Question: Pairing the right amp with weapon (ArMatrix)

Tumeroide
(If this question is asked before, my appologies. I could not find any (recent) thread about this)

Simple short question:
Is there a way to tell what amps can be used with a weapon?

Longer explaniation where the question comes from:
At the moment I'm shooting with a ArMatrix LP-25 and a ArMatrix LR-25. For both I want to use the ArMatrix L-Amplifier with the highest possible added damage. For the LP-25 that is a L-Amp 20, but for the LR-25 that is a L-Amp 23 (as far as I know). I'm almost at a point that I can switch to the LP-30 and LR-30, and I would like to know what max L-Amp I can use with them. The only way to tell for sure I know right know is to just buy them and try them. There must be a more efficient way of telling :ROFLMAO:

Just look at the item's lowest dmg. the biggest amp you can use is the minimum dmg.

For Example:
If a Weapon does 20-40 dmg. you can use an amp that does maximum 20 dmg. Anything over will be wasted.

Just look at the item's lowest dmg. the biggest amp you can use is the minimum dmg.

For Example:
If a Weapon does 20-40 dmg. you can use an amp that does maximum 20 dmg. Anything over will be wasted.

When I looked into weapon compare to check what amp goes best with the armatrix bc-85 I did find that using a gamma amp (min damage on gun is about 4 lower) I get a dpp of 3.068 compared to the alpha amp which is only 2.949.

does that mean somethimes its more eco to take a slightly higher amp?
most of the shots wont do the absolute minimum so they will still take the full benefit of the amp,
also tiering up the weapon and adding soem dmg enhancers will raise the base dmg.

the real question is why is the dpp higher and so its more eco to hunt with an amp that outlevels the gun?

When I looked into weapon compare to check what amp goes best with the armatrix bc-85 I did find that using a gamma amp (min damage on gun is about 4 lower) I get a dpp of 3.068 compared to the alpha amp which is only 2.949.

most of the shots wont do the absolute minimum so they will still take the full benefit of the amp,
also tiering up the weapon and adding soem dmg enhancers will raise the base dmg.

the real question is why is the dpp higher and so its more eco to hunt with an amp that outlevels the gun?
Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is as follows.
Even when the weapon does more than min damage, you still don’t get the extra damage from the amp.
Example: Weapon damage range is 20-40. You put on an amp that adds 25 damage.
Gun hits for 20, amp adds 20 damage (40 total).
Gun hits for 25, amp adds 20 damage (45 total).
Gun hits for 40, amp adds 20 damage (65 total).
You pay the full decay and ammo burn on the amp regardless. Thus the dpp is lower than if the amp was used on a higher damage, more appropriate weapon.

Even when the weapon does more than min damage, you still don’t get the extra damage from the amp.
You pay the full decay and ammo burn on the amp regardless. Thus the dpp is lower than if the amp was used on a higher damage, more appropriate weapon.
My understanding is that 25dmg amp on min 20 dmg weapon is you lose 5dmg and this is inefficient and you will suffer in loot. longer term. If you just burning off a left over amp for a few hours I think its not such a big issue and shouldn't show up in huge turnover.
In your last example I think you mean 60 total (addition error)

Hey Shamshe I don't think it works like that. Enhancers don't raise the base damage, they enhance damage. I guess a quick test is to fit the amp with enhancers already on and you should get the message that full effect won't be gained.

Interesting on the blp gun though that the dpp still goes up. I think its the significant amped increase on base outweighs the 4 lost. True test is if it works for you then who cares hey!

I always tought the amps would correlate with the dmg of each shot, thats what seemed most logical to me so in your example when the guns hits for 25 it was my understanding you dont loose anything from the amp.

also like I always thought adding dmg enh to an unamped gun would raise the base dmg of that gun and would allow for bigger amps to be added. It just seemed the most logical to me.

That being said I have hunted the majority of the time with unl weapon and same amp every time. THis is the first time actualy I am going for the L weapons and turns out it can be quite tricky to find the right amp for them. I have spend a lot of time comparing stuff on the wiki and some of my conclusions seem to contradict what most people say. eg. the next aliena

I still dont get how an amp that is 4 dmg over the lowest dmg of the gun would show up a higher dpp (by quite a lot) then and amp with less burn. but both the eff and dpp are higher. Note how the alpa and beta amps are the only one within the dmg interval of the gun yet they give the highest eff and dpp.

index.php

I mean if it works it works but I would like to know why?

