Non-Depositing Noob Progress & Discoveries as he attempts to make a living on Calypso.

mining is a bit dodgy at the moment loot wise, also if you did want to try id say start with F-101 then work up, or another similar (L) one. And Arkadia would be my suggestion of a planet to mine.

But as you have decided mining sucks then heres some suggestions:

>get a herb box &/or a SI Heart fap and offer fap service for decay to get skills (and tips) at not cost/risk
>there are some schemes to get free ped where you sign up for some websites, crowd sourced stuff..
>sweat loads, refine it with nexus and sell if the traders are offering bad prices
>hunt at least half the time otherwise you will get sick of trading and maybe quit
>u might be able to get MU for loot you hunt on Cyrene and RT, but can be hard to sell fast
>do the SSI at ola42

thats it! gl!

If mining continues to be horrible with a rookie finder (3 claims out of 50 drops), there's a good chance he simply hasn't figured out how to mine effectively; by upgrading to a 'standard' finder, he would simply be losing PEDs faster. Instead, I would keep using the rookie, and find a good mentor to help learn how to mine effectively.
The SI HEART is a great non-combat fap, but only if you have the skill to use it. For a new player, the SI HEART has less than a 30% efficiency, because it maxes at an unusually high level (L 15.2) for a TT fap . I would use the herb box starting out. The medkit from Hunt the Thing TT has great eco if you're on RT, but it's (L).

I agree with Bard, that is terrible wow 3 out of 50? I mean on average mining like 2 high mu ores, my returns are about 60-65% maybe more w/ my hof. That is amped mining 2 high mu ores. I don't know what you are doing but something seriously sounds wrong.

I wanted to try it out & I couldn't afford non-rookie mining on a non-deposit week old avatar...?

Haha RT has ores/enmats with unique names & puns, & it sounds nice. But to me mining = boring & the dumps, now. Sorry, 1st impressions are what matters...lol.

Cool gl profiting in this game by sweating and hunting random mobs. This game takes serious effort to profit in, I dislike how people seem to be living in some dream world where MA pays you to play.

If mining continues to be horrible with a rookie finder (3 claims out of 50 drops), there's a good chance he simply hasn't figured out how to mine effectively; by upgrading to a 'standard' finder, he would simply be losing PEDs faster. Instead, I would keep using the rookie, and find a good mentor to help learn how to mine effectively.
The SI HEART is a great non-combat fap, but only if you have the skill to use it. For a new player, the SI HEART has less than a 30% efficiency, because it maxes at an unusually high level (L 15.2) for a TT fap . I would use the herb box starting out. The medkit from Hunt the Thing TT has great eco if you're on RT, but it's (L).

I agree with Bard, that is terrible wow 3 out of 50? I mean on average mining like 2 high mu ores, my returns are about 60-65% maybe more w/ my hof. That is amped mining 2 high mu ores. I don't know what you are doing but something seriously sounds wrong.

What's wrong? I drop probes every 105 meters about, I move 200 meters if 2 no resources found, I don't double drop..? BTW this was north of port atlantis around the coast but like I started mining @ about where the coast was parallel to north swamp camp. So it wasn't near PA or anything....

Must of just been horrid luck? Thought PA area would have shallow easy to dig up ores for newbies to find?

Must of just been horrid luck? Thought PA area would have shallow easy to dig up ores for newbies to find?

Not necessarily . Most probable is that the area you are trying to mine is so busy that its basically bombed out.
You need to find your own spots to mine , keep a log of what your finding where.
All this takes a lot of drops. Im not talking 100 drops here. While you are dropping probes you also get skills which enable you to use better finders and gain depth.
It isnt a 5 minute job , it takes quite a while to gain the skills , the most important skill being knowledge.

yep, sorry ur absolutely right on both counts. Tho is the thing still there? I heard it was going soon

I really appreciate that you did this thread updating players about your experiences. It is extremely informative. Sorry you are becoming very frustrated with mining. I learned a lot from this thread. Very impressive. Keep at it. I almost gave up a couple of times because I had the wrong goals, but I realized that the game isn't about profiting from it. It's about having a good time. Once I acknowledged that it became something I enjoyed spending time doing.

Back