Info: No Crypto For You? Can they reconsider their position? Did I inform MA about Crypto TOO SOON?

I would argue with the question: Why do you think BTC price is going up?

Ideally, I would like to depo with whatever cryptocurrency I like at the moment. Maybe, if PED was a cryptocurrency itself, I could get it at whatever rate was best in the real world marketplace. And, if items in game were NFT's themselves, then I could buy whatever item I want on some other other real world exchange. MA could make money from minting NFT's and pegging and repegging to whatever real world item or currency they want. Then as we play, the real value of the PEDs and items would eventually come out, MA could stop selecting their transparencies and we all live happy ever after.

Sort of like my dream that AI could be implemented to recognize when I'm typing or hotkeying. An avatar can dream right?

You have no idea what inflation is.

Bitcoin cannot inflate because it has a finite supply, simple as that.

The price oscillates upwards because incoming supply from miners has diminishing returns over time until the last bitcoin is mined in 2044. Increase in demand of bitcoin and decrease in supply is always what drives prices.

BUY BUY BUY never sell until u can use it to buy spaceships. Fiat doesn't scale and in comparison is a scam.

This is really beyond crazy. Okay, let's put all these concerns aside and assume that your favourite game now accepts Bitcoin. Why would you want to part with it at all when you expect it to continue skyrocketing? Are you literally starving, or is someone holding a gun to your head? Spend it on entertainment, seriously? Any business accepting them now is only hoping that you will transfer your future expectations to them. For trinkets, if that's what they offer.

The reason why almost all fiat currencies are kept intentionally on a track of slow, but permanent devaluation is to discourage reasonable people from keeping it out of circulation by saving too much for their future. It has two effects, stimulate the economy and make people dependent. The opposite is happening here now and they can't do anything about it at least for a little while. You guys should rejoice and wait the right moment to sell, like any player within this game knows to do with a fancy item. But here the same people are screaming for... what? Somebody help me understand umanz.

Come back to me on crypto when I can buy some eggs and bread with it . ;)
In my country you can buy all there is at https://www.bol.com/nl/ and https://www.zalando.nl/

Its not eggs and bread, but bol.com is the Dutch Amazon. You can buy everything else but food there. Zalando is a major clothes site in the Netherlands.
Both offer payment in crypto.

edit: At this food delivery site you can also pay with crypto: https://www.thuisbezorgd.nl/ So there's your eggs and bread.

here's a list of shops in the Netherlands where crypto is a normal means of payment:

GoodGameNutrition.nl
Kideo.store
KaartDirect.nl
Brouwpunt.nl
Berylmedia.nl
DeltaPhiDiving.nl
Fietsknecht.nl
BP Fragrance
Benefina
Prohairclinic.com
Thuisbezorgd.nl
Bol.com
CryptoRefills
Bitgild.com
Camperplaats Maascamp
de Boer Lederwaren en bijoux
Filmhuis Cavia
Matrassen.nl
Café STOUT
Snel.com
Toko Tjin
Breda Business Park
Catering Gennep
Prijsbuster.nl
Zambidado.nl
Rookplankje.nl
Tshirt4me.nl
Bordspellenstore.nl
Antrekk.nl
Mullvad VPN
Mobisun.com
Zalando.nl
Preciousbitmetals

Last edited:
Ethereum is going through a HUGE fundamental change with the EPI 1559 protocol. This change will make the Ethereum network scaleable and less energy intensive. It will make ETH deflationary.

Jesus: Bitcoin != cryptocurrencies

San: NM you don't need to know.

Crypto definitely has its issues - main concern is the energy consumption, which will be it's major problem in the time ahead, since it's connected to climate change policies ( And of course it's a real impact on the natural ecocsystem.) THere's also the problem of taxing (near) anonymous wallets/users, and what problems that brings to national states (although this problem already exist with Facebook, Google, Amazon etc). Dicatorships like China and others will never allow a system that release them of control of money flow and information, so we'll see legislation limiting defi. Conventional bank/central banks will fight it (just like Exxon, Shell etc. has been fighting IPCC) - the old guard don't give up power without a fight. But the technology forces its way ahead, it bows to no one, it's like the train in Snowpiercer. So we might as well see if it can be used to fix existing issues in finance and other areas (block chain can be used for multiple applications, just see what IBM, Maersk and others are using it for).

More on topic: Block chain gaming started small with cryptokittens, Gods Unchained followed, it picked up wind in 2020 and in 2021 we're seeing lot of new titles coming in. It's just a matter of time before it's possible to run a game like EU on block chain, with ingame currency, property and items tradeable on 3rd party exchanges. I'm playing a few block chain games, and everytime there's a sale, it's gone in 1 minute (cards, lands, tools, whatever ingame item they sell), and we're talking 50k - 150k USD per sale. Compare that by how much time MA needed to sell off the Ark Moon deeds.... I'm pretty sure that by the end of the year, someone's started on a project like EU on block chain technology, block chain gaming will be more mainstream, and it'll slowly leave EU in the dust (not that I hope it does, but it may very well happen).

