OMG which one of us is he talking about???

Probably some teenager with no life experience thinking the world somehow owes him, but not grabbing the personal opportunities open to him or pushing hard for what they want, so they get bitter and twisted and throw abuse at anyone that will listen to somehow feed their own ego with self comfort because it's free....and free is easy.

Who cares about twitter anyway, the older you get the less you give a shit.

We got enough communication endlessly feeding us with useless dribble, time is best spent doing stuff you enjoy.

Social media is the modern devil, but so many people suck it up like an addiction, would you really walk into a bar listen to a ton of useless crap people are chatting about, and feel you need to but-in and comment or criticise, people have lost touch with real life and what really matters.

Not an EU player that's for sure, we got better things to do.

Rick

Probably some teenager with no life experience thinking the world somehow owes him, but not grabbing the personal opportunities open to him or pushing hard for what they want, so they get bitter and twisted and throw abuse at anyone that will listen to somehow feed their own ego with self comfort because it's free....and free is easy.

Who cares about twitter anyway, the older you get the less you give a shit.

We got enough communication endlessly feeding us with useless dribble, time is best spent doing stuff you enjoy.

Social media is the modern devil, but so many people suck it up like an addiction, would you really walk into a bar listen to a ton of useless crap people are chatting about, and feel you need to but-in and comment or criticise, people have lost touch with real life and what really matters.

Not an EU player that's for sure, we got better things to do.

Rick

Yeah I agree social media is worthless. Each time I read about how someone is "so tired after my workout...but drinking chai tea and reading the Secret" or "I hate Monday" or "it's raining!" or any other other useless drivel I tell myself that's it, quit, and punch them in the face, but somehow I keep looking at it. I do enjoy profound or funny things my friends post occasionally, or pics, but that's about all it's good for.

As far as forums go, there is value of course and people are more sensible, but the comment sections on pretty much any article on the internet are truly the most worthless, uniformed pile of ignorance I have ever seen.

Last edited:
Really, Some dude that posts maybe as much as "half a dozen" odd comments on a handful of media sites....He is fucking news? how is he not the Norm?

Did the author even look up the word troll?

But on a highly disturbing note, we are entering in the age where if you post things others don't like, you can become a spectacle in the media news? for what having thoughts that are different, or expressing them?

I say, Good day to you Mr internet troll number 98 (DaemonX ), you sir get your 5 minutes of fame. what every troll is looking for anyway right? Don't let those "fat fuck" celebrities hold you back!

Trolled!

For those that are unaware the Onion is a satirical newspaper. All articles are written with tongue in cheek and are more often then not entirely fictional. This is not actual news. :laugh:

HAHA! We don't even need to name names...just look for the ones who thought the article was serious and who got all butt-hurt that the article wasn't about them. j/k smurf

but yeah it is satire.

I figured there would be lots here who didn't know it, as this game is world-wide. Incidentally, the Onion started at the undergrad I went to in Wisconsin, and back when the internet was in its infancy, we would get free hard-copy's of it every week for years. I still don't know how they printed all those back then with very little ads.

I think Farmer Smurf just got pirated by The Onion.

:laugh:

:confused::eyecrazy::ahh::dunce:

:smoke:I really need to get out more

Eh, don't feel bad. You're not the only one. This is taken from the wiki:

The Onion taken seriously

Upon occasion, the straight-faced manner in which The Onion reports non-existent happenings has resulted in third parties mistakenly citing The Onion stories as real news.

In 1998, Fred Phelps posted The Onion article "'98 Homosexual-Recruitment Drive Nearing Goal" on his "God Hates Fags" website as "proof" that gay people were indeed actively trying to "recruit" others.[77]

On June 7, 2002, Reuters reported that the Beijing Evening News republished, in the international news page of its June 3 edition, translated portions of the article "Congress Threatens To Leave D.C. Unless New Capitol Is Built".[78] The story discusses the U.S. Congress's threats to leave Washington for Memphis, Tennessee; Charlotte, North Carolina; or even Toronto, Canada unless Washington, D.C. built them a new Capitol building with a retractable dome. The article is a parody of U.S. sports franchises' threats to leave their home city unless new stadiums are built for them.[79] Evening News initially stood by the story, demanding proof of its falsehood. It later retracted the article, responding that "some small American newspapers frequently fabricate offbeat news to trick people into noticing them with the aim of making money."[80]

