News: Notice

Status
Fuck that shit! You are NOT a political organization and should have NO political views or stance!! This is a garbage move on your part!

No I think a people that can watch thier government do this, should not be able to participate in any activity with the rest of the world. How can anyone sit and play video games or worry about earning money, while these atrocities are being done in your name. How can the rest of the world allow it?

I have lived in Belgium and in The Netherlands.
There are SHIT things that happen there, government legislation that is bad for its inhabitants.
And there is NOTHING the population can do against it.
That's the same for many countries. Democracy or not.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Punish Putin yes. Punish the guys and gals playing video games that had the misfortune to be born in Russia?
Donate to the cause .. Yes... Don't let people make new accounts.. sure. But, freezing the ability to deposit or withdraw from someone who loyally has played this game? I don't know.

There are SHIT things that happen there, government legislation that is bad for its inhabitants.
Naomi, what you seem to be failing to recognize here is just how severe Russia's actions are and why such severe sanctions were imposed. This isn't something where one can just point to lesser examples of just "bad legislation" and compare it what's going on in Russia or what they are doing in Ukraine. Whataboutisms are not ok in this context, and that is something intelligence agencies have been specifically warning about in propaganda coming out of Russia. Again, plenty of reading on that if you want to learn more, but that is part of the reason why we're seeing effects of sanctions even here.

It's nice that you are donating to help Ukraine. Although this small amount won't really amount to much but it's the thought that counts. However imposing restrictions on your CURRENT loyal Russian players is the wrong move no matter what events are happening in the world right now. Your current players have nothing to do with it they just play the game like all the rest of us. You could/should block new Russian accounts but you should NOT punish your current loyal Russian player-base. It sends the wrong message, and sets a precedent that you'll have to follow in the future when new bad shit happens. WAR will always exist as long as there are humans around. It also makes you lose trust from (in this case your russian players) and that is not a good business strategy longterm.

But, freezing the ability to deposit or withdraw from someone who loyally has played this game? I don't know.
It's mentioned a bit throughout the thread, but it's basically something MA has to do because of existing sanctions, not a real choice on their part. In most countries nowadays, it's near impossible to have financial transactions with someone based in Russia regardless of which company you are, and you don't want to be stepping into any remaining gray areas.

Technically, even P2P trades with a Russian account theoretically could land someone in legal trouble (more clearly if it had been a deposit after the sanctions at least), so I do see this more as a protective action both for the game and the remaining players.

It's nice that you are donating to help Ukraine. Although this small amount won't really amount to much but it's the thought that counts. However imposing restrictions on your CURRENT loyal Russian players is the wrong move no matter what events are happening in the world right now. Your current players have nothing to do with it they just play the game like all the rest of us. You could/should block new Russian accounts but you should NOT punish your current loyal Russian player-base. It sends the wrong message, and sets a precedent that you'll have to follow in the future when new bad shit happens. WAR will always exist as long as there are humans around. It also makes you lose trust from (in this case your russian players) and that is not a good business strategy longterm.
this sums it up best, the already existing SWIFT sanctions will be doing 50% what MA have announced anyway. MA would have been better to confirm that they are following the international guidance regarding Russian financial transactions.

Really? There is nothing you can do in Netherlands and Belgium to challenge the legislation? Oh, come on...

Great job MA! Yes, it was me personally who allowed Putin to attack Ukraine, I do not hide it, punish me, why should the rest of the Russian players suffer?:LOL:
nakonec to zaiki doprigalis, pozdravlaju

you cannot have it both ways. a strategy of imposing fear and then to eexpect same audience to like russians, one has got to give

Notice​

Like many of you, I m is saddened and angered by the unjustified and unlawful sanctions to Russian players.

Therefore i will limit PED wasting activity untill all this ended.

Have a nice day

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Punish Putin yes. Punish the guys and gals playing video games that had the misfortune to be born in Russia?
Donate to the cause .. Yes... Don't let people make new accounts.. sure. But, freezing the ability to deposit or withdraw from someone who loyally has played this game? I don't know.
all international payment provider stopped support for russia. So anyway a russian person cannot deposit or withdrawl atm, even paypal is disabled. So Its just an announcment , dosnt make any difference in fact :=)

This is the first time I can truly say. Great job MA!! without rolling my eyes about something about the statement. As someone who is personally affected by these heinous actions taken by Vladimir Putler against a country of free people. A country I grew up in and where the majority of my family still lives, currently spending most of their nights hiding in basements attempting to survive random Russian bombings on Civilian areas.

We really need the Russian people to grow some balls and overthrow the dictator that is killing thousands of innocent civilians as well as ruining the lives of 140 million Russians now and for generations to come.

Do it for yourselves and your kids Russian people, since the West wont. Wake the fuck up!

