noob crafting question

gabrielstone

Hello just got a quick couple questions.

Is it the blueprint QR rating that affects the success rate or skill level?

Also what level do you think I need to be before I move on to tier 2 BP and at what level am i more likley to start getting globals in crafting?

Short answer to the first question is - both.

Globals are fairly random, and can happen to even low level crafters.

As to when to move to the next level, IIRC (I'm away from my reference material) this becomes minimally doable at level 2.5 in the appropriate profession. Look at the info page to check. You need to be several levels above this to 'max' the BP. It all depends on what you think is an acceptable success rate.

I my case if I *really* need something I'll accept a lower success rate and suffer the loss.

I actually disagree, based on my limited crafting experience : the higher QR seems to equal a higher TT (average)value assuming there is a success. Not any more successfully just more eco in the long run.

When to move to the higher BP level depends on type of BP ,( limited(easier) is very different from unlimited BPs).
If you are crafting just for skills then you as well stick to a low level , moving up generally means more TT value of material per attempt and more risk. Pointless risking it the crafted does have a stable MU.

As for Globalling , in my experience don't even try to get (foolish approach) , when it happens it happens !

Unlimited bps for unlimited items = maxed through skills or QR

Unlimited bps for limited items = maxed at QR 92ish and appropiate proffessional level

Limited bps = maxed with skills

Rgds

Ace

TT return on a success is not affected by skills or qr
No. of successes depends on success rate
move on when you max bps for that level, or can max it quickly through qr
globals are irrelevant

Simple answer:
All BPs have a max success.
What brings success rate up?
- QR
- Your skill level(in some cases your skill level can only get you that far and after that you need QR)

Generally SIB(skill increase bonus) and limited BPs have 95% success rate maximum
Unlimited BPs tend to have a max success rate of 90%

Back