today! ;)

What?
A group hunt with 12 people using Opalo/CB5's. No skill requirement. We hunt what the group majority wants, usually: Ambulimax, Allophyl or Atrox.

Where?
We meet at: Amethera, Nea's place at Teleporter. 29353, 35527

When?
5 January, 20:00 Entropia Universe time
Show up a bit before to make sure you get a spot!

Why group hunt?
It's much more fun going after tougher mobs then grinding the punies. And even if you die there are other there to finish of the mob so you don't loose out on the loot. It's great fun, good skilling and it's economical!

Weapon requirements
Sollomate Opalo, or
Sollomate Kiwio MK.II, or
Isis CB5
No other weapons allowed!

Loot rules
Damage: Share Loot + Item value split
This means that stackable items are split according to how much damage one do. When (higher value) none stackable items are looted the value of the item is split equally between all team members. With the weapon requirement this will split the loot in the most fair way according to pec spent vs. loot gained.

Vehicle and heals
If you bring a vehicle that's greatly appreciated but not required. Those without will get a ride from those who have vehicles. Please pick up a Vivo T1 (healing tool) from the TT or a heal chip before joining, it will keeps us alive and looting.

Rules
1. No damage amplifiers, no damage enhancers

2. No aggroing or tagging mobs, the assigned tagger will pull all mobs

3. Help each other by healing the badly wounded

4. None stackable items are handed over to leader who distribute the value to all members.

I hope that many people show up but that this at least create some interest for new players to team hunt together.

Last edited:
MsCoach's hunts are very lucrative & fun indeed!
She organises it almost every day. So you don't need to organise it by yourself, cuz that's very diificult.

MsCoach's hunts are very lucrative & fun indeed!
She organises it almost every day. So you don't need to organise it by yourself, cuz that's very diificult.

We'll if she's there today we can merge the groups, it's just nice to get peoples attention. The more the merrier!

And as usual you don't allow weapon amplifiers... why exactly? Is it to keep everyones dps equal? That might be all well and good but not everyone has maxed an opalo. Which would make it "still" unfair.. and an unamped opalo is not "eco" it has a pretty low damage per pec, even the Kiwio II surpasses it unless it is amped, just my opinions.

Making things equal as possible is all fair and good but please don't impose on the way ppl want to play the game, that is against the EULA's terms atleast give them the choice to. Like you said loot is determined by how much damage you do. So it is still fair based on that until someone loots a high value item which could go to anyone.

Also using an amplifier can be more expensive to use at the owners choose, but using an amp is more eco then without one. Since I bought the amp one should be able to use it as often. I'll try to join you guys today regardless.

Last edited:
Is it to keep everyones dps equal?
Yes, it's to try and make the loot system to work as fair as possible. Of course it can never be EXACTLY fair each loot. But same DPS help, and if you haven't max Opalo use the Kiwi you'll get less dmg but great eco. If one person has a amplifier it means that person will always loot the most valuable stackable item.

There are probably different ways to do this, but this worked great every time I've group hunted.

Well personally I think an amp should be allowed only if all people are using it.... otherwise it's better to keep it without any amp..

here is the reason:

... say there is a player with an unmaxed Opalo and has no amp............another player has maxed out on opalo and using an amp.....in this case the diffrence will be huge......to mitigate the difference the best solution is to use no amp or all using amp..
........ just my 2pec

The other day I joined a team of opalo hunters and had fun....and wanted to join today.... but MM event won't allow me to log in ...so GL to you all

If one person has a amplifier it means that person will always loot the most valuable stackable item.
Ok then. But like you said that amplifier is giving the shooter more dps at the cost of more decay. It doesnt matter that he is getting the more stackables as you say, as the game doesnt take into account MU. Therefore though he is looting more stackables it is in proportion of his expenditure. It is like looting low tt hunter thighs and the person with the lowest dps looting it. Which is more valueable the high tt items or the one with the highest MU?

I'm just going to say I'll have to agree with Deth's comment. I'm not in disagreement of your rules. I just want to question them a bit :silly2:. Don't think of this as an attack, I just want ppl to think about these things in more detail. As this has been debated in my own society for a while.

Ok then. But like you said that amplifier is giving the shooter more dps at the cost of more decay. It doesnt matter that he is getting the more stackables as you say, as the game doesnt take into account MU. Therefore though he is looting more stackables it is in proportion of his expenditure. It is like looting low tt hunter thighs and the person with the lowest dps looting it. Which is more valueable the high tt items or the one with the highest MU?

I'm just going to say I'll have to agree with Deth's comment. I'm not in disagreement of your rules. I just want to question them a bit :silly2:. Don't think of this as an attack, I just want ppl to think about these things in more detail.

It becomes unfair to the low dps hunter when the team gets global on stackable items.................
On the other hand it become unfair to the higher dps player when the team gets global on items for split...

It becomes unfair to the low dps hunter when the team gets global on stackable items. On the other hand it become unfair to the higher dps player when the team gets global on items for split.
Yes you are right Dethy :).

There two groups forming now, so I guess we'll leave a bit ahead of schedule. I'll come back for latecomers as spots open up.

Bump! We're going again today, leaving in 30 mins! Be there - get HOF!

Back