Suggestion: Option to remove constant weapon flashing

SoberPhil

Old Alpha
Society
Victory
Philippus SoberPhil Maximus
So I ran into a problem recently that forced me to stop hunting altogether: the constant flashing that is emitted by my lacerating chip is causing me trouble, one of my eyes decided that it's had enough of it...

I then looked into an option to turn it off but there's isn't one, I tried safe mode but it only makes things worse since the screen turns pitch black and the flashing becomes even worse. I wish there was an option to turn off this weapon usage effect for those who don't really like it.

Macro could work, won't have to look at that screen at all :sneaky: nah but seriously, that sucks, hope you'll find a solution and hope that eye sorts out.

Have you tried lowering the brightness on your monitor and/or activating Night Light on windows 10? I used to get dizzy a lot, did both of those things and now I almost never get it.

At first it's a bit weird because everything looks darker and has an orange hue, but in a few hours you don't notice it anymore and all the colors look normal.

Hope you can fix it.

I messed with the gamma some and that seems to of changed alot of MF effects. Not sure how bad it is for you. But brightness and gamma might be your only hope. =/. Sorry to hear Maximus

Well it's not too bad but I'm not going to wait till it gets worse since I gotta work as well. I would try melee but I really got into MF and had set myself a goal to unlock force merge at some point, I went past mf harmony already but then I just couldn't go on hunting anymore. And I don't use Win10 to try that. Maybe I'll play around with gamma sometime to see if it helps. I mean I can craft and mine just fine and been doing ok with that lately, just can't use MF because of the constant bright flashing.

In case you have not tried it, I'm told that setting only Particle Effects Quality to safe mode (while keeping other settings not in safe mode) should work best to mitigate this effect.

In case you have not tried it, I'm told that setting only Particle Effects Quality to safe mode (while keeping other settings not in safe mode) should work best to mitigate this effect.
Cool, I'll try that when I get the chance :handgun:

Back