Out of Game Help - Problems Playing

Sekai

Hatchling
Not sure if this is the right section for it or not, but here we go.

I'll start off by saying that my system is under the recommended requirements(For the RAM, I have 256, but it recommends 512), but so far, for other games that I have played, being under requirements isn't that big of an issue, just slows down the game, colors aren't as vibrant, movies might not play, but other than that, I've been able to play fine.

Everytime I open up the game, I can play for a lil while, but then all of a sudden, the game will decide to close itself, and take me back to the Entropia login. Can anyone help me with this? Is it because I don't meet the requirements? If so, is there anyway I can fix the requirements without having to get more RAM?

Other than the ram... what else shows up red in your client loader? If it is the sound (codec) stuff... try disabling sounds and see if that helps. If its video... your running a risk and I would get the recommended drivers.

Well your gonna have this happen since you dont have the requirments. Chek what carebear said about codecs and stuff but with that much ram. I would hit the options button on the Login Screen and turn the sound off and textrues down and even the interent connection low (even if you have super highspeed) It may keep you from Crashing To Desktop(CTD as most call it. it happens to everyone even with more then the requirments realy)

Well,for starters PE is a huge memory hog. I think even 512 MB isn't enough.

Try disabling anything you may have running in the background (MSN,AIM..etc)

Also, make note of where you generally CTD. If its near crowded cities or densely forrested regions just avoid those till ya get more ram.

Have no clue what your PCs specs are but generally more Ram means better gameplay.

It's a total memory hog and doesn't like to let it go either.

I noticed once when I had my split screen up and running, I was running Performance Monitor in the background. After 30 mins of play and with going through areas with lots of people, the memory usage would increase dramatically and at one point it hit somewhere in the region of 600-700meg.

However, as soon as you leave the really busy areas it doesn't like to let go.

Whether this has been improved in recent VU updates I don't know, but could well be your problem.

Memory isn't too expensive nowadays, so i would suggest at least a 512mb upgrade. :)

Thank you very much for all your help. My computer doesn't allow RAM upgrades for some really stupid reason =(, and I turned down all of the things, and it still fails. Also, my graphics drivers are up to date, but it still shows up as unknown. I would really like to play this game, and pay for it, but why did the game creators make it so hard to play on older computers =(

Back