Last edited:
No, it's only based on weapon minimum damage (not on each shot). Damage enhancers or critical hits cannot change that.

You get better eco with a bigger amp (even when you are over-amping) simply because the bigger amp is SO MUCH more eco than the small one:
Ever since loot 2.0 was introduced I don't think over-amping matters that much. Only in the sense that you are not utilizing the amp to it's full extent, but loot is decay based now and amp decay does not change when you over-amp.

I would still use the right amp for the weapon and not over-amp, honestly.

Last edited:
No, it's only based on weapon minimum damage (not on each shot). Damage enhancers or critical hits cannot change that.

You get better eco with a bigger amp (even when you are over-amping) simply because the bigger amp is SO MUCH more eco than the small one:
Ever since loot 2.0 was introduced I don't think over-amping matters that much. Only in the sense that you are not utilizing the amp to it's full extent, but loot is decay based now and amp decay does not change when you over-amp.

But, a Mayhem amp is all MU just about and not tt. So its lost MU really.

why is that?
If they are so much mroe eco even when overamping the dmg would be higher and loot would be better, and its more eco for a kill no?

the difference in mu is minmal last i checked, a beta amp or an alpha amp are about the same MU. Maybe this is only for BLP amps but they are way cheaper then the laser ones in general.

Well, nobody mentioned MU before in this thread so I didn't either.

But yeah, I would never use expensive (L) amps... ever.

Well, nobody mentioned MU before in this thread so I didn't either.

But yeah, I would never use expensive (L) amps... ever.
yeah that said i use them. I like the lifesteal. And despite losing on the MU the amp lasts for ages. I still think they pay for themselves despite the MU. Just that its not counted as decay obviously. They do however add efficiency and bring a lot of 50+ efficient guns to 60+. And efficiency equals more loot. So I think there is balance in these.

yeah that said i use them. I like the lifesteal. And despite losing on the MU the amp lasts for ages. I still think they pay for themselves despite the MU. Just that its not counted as decay obviously. They do however add efficiency and bring a lot of 50+ efficient guns to 60+. And efficiency equals more loot. So I think there is balance in these.

From what I've been able to find Efficiency is only a 7% difference in loot from 0 to 100. So raising efficiency by 10% gets you 0.7% more loot. If the MU on the amp raises your costs by less than 0.7% then the math works out that you'd get better returns but such low MU on the amp seems unlikely.

From what I've been able to find Efficiency is only a 7% difference in loot from 0 to 100. So raising efficiency by 10% gets you 0.7% more loot. If the MU on the amp raises your costs by less than 0.7% then the math works out that you'd get better returns but such low MU on the amp seems unlikely.

Yes you are very right. In many things are uses the% ratio for easy understanding. But this does not mean that 10% is equal to 0.7 here.
How did you find out that it is from 0 to 100 compared to the two types to find out which of the two is better?

All Mayhem Amps have same Ammo burn and decay. so in that case it pays to amp one up from waht the max your gun can use it

All Mayhem Amps have same Ammo burn and decay. so in that case it pays to amp one up from waht the max your gun can use it

Quite often Pooh Bear fans quoted in the forum.. The more.. the more..

But this is not the answer of the questions..

P.P.RpP.S:

All ArMatrix are calculated to 2.9... not to the crafter profit, which is normal for understanding/expected.
They are calculated to user profit.

There is no specific data on how efficiency works... so each answer is incorrect.

Last edited:
Quite often Pooh Bear fans quoted in the forum.. The more.. the more..

But this is not the answer of the questions..

P.P.RpP.S:

All ArMatrix are calculated to 2.9... not to the crafter profit, which is normal for understanding/expected.
They are calculated to user profit.

There is no specific data on how efficiency works... so each answer is incorrect.
What are you rambling about?

For Example:

Moreover, most of the things below are wrong.

How will you determine the DPP of ArMatrix as its price may be different every day.
Or the efficiency .. its use is not clear, but examples are given that it is a better than DPP...

And what do you sell, ArMatrix or Mayhem AMP?

Meckel & Loch ML-35

DPP by Mindark is 4.1645
Official links:

DPP by Entropia Wiki is 2.889

DPP or Efficiency... If anyone compares which of the two is better, let it be with official data.

We know the diapason of affect 0-7%.. but we don't know from where it start.
-0% Efficiency return only shrapnels.
-58% Efficiency do not return 58% Markup loot... It means 0.7 = 10% in the scale.. is false.

The