Last edited:
The reason why almost all fiat currencies are kept intentionally on a track of slow, but permanent devaluation is to discourage reasonable people from keeping it out of circulation by saving too much for their future.

Yes that is working really well. Keep your plastic, I'll buy the future.

If protection from hyperinflation is the goal maybe Bitcoin is not the most stable alternative. BTC looks to be both volatile and subject to inflation. This screenshot is from today. How would PED be priced?

oR06vPS.png

No need for the transaction to be in BTC. There are many other strong and stable coins instead ...

I do not think any country would say I give a fuck about the income and power I have wiht my own currency and lets all do business with a crypto currencie we as a state have no power over it and no financial advantage.
They will create their own crypto currency tied to their FIAT currency and maybe even ban usage of others in their country f.x.

I do not think any country would say I give a fuck about the income and power I have wiht my own currency and lets all do business with a crypto currencie we as a state have no power over it and no financial advantage.
They will create their own crypto currency tied to their FIAT currency and maybe even ban usage of others in their country f.x.
That's what I've been trying to get across but you can't argue with someone on a mission. I sympathize with them and want the same thing but they have no clue what they're up against, and hence don't make contingency plans for the battles ahead. Or the worse case those don't happen at all.

In my country you can buy all there is at https://www.bol.com/nl/ and https://www.zalando.nl/

Its not eggs and bread, but bol.com is the Dutch Amazon. You can buy everything else but food there. Zalando is a major clothes site in the Netherlands.
Both offer payment in crypto.

ok so I put money into a bit coin wallet and from there I then pay the retailer ?
Why would I introduce a 3rd party into the transaction ?

Also not quite true about bol.com ( who I use all the time and pay effortlessly with iDeal. Why do I need to change my payment method ? )

How can bitcoin be " out of stock " ?

index.php

You people arguing against what I'm saying is as futile as me arguing for it. My entire point is not to prove crypto works or doesn't. My point is to give everyone a heads up to the developments in the world of crypto. I think it will be this year that crypto goes mainstream. Why would you argue against the inevitable?

personally I am not arguing for or against it , I just want to know more and you can help me do this by anwering my questions I put above ;)

Current cryptos have no future.

Managing and trading crypto consumes too much energy, at current state, it's bound to die. Meanwhile, trade away, make some profits!

Waiting for MA to start accepting quantum currencies!

At the moment I cannot find it, but I recently saw a electricity consumption comparison by sector. It was something like this:

gold mining: 2800%
banking: 900%
crypto: 100%

The current banking system is extremely power inefficient.
Many crypto's are not consuming as much power as BTC and Ethereum currently are.
In the near future Ethereum will stop consuming so much power when they transition to ETH2.0.
Many coins will follow that example.

Try sending 10.000 usd overseas, you will pay hundreds usd in fees. With most cryptos or cbdc's, you only pay a few pennies.
Soon crypto and cbdc's (central bank digital currencies) combined will replace the antique, slow and expensive banking system.

ok so I put money into a bit coin wallet and from there I then pay the retailer ?
Why would I introduce a 3rd party into the transaction ?

Also not quite true about bol.com ( who I use all the time and pay effortlessly with iDeal. Why do I need to change my payment method ? )

How can bitcoin be " out of stock " ?

index.php

What must be the case here, is that bol.com no longer has any btc at that specific time.

It is not bitcoin itself worldwide that is out of stock, it is bol.com that has sold the btc they had in posession.

Ethereum is going through a HUGE fundamental change with the EPI 1559 protocol. This change will make the Ethereum network scaleable and less energy intensive. It will make ETH deflationary.

Try sending 10.000 usd overseas, you will pay hundreds usd in fees. With most cryptos or cbdc's, you only pay a few pennies.
Soon crypto and cbdc's (central bank digital currencies) combined will replace the antique, slow and expensive banking system.
[/QUOTE]

maybe by the time he can change it to cash the next day you could have 20k or maybe 5k if bitcoin only have a certain amount and every one get it the price is away going to go up only benifite the poeple that got in at the lower of the piramid scam its never going to work the goverment will always get there taxs they only way you can get away if you dont own anything

At the moment I cannot find it, but I recently saw a electricity consumption comparison by sector. It was something like this:

gold mining: 2800%
banking: 900%
crypto: 100%

The current banking system is extremely power inefficient.
Many crypto's are not consuming as much power as BTC and Ethereum currently are.
In the near future Ethereum will stop consuming so much power when they transition to ETH2.0.
Many coins will follow that example.