Last edited:
After this decision many players may be reconsidering their investment and moving them closer to home. You never know how things may escalate and what others countries allied to Russia may be sanctioned by the West (China, India, Pakistan, Belarus etc).

Alongside rampant inflation, disposable income may be an a minimum in the future, the potential for an ingame recession is very clear. Banning players from Russia, and potentially allied countries is not going to do the game's economy much good.

all international payment provider stopped support for russia. So anyway a russian person cannot deposit or withdrawl atm, even paypal is disabled. So Its just an announcment , dosnt make any difference in fact :=)

True, and that is where it will hurt for many players: In there 'Notice', MA sided with Ukrain, and took a stance against players from Russia.
It would have been more just to say that they are unable to do transfers with russian accounts due to international money regulations, that's totally different from choosing sides in a conflict where we most likely don't know the details from.

It has happened many times before, that many years after a conflict, new information/data surfaces which puts things into new perspectives.
Does WMD's ring a bell?

So far, only a selection of Russian banks has been blocked from access to the SWIFT messaging system by the European Union. To which extent this affects individual members of this game I don't know but that there isn't any way of transferring money anymore is untrue.

It has happened many times before, that many years after a conflict, new information/data surfaces which puts things into new perspectives.
More often, those things are already known, just not "officially recognized" (a crime in and of itself, IMHO)

However, let's get down to the part that matters:

Do you have any other ideas on how the people of the world (not just governments, but private businesses and private citizens of their own volition) can help to peacefully stop the attack Russia started?

Seriously, if you have a viable action plan, I'll help you spread the word using all the power I can muster.

yes though in case of russia (and others) it has been "war winners writing the history"
not sure where many of you are getting your news, but what russians are performing in Ukraine cannot be described other than a series of war crimes, covered by lies of russia controlled media (which sadly covers much of the right wing in Europe too)

More often, those things are already known, just not "officially recognized" (a crime in and of itself, IMHO)

However, let's get down to the part that matters:

Do you have any other ideas on how the people of the world (not just governments, but private businesses and private citizens of their own volition) can help to peacefully stop the attack Russia started?

Seriously, if you have a viable action plan, I'll help you spread the word using all the power I can muster.

The best way is to say to Ukraine to give up.... honestly. Maybe sound harsh, but In the long run they will not have a chance to win against russia. So when they reach the point it clear they will be military defeated the world should say "Let's end this and give up". It's no point to go on fighting and get more of their contry destroyed and more civilans killed if they will loose anyway. In that case better to end the figthing and ask the russians "Now what?" and try to find some kind of agreement with the russians. Sending more weapons that will only pre-long the war is not the right way for the world the help, they will end up loosing anway.

The best way is to say to Ukraine to give up.... honestly. Maybe sound harsh, but In the long run they will not have a chance to win against russia. So when they reach the point it clear they will be military defeated the world should say "Let's end this and give up". It's no point to go on fighting and get more of their contry destroyed and more civilans killed if they will loose anyway. In that case better to end the figthing and ask the russians "Now what?" and try to find some kind of agreement with the russians. Sending more weapons that will only pre-long the war is not the right way for the world the help, they will end up loosing anway.
When they attack sweden oh well its a small sweden oh well.. let them have sweden.. why not as historicly in 1278 one russian guy did buy a house in stocholm and thats a legitimate reason why Sweden actualy was old russia historcily basicly made up reason to invade you guys.. and yeah whole county is overunn with nazis... if we dont defend democratic principles what else we have left to defend?

When they attack sweden oh well its a small sweden oh well.. let them have sweden.. why not as historicly in 1278 one russian guy did buy a house in stocholm and thats a legitimate reason why Sweden actualy was old russia historcily basicly made up reason to invade you guys.. and yeah whole county is overunn with nazis... if we dont defend democratic principles what else we have left to defend?
I mean, what's point to go on figthing if you know you will loose and no one will come and help you? It would be a difference if you know maybe Nato would come with help ("No fly zone" or troops).

And after giving up Russians can easly do genocide !!! Glory to Ukraine!!!

but what russians are performing in Ukraine cannot be described other than a series of war crimes, covered by lies of russia controlled media (which sadly covers much of the right wing in Europe too)
I'm unfortunately surprised by how much that's showing up in thread even. Things like What about . . .? or other false equivocation, "All" sides, or How dare someone (MA in this case) "side" with the people Russia's victims.

That kind of projecting is straight from Russia's propaganda playbook they've been using for Ukraine and really has no place in this forum. It's one thing if Russian players are bummed out they can't withdraw/depo for now, but the projecting I'm seeing here is only serves to re-victimize the Ukrainians we have in-game.

As has been said before, people are working really hard to criticize MA for Putin/Russia forcing their and the rest of the world's hands.

Status
Back