On OA-1 Mining Amps.

Silver di Avlo

Provider
Society
[UPC]
Silver di Avlo
From my blog (see the link in my siggy)

Mining Amps

So far the only effect is that it increases the output level by pushing up the category of size 1 level. So modest gets average, sizable gets large, small gets modest. And so on. This has at least been empirically shown up to the size of sizable. If it really rises the category even up at the higher levels is hard to prove. Lets say that Vast becomes Enourmous, that would pay for whatever decay you happened to have with it.

So hows the economy. From my trials i had the following results:

Bought a 78 ped - OA-1- ore amp. For 138 ped.
- Number of usages 153 max 156.(-3 for some reason)
- The cost per usage is then 0,90 Ped +1 Ped (bomb) =1,9 PED. (Max)

* On my trip to a pretty good field (its important to choose good market ores), I then used 153 bombs for a total cost of 290,7 PED.

My output TT-value from these 153 bombs became 277 PED.

But the market-value from selling my ores is: 450 PED. So thats a profit for 159,3 PED. And it will cover both my decay on tools, and buying a new amp.

Summing up Mining amp economy:

Costs at TT: 1.90 PED/drop
Earning at TT: 1.81 PED/drop
Market gains: 2.94 PED/drop

Seems like the increase gives a boost of to mining between 1.5-2 times more output than normal. Could be maybe skill related 2.5 as max?

Ergo: The price on the amp has to go down at least to about 110-120 PED, for it to be a good deal for a miner. Maybe even less, since I think that there will be trips that gives less than this. But a price around 100 Ped - then giving a price per use at 1.64 PED/drop, could be acceptable.

ps Edit: I finished the amp and corrected all the stats.

Last edited:
Does this happen on all finds or random finds? I ask because I used a ore amp and went mining and found mostly very poors and tiny finds

isn't it that you have poor mining skills? is it that now if we go mine we need some skills in geology and prospecting/surveving to find normal (smal < modest < ) depostis, not only tiny, very poor, poor ect?

Friend on IRC had 2 x tiny II ore finds with his amp on. That's good enough for me not to use it. I had 142 ped TT value ore off 50 ped bombs on a short run yesterday. I'm not too sure the XI finds I had would have been 3 x XII.

Oh and I tested an amp with just a few tries left (10.40 ped TT on amp). Happily I was given it at TT value, not with a market markup. Shopped 20 bombs and went to my fav lyst spot. Did indeed get VIII and VI, instead of the usual VI, but who knows.

More importantly, it quit working with three bombs left, out of the 20 few I'd shopped for the test. It has 1.90 TT value. So, when you shop an amp, know that 3-4 uses will have to be detracted from the price. In short: make your own amp or get it at an even lower value than what Di Avlo suggests up here.

:)

That means that taken together with the initial post, it might be well worth the buy if you find one at around 120%. Indeed, I agree. Will not happen. Take care!

I was just going to post similar observance about amps as Silver has. Yes it seems to bring finds up one level, and yes you better use it on known fields..lol. I paid a bit more for my amps, I just picked the lowest % with a hight tt value. I also agree the price needs to come down a bit for it to have an impact on us miners. The one thing that realy bothers me is the fact amps are broke before its empty, I think MA needs to work on that one.

One thing that would be nice is when you get a find, to show value with and without amp, kind of similar when you put an amp on weapon. It would boost the users reason to buy more amps. Also since deposits were so low before the VU, maybe were just getting what we used to..lol

Anyhow, I'm going try to keep using amps if the price is right. I'm starting to wonder if it would be wise to make good friends with those amp crafters..lol

Hey Buzz....Buddy....Pal...have I got a deal for you..lol

Von

Back