Nginx real life experiences?

Pirx Danford

Elite
Society
Federation of Free Wanderers
Pirx Danford
Gday,

so just yesterday I learnt about the success story Nginx is having.
I looked into it and all the arguments to use it are quite compelling.

Well we have many nerds here in EU so maybe someone did the switch from Apache to Nginx already.

What I would like to know is if the transfer went as smooth as it seems it can be and if the hassle was worth it?

I am asking here in the forum because in the forums for the given webserver people already made up their mind, would be like going into a camp of two battling armies and asking if the other army might be better :laugh:

Cheers
Pirx

Gday,

so just yesterday I learnt about the success story Nginx is having.
I looked into it and all the arguments to use it are quite compelling.

Well we have many nerds here in EU so maybe someone did the switch from Apache to Nginx already.

What I would like to know is if the transfer went as smooth as it seems it can be and if the hassle was worth it?

I am asking here in the forum because in the forums for the given webserver people already made up their mind, would be like going into a camp of two battling armies and asking if the other army might be better :laugh:

Cheers
Pirx

:D i read whole text and found out i am not computer geek... Didnt understand one word you said. But yeah probably something good and smart!

:D i read whole text and found out i am not computer geek... Didnt understand one word you said. But yeah probably something good and smart!

LOL sorry about that!

Well for those that might wonder what I am talking about (and want to know):

The Apache Webserver is the software that most servers use that serve websites to you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_HTTP_Server

In the last years a strong contender arrived, this is Nginx.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nginx
(The German version I read is less written like an advertisement...)

What I want to know is if switching would be smart... maybe I am stupid for even asking :rolleyes:

Back