FYI: No Chipping Out Locked Skills

gix

Guardian
Society
Supremacy Reign
Gixxer broing Suzuki
There are quite a lot of posts here that state it IS possible to chip out "red" re-locked skills.

At the moment this is untrue.

I recently chipped out to the point where Combat Sense has become locked. I can no longer chip out Combat Sense.

Responses to my support case have consisted of the usual brush-off saying thanks for reporting this and there's no ETA to fix the bug.

I am mightily unimpressed :mad:

So much for a real cash economy! I can't chip out because I have numerous unlocked skills, all dependent on each other. It's virtually impossible to work out the order and proportion of chipping out so as not be left with a "rump" of re-locked skills I can't sell.

They've effectively made it impossible for us to chip out.

Hm, all posts about this subject ive read have stated it is not possible to chip out red skills. Must have missed the post stating it is. Must say its logic u cant chip em since they are unlocks. Check entropedia to see the order of the unlocks if u dont know em to see witch ones to chip out first.

Good luck :)

you use to be able to chip out "red skills", but that changed after VU 10 (or something like that).

And as to what order to chip out what...it's pretty simple really since you know at what level what skill is unlocked

I didn't know you ever could do that. So i wouldn't find the "bug" as i would have the precaution of chipping out the unlocked skills first.

They've effectively made it impossible for us to chip out.

i chipped out in the last months too... i lost a bit serendipity ( 4 K or something like that - not a big loss at <1000 %) but all other reds was close to zero before coming red

its not to difficult to manage it ...its just a simple lifo (last in first out ) :laugh:

It's virtually impossible to work out the order and proportion of chipping out so as not be left with a "rump" of re-locked skills I can't sell.

Entropedia is you're best friend :wise:

"last in first out" is indeed the only way now, albeit with a bit of adjustment as you go...

My main reason for posting was to counter the false information out there and help others to avoid my mistake (and of course to have little gripe which is always fun ;) )

Don't see how this is such a big problem really. As other ppl suggested - look it up at entropiawiki.com. It's not like you unlock a skill every other lvl you get in some proffession. Lets say you hit lvl 25 in some hit and dmg, and have Ranged / Melee dmg assesment unlocked some levels ago wich require a dmg skill at 18 - just chip all points in this skill out first, the you go a few levels down, and next skill you unlocked before this in combat might have been Marksman - chip all those out and do whatever you want afterwards.

Shouldn't take you 2 minutes to figure out wich skills you need to let go first tbh :scratch2:

Cheers

Back