Question: OA-101 (L) crafting and globals

vardath

Provider
Society
Society of One
Vardath God Dreaming
I have noticed that the max tt value for the oa-101 (L) is 78ped, how is it that when someone gets a global for crafting one it's often a higher value? And, does it stay that value? All info is appreciated.

The value global message displays the total value of the loot for that "click", and that includes residue. So no, the amps don't come out with more then 78 ped TT.

Crafting on max condition. Still most of the amps will be less than those 78 peds (50-78 peds). If the global is more than 78 peds worth, its an amp with max tt value + residue.

Thanks, and +rep to you both. One more question though, is it possible to make a living as an oa-101 crafter?

Thanks, and +rep to you both. One more question though, is it possible to make a living as an oa-101 crafter?

Craft costs for them are rather high when comparing to what you get in return (the amps and residue). So, no, its not. Its just a widespread epidemic that started a few years ago and became an addiction for many (similar to a gambling problem in RL).

I'd suggest looking into crafting something that has demand...therefore nice markup to makeup for crafting failures....

Uhm. The answer unfortunately is in expensive tests.

What one must do is to use math first of all to calculate cost/click in markup terms. Then check out if markup of loot can cover or not the respective cost.

Also you'd need a budget of 30-40k for quantity crafting.

As an experienced oa-101 gambler (and not crafter) I can reinforce that it's not possible to make a living out of it. It's pretty much a consistent story for the vast majority of crafters and crafting BPs.. with 101s it's just a bit more obvious.

Some simple math on cost of clicking with a 90% TT return (since this is used by most as an average return) will show you that 101 clicking is a catastrophy. I had a couple of days where I was down 5k PED for that day.

Lots of players though including me are still clicking those for the risk/return/global & HOF frequency/possible ATH etc. Why not risk a bit if you can afford it :D

but if you can't afford the risk, stay away from them .. gl whatever you decide :)

I'd suggest looking into crafting something that has demand...therefore nice markup to makeup for crafting failures....

This comment is slightly misleading. 101s have very high demand. Most likely more than any other mining amplifier out there (pending confirmation since I am not at home). As a matter of fact they sell like warm muffins at the right price irrespectively of how many you list at auction. "Problem" on 101 MU is not the demand but the ample supply for those that keeps the MU low.

If there were not so many 101 crafters, 101s could sell easily for 110%.

If there were not so many 101 crafters, 101s could sell easily for 110%.

I doubt that.
Even if there were less on the market, there is still the problem of the usefullness.
OA101 is a "noob" amp, efficiency is rated with 2.5 and average return with it is not 10% higher.
Why should one pay 110% MU for it if you could get an OA104 for 110% MU?

because they don't want to risk 4+ PED / drop? for me amps are "just" mulitpliers (ofc i'd look at mu and compare) - but if i only had a 2-3k PED mining budget i'd go 101 and not ... 104 (which needs ~10k PED budget to be safe imho)

anyhow - this wasn't really adding something on the original topic ... umm .. dunno - what was the question?

oh yeah - max TT + residue OR garnets :)

S.

I doubt that.
Even if there were less on the market, there is still the problem of the usefullness.
OA101 is a "noob" amp, efficiency is rated with 2.5 and average return with it is not 10% higher.

Hi WoenK.. long time no talk :)

I have to admit that I do not understand the efficiency and 10% return for 101 so I apologize for my stupidity :D

I will have to disagree with you completely though on: a) 101 being a "noob" amp, b) why pay the 110% MU for 101 vs 104

Here is how it goes on 100 drops for both amps at 110% MU:

OA-104: Bombs TT 100 PED, amp TT 300 PED, amp MU 30 PED => MU as % of TT spent => 30 / (100+300) = 7.5%

OA-101: Bombs TT 100 PED, amp TT 50 PED, amp MU 5 PED => MU as % of TT spent => 5 / (100+50) = 3.3%

104 basically is way more expensive to use than 101 at the same MU. Given that ore sizes are linked directly to the TT value consumed by the amp, you get the following surprising numbers for a lot of people.

With an average 90% TT return on the long run, and a hypothetical consistent MU on your ores of 120%, one will always break even in mining by paying the following MUs.

OA-104: 110%
OA-101: 123%

exactly.. one that cares about % return, should be indifferent financially paying 123% MU on 101 vs 110% on 104. All of sudden the 110% that I mentioned for 101s doesn't look too bad, right? ;)

Furthermore, there are more reasons why use 101s: a) Some rare ores can be found regularly only with small amps, b) Lots of players don't have an endless budget to risk as it was already mentioned.

101 is anything but a noob amp basically. It's the single most profitable crafted L attachment in EU in my opinion.

Ofc people love to risk/gamble but that we knew already.. bigger guns, bigger mobs, bigger armor, bigger amps, me clicking 101s and so forth :D

u can get profit from crafting oa101 but u must craft a lot and at the begin u will lose....after that the profit will come

u can get profit from crafting oa101 but u must craft a lot and at the begin u will lose....after that the profit will come

ok i have almost almost 400 k peds of globals and HoF's on 101 craft, and seems that even with bigest 101 ath i wol not break even. So where that "begining"will end for me and how much mean "craft lot" ?

ok i have almost almost 400 k peds of globals and HoF's on 101 craft, and seems that even with bigest 101 ath i wol not break even. So where that "begining"will end for me and how much mean "craft lot" ?

Well, comment comes from someone who has never clicked them (at least from the avatar on EF) so what do you expect :)

But man.. 400k PEDs losses is a lot on them! I have lost my fair share ofc but after your post I all of sudden feel better :D

Well, comment comes from someone who has never clicked them (at least from the avatar on EF) so what do you expect :)

But man.. 400k PEDs losses is a lot on them! I have lost my fair share ofc but after your post I all of sudden feel better :D

Well expected to show that statement have nothing common with truth from someone who never clicked :). And as fro my records 400 K is globs and HoFs not pure loss wchich is something at 130 K now. Seems u are taking all "big ones" on 101 and AP craft, anyway i always miss it course of you. We are both gamblers after all - there are no other reasons to click them, at least not economical ones. gg :)

Well expected to show that statement have nothing common with truth from someone who never clicked :). And as fro my records 400 K is globs and HoFs not pure loss wchich is something at 130 K now. Seems u are taking all "big ones" on 101 and AP craft, anyway i always miss it course of you. We are both gamblers after all - there are no other reasons to click them, at least not economical ones. gg :)

oh, I misread your thread. 130k losses on 400k of globies is actually not too surprising, even though still on the high side for my stats.

I have some good days with 101s indeed but as expected it comes and goes. I don't really click the AP :laugh:

and yes.. it's pure gambling. :yay:

Back