Very valid points. If we could leave gold out (USD and other currencies left the gold standard a long time ago), let the Saudis and rappers dabble with their gold chains and leave 'em alone, we'd cut massive environmental damage. Gold mining is a really toxic industry. And yes, when crypto is bigger and some coins fairly stable (I imagine each nation having its own really), we could relieve ourself of the 3rd party banking system, saving that power consumption for more efficient crypto (which will come). Banks are only good for making transactions more expensive anyway.

maybe by the time he can change it to cash the next day you could have 20k or maybe 5k if bitcoin only have a certain amount and every one get it the price is away going to go up only benifite the poeple that got in at the lower of the piramid scam its never going to work the goverment will always get there taxs they only way you can get away if you dont own anything
[/QUOTE]

You should probably do some more research, specifically about stable coins.

the goverment will always get there taxs they only way you can get away if you dont own anything

Umm...Google and Facebook, among other multinational corporations, have dodged HUGE tax bills for years (at least outside of US). Same goes for a plethora of free-loading rich people stuffing their money in tax free "paradise", paying lawyers for "tax planning", another word for fraud. With crypto we can have transparency - if we want to - preventing these criminals from doing so.

Above example is paying with nano for steak in a new york restaurant. You only need two phones with the nano natrium app installed. This means you could buy goods digitally from any food stall in any country, even if they don't have digital card readers/cash register, No conversion fees, speed of payment is instant. Nano is not a mined coin, so the electricity footprint is low as well.
A planetwide coin with no fees and almost instant transaction speeds.. why not.

Last edited:
You have no idea what inflation is.

Bitcoin cannot inflate because it has a finite supply, simple as that.

The price oscillates upwards because incoming supply from miners has diminishing returns over time until the last bitcoin is mined in 2044. Increase in demand of bitcoin and decrease in supply is always what drives prices.

BUY BUY BUY never sell until u can use it to buy spaceships. Fiat doesn't scale and in comparison is a scam.
i am guessing you have a PhD in Economics with a minor in Believing in the Hype.

I'm actually a software dev but don't specifically work with blockchain tech.

I'm pretty sure Linus Torvalds is the creator of Bitcoin.

Go have a look at some of his other smaller projects (Linux, Git)

You don't need hype or luck or whatever when you have a fundementally solid concept and flawless execution.

This article just appeared, couldn't put it in better words.

https://www.zerohedge.com/crypto/here-comes-bitcoins-big-test-empire-strikes-back

While you are free to ignore all this, MA isn't. All existing gripes with the creators of our little VR home aside, this is something they know and many out here don't. Accepting payment in any of these assets means having to make contingency plans for their failure or ending by force majeure. This is called risk management and a big thing for any business, the more so for anyone with at least half a foot in the financial world. Proper risk management is more expensive than most people realize who never worked with it, and the costs will have to come out of your ped returns one way or another. The amount of new forum threads opened in the same vein doesn't change the facts one bit.

I actually think BTC is setting up for the biggest crash imaginable. And it's all designed by the evil empire to make BTC look risky and bad, just like they made it look like only criminals use it for drugs and guns on the "dark web". I am thinking of selling my .004 BTC right now because of this. I got zero faith in the USD atm and ZERO faith in the MSM. If they say buy bitcoin and ignore gold, it's time to buy gold, imo. BTC was never supposed to be a store of value.

But, Bitcoin aside again; it's the technology!! The other two technologies too, DeFi and NFT's. It really looks to me like ALL of MA's problems are being solved one by one unbeknownst to the developers doing it. MA just has to reach out and take the golden geese; it's a gaggle ffs.

I actually think BTC is setting up for the biggest crash imaginable. And it's all designed by the evil empire to make BTC look risky and bad, just like they made it look like only criminals use it for drugs and guns on the "dark web". I am thinking of selling my .004 BTC right now because of this. I got zero faith in the USD atm and ZERO faith in the MSM. If they say buy bitcoin and ignore gold, it's time to buy gold, imo. BTC was never supposed to be a store of value.

But, Bitcoin aside again; it's the technology!! The other two technologies too, DeFi and NFT's. It really looks to me like ALL of MA's problems are being solved one by one unbeknownst to the developers doing it. MA just has to reach out and take the golden geese; it's a gaggle ffs.

Ofcourse BTC will crash. If history repeats itself and it will, it will crash, it is meant to crash, anyone smart investing in crypto already knows this, and you can even predict when it crashes. The end of a bullrun is always 1.5 years after the halving. So the crypto market will collapse between August and October.
It is not a bubble, it is not a balloon, it is how bitcoin behaves and always has behaved. here is an example of how bitcoin always behaves the same.

Ofcourse governments want to put a halt to bitcoin, but now that major companies stake big in bitcoin and altcoins, it will be harder and harder to pull the plug, because it will also put a huge dent in economic growth. That's why Yellen only Yells. When Yellen yells, bitcoin gets a small dent, and then recovers within a few days. Then Musk yells and bitcoin goes up slightly. All of this is just a ripple in the water that is the evergrowing pond of Bitcoin.

Last edited:
Back