In late March 2004, Deborah Norville of MSNBC presented as genuine an article titled "Study: 58 Percent Of U.S. Exercise Televised".[81][82]

In 2006, the Danish television station TV 2 posted a story on the gossip section of its website that took seriously The Onion article titled "Sean Penn Demands To Know What Asshole Took SeanPenn@gmail.com"[83][84]

An article on Harry Potter inciting children to practice witchcraft was the subject of a widely forwarded email which repeated the quotes attributed to children in the article.[85] Columnist Ellen Makkai and others who believe the Harry Potter books "recruit" children to Satanism have also been taken in by the article, using quotes from it to support their claims.[86]

In September 2009, two Bangladeshi newspapers, The Daily Manab Zamin and the New Nation, published stories translated from The Onion claiming Neil Armstrong had held a news conference claiming the moon landing was an elaborate hoax. Neither realized The Onion was not a genuine news site. Both of the newspapers apologized to their readers for not checking the story.[87]

In October 2009, the Russian news site Russia.ru repackaged clips from The Onion video piece "New Anti-Smoking Ad Warns Teens 'It's Gay to Smoke'" as legitimate news.[88]

In February 2010, among others the online newspapers Il Corriere della Sera (Italy)[89] and Adresseavisen (Norway)[90] repackaged clips from The Onion video piece "Denmark Introduces Harrowing New Tourism Ads Directed By Lars Von Trier" as legitimate news.

In June 2010, the soccer website Sofoot.com (France)[91] mistook for real news the article "Nation's Soccer Fan Becoming Insufferable",[92] picked up the story and translated it partially on their own website under the title "La solitude du supporter ricain" ("The Yankee supporter's loneliness").[93] The article even ends with a kind word for the fake fan, telling him to be brave and to hang on.

In November 2010, The Fox Nation website, a part of the Fox News network, presented as fact The Onion's article[94] about President Barack Obama writing a 75,000 word e-mail complaining about America as a genuine report.[95]

The blog Literally Unbelievable (started 2011) showcases posts from Facebook users who take various Onion articles seriously.[96]

In September 2011, United States Capitol Police investigated reports coming from The Onion's Twitter account claiming that US congressmen were holding twelve children hostage.[97]

On January 7, 2012, Lim Hwee Hwa, a Singaporean former MP, posted an article titled "Obama Openly Asks Nation Why On Earth He Would Want To Serve For Another Term" from The Onion on her Facebook page, with the comment "Increasingly challenging everywhere, whatever Obama's campaign strategy might be".[98]

On February 3, 2012, Congressman John Fleming (R-Louisiana) posted a link to an article on his Facebook page about an $8 billion "Abortionplex" opened by Planned Parenthood, with the status "More on Planned Parenthood, abortion by the wholesale."[99]

Iran's Fars News Agency copied almost word-for-word a September 24, 2012 Onion story, "Gallup Poll: Rural Whites Prefer Ahmadinejad to Obama" and reported it on September 28.[100][101] The Onion updated the original story with the note: "For more on this story: Please visit our Iranian subsidiary organization, Fars," linking to a screenshot of Fars's coverage of the story.[102] The version on the Fars website was removed later in the day.

On November 14, 2012, the Onion ran a story titled, "Kim Jong-Un Named The Onion's Sexiest Man Alive For 2012."[103] On November 27, 2012, the online version of the Chinese Communist Party newspaper The People's Daily ran a story on Kim Jong-Un, citing The Onion's parody. The People's Daily web site included a 55-page photo gallery with the article in tribute to the North Korean leader.[104][105]

My favorite is the russian one, cuz we all know what a-holes the russians are toward gay people.

I found the Chinese state-run paper citing the Onion as the most amusing one. That must have been one hell of a day at the office, bet lil' Kim showed up personally for that one.

Last edited:
Back