oh boy...space vehicles for vets and rich

Think I'll just quote what I wrote to mmorpg.com:

Originally posted by Phry
the game is nothing less than a scam, and an expensive one at that, if your looking for the F2P game that gives all other F2P games a bad name, then look no further, this is your game!
Hehehe, this game creates a lot of hate. I think he refers to the pyramid scheme EU is suspected of. Yes, those who were in the beta period have a really unfair advantage. Then again, those ppl are starting to be very few (at least actively playing). Those who steadily get tax money from us presently are those who also invested a lot to this game, like Deathifier (26k USD), NEVERDIE (100k USD), Buzz (hmm 330k USD), and numerous others who payed like 30k USD for land areas. I can't play in that level, but calling that a scam is the same as calling our lovely capitalistic world a scam :)
Cheers!

Well...alot has been said both for and against the rich owning the ships. What I was trying to point out in OP is that they should do it like they did all the original equipment, that made the rich in game what they are (ofc not including the mega depositers). Make it a random drop on any mob any level.....and like some who looted the early shadow armor, will sell off their ships to those that do deposite large amounts. Maybe instead of paying some outrageous price in Auction for one, they could buy from the person looting it for a fair amount less.

Right now....people are making assumptions as to the cost of maint on motherships, as well as alot of other things.

I didnt mean for this to turn into a hate fest, I was just trying to voice my disappointment in how it was done....guess I chose my wording poorly. One thing for certain, the people really profiting from this will be SDS or whoever MA is saying they are right now. The rules have been set, no changing them now. The poor shink youngs have been decimated at the expense of the poor or noobish. And I imagine the finacially better off are dumping a ton of PEDs in as well for the chance to get the MEGA HoF.

I guess we'll just have to do like in real life...learn to be happy with what you have and can afford, instead of becomming too upset with what you see others are gaining. When all is said and done, we'll all be out our money when game eventually closes...and it will eventually close.

Well lets just hope that... it will close part is a long long time away...

i definitely hope this game will not close until 40 years or so have passed.. then its time for me to die and transfer the account to my kid ..and all the time put in has not been in vain

Make it a random drop on any mob any level.....and like some who looted the early shadow armor, will sell off their ships to those that do deposite large amounts. Maybe instead of paying some outrageous price in Auction for one, they could buy from the person looting it for a fair amount less.

This is going to go slightly off topic, but in doing it that way, any deposited money to buy these ships from players that looted them could then be withdrawn as soon as the sale is complete. This is a zero sum game for Mindark.

Mindark is in a hole right now. At the current pace, I feel the game doesn't stand a chance in the long term. I believe they absolutely need to get their Mindbank plans up and running for the future survival of this universe. The problem they currently face in implementing this is funding. By having sales like this, where items are purchased for large amounts directly from MA, they can get that funding, and not worry about having to pay that money out in a withdrawal.

Frankly, I think it's a smart decision on their part. It may not be popular with some of the players, but it needs to be done if we want the game to last.

Back