OLA41-E has a new owner

Suza

Provider
Suza Suze Rider
There seems to be some strong feelings about this LA, so as a new owner I figured I'd open things up for suggestions to see where they want to see it go. It currently has 3 Argonaut and 2 Neconu DNA and I've set the tax at 2.5% for now. I was going to set up an event, but the land marker location given in the event tab is wrong and I haven't been able to find it so far.

Let me know what you think between keeping both creatures, keeping one or the other or revert it back to a mining LA. I know this won't be a success without the players, so I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

If you are looking for input , I would question putting argo with neconu , as there are many argo areas tax free already , unless you are making a very dense area for grinders , though the neconu would be bothersome when grinding argo.

Most players wanted to keep it empty for mining. The previous owner was quick to sell it after initially bragging about 60 ped of daily revenue. I guess that wasn’t actually much to brag about with the fertiliser costs added in, or the income severely dropped off. I think if you can make similar money or better, you would have your answer. It will be interesting to do the experiment.
These are just my thoughts from the discussion we had on the forums with the previous owner, I am not a miner.

Also congrats with your purchase and best of luck

Id give a nudge for going mid-high Neconu all the way. Tetania's has been empty for ages, and unless there is some super secret spot for bigger Neconu.. you can't find them in any decent amount anywhere on caly.
Don't believe this is a "super secret spot for bigger Neconu" Your Mom`s Place LA64 has ongoing event every month, for some time now. It's posted on Forum daily and advertised on many billboards throughout Caly. Apophis island also has good density of Neconu OA - Stalker, also for many months, along with big gen Estophly and Mermoth on parts of the Island. There are several places to find both mob, but both being high argo, would be tough place to hunt especially if both were big gen.

sell the DNA, leave it empty for mining
make some "mining events"
with ped saved removing nhe need of fertilizer yuou can tune mining tax on events

Can't sell it, you have to destroy it to remove it

As a previous owner of that la (for over 2 yrs) I can tell you that mining portion of that LA generated 6-7k / yr passively, 0 fert, 0 advertising, no events.

If you can beat that with mobs after fert and events - keep them. Otherwise, just destroy it and dont look back.

Hope you havent overpaid for it.

Regards
I.

As a previous owner of that la (for over 2 yrs) I can tell you that mining portion of that LA generated 6-7k / yr passively, 0 fert, 0 advertising, no events.

If you can beat that with mobs after fert and events - keep them. Otherwise, just destroy it and dont look back.

Hope you havent overpaid for it.

Regards
I.
6-7k PED's or $?

Mining event would be interesting to see.

I’m assuming $ or what’s the point of buying one.
I doubt that revenue is 70k peds per year. If it is, thats really good investment since owner was selling it for like 160k or so. So less than 2,5 year and you got your's money.

Last edited:
I’m assuming $ or what’s the point of buying one.

Its PED ofc. 7k$ is ridiculous amount. I doubt many LAs generate that in revenue let alone profits.

And its ok passive return for anything under 120k PED and great return for under 100k if you manage to get it for that low. Do note that most of LAs generate much less then this if left alone.

Also note that with residual argo and neconu there - you can expect up to 10x less mining traffic...

I.

Last edited:
Its PED ofc. 7k$ is ridiculous amount. I doubt many LAs generate that in revenue let alone profits.

And its ok passive return for anything under 120k PED and great return for under 100k if you manage to get it for that low. Do note that most of LAs generate much less then this if left alone.

Also note that with residual argo and neconu there - you can expect up to 10x less mining traffic...

I.
I doubt anyone would mine there with argo high density because of their aggro,not to mention neconu..Would require more hunting just for 1 claim xD

In my opinion i never owned LA etc and never mined on that location.But if there is some ores&enm worth to be found or just decent Mu drops i would rather stick to the mining what doesnt cost u anything and invest a bit time on advertisment and focus on events and see how it goes...you can always switch and make it hunting area.
Just dont make your expectations to high otherwise u will lose motivation...

I doubt anyone would mine there with argo high density because of their aggro,not to mention neconu..Would require more hunting just for 1 claim xD

Agreed. Unfed neconu and argo are just not attractive to hunters and just enough to keep miners away.

That is the worst scenario.
But given the fact neconu dna costs around 10k each and argo dna is not free either. Its a big loss to chew if you paid for that installed dna.

I.

I.
not anymore

buy a teleporter to the land and go with high necuno, thats the only way to save this land
Teleporters cost 75k now, I think they used to be 50k. Either way, that’s a pretty good chunk to get ROI back on.

I agree though that the last owner really shot from the hip with ped to spend and messed up the LA. It’s kind of like when your property value decreases IRL because of a nuisance you added to your property. If I had been buying to have it as a mining LA, I would have made sure I was not paying for the DNA. If you’re buying a house with a problem like that, you usually take the cost to fix it off the sale price or at least don’t consider it an additional asset in the final price. I hope OP did the same.

Suza, my advice is to look at the fact you have one of the few LAs that has decent mining to attract potential miners, especially if you advertise that to miners who do not have better spots yet. I can say as a miner though that I tend to avoid areas with argonauts and especially neconu due to aggro.

Yes, LAs are more customizable on the hunting side, but what mob can you realistically get that will have better MU than the mining side of things? “Cheap” DNA like what’s there now are things that hunters can find elsewhere in good maturity and density. That’s not even factoring in fertilizer costs for you either.

So if you fix the LA up and make in mineable again, you can go the regular contest/prize route or just straight up advertise the average MU of the area. Mining LAs are rare, and many don’t give that ballpark stat, so that could really stand out in cheap advertisements at the ad terminal.

They really need a system for LA's were you can choose the locations of the DNA spawns inside your LA so you can separate different mobs into different areas in the LA and even have spots were there are no mobs for mining if you really wanted to. The current LA ownership system is outdated and flawed in this regard.

Never really understood why one would pay tax to hunt mobs which exist outside, I would delete DNA, set hunting tax to 0 and wait for all to be gone then do a few mining events to get people excited. Only heard of this LA as a mining LA and don't have a personal experience but. Also no idea what I'm talking about really but beat of luck to you!

Your LA's future is only mining unless you get some good DNA.

Events Expensive due to no permanent naming (I think) thus no way to track who did it on your la. Keep tax low enough so miners don't mind and that's it.

Your LA's future is only mining unless you get some good DNA.

Events Expensive due to no permanent naming (I think) thus no way to track who did it on your la. Keep tax low enough so miners don't mind and that's it.

That LA has permanent name "New Switzerland" which is shared between N, E and W. N and E have only argo. Meaning - if you leave only neconu on there - you can easily track globals in EL for without paid named global. Because all New Switzerland neconu will have to come from your LA.

But again: neconu = say goodbye to miners.

So - if you decire to keep anything - keep neconu. You can track globals for free and dont have mixed mob LA. I told you what to expect from mining only, 100% passive. You can try it out and decide. But note that ppl will eventually forget that this is a mining LA, so whatever you decide it has to be fast.

I.

The DNA is now removed yet the mobs keep respawning. This take a server reset to finish?

i am sure it was a hard decision but you wil not regret it. as i come Caly i am not a miner but i will come to decay 1k probes to celebrate!
Gl with mining zone

The DNA is now removed yet the mobs keep respawning. This take a server reset to finish?
I'm not entirely sure, but as I understood it, they will have to be killed and gradually they will disappear as the fertilizer and DNAs are gone. So maybe lower the tax on hunting and more will come to get rid of the mobs to make it easier to mine.

Maybe a land owner can chime in on how it works but that's my understanding.

I'm not entirely sure, but as I understood it, they will have to be killed and gradually they will disappear as the fertilizer and DNAs are gone. So maybe lower the tax on hunting and more will come to get rid of the mobs to make it easier to mine.

Maybe a land owner can chime in on how it works but that's my understanding.
I already set the tax at 1.5% for hunting as I expected there to be very little chance of any.

I already set the tax at 1.5% for hunting as I expected there to be very little chance of any.
Go at them with that Scorpion 😉I might swing by and try cleaning up a bit later if I remember to. Best of luck with your LA!

Also, I spent about 2 hours killing things and when I went back to where I started the spawn seemed as high as before. If the fertilizer needs to run out, a new DNA would need to be inserted as there no 'use' of it without any and there over 500 in the tank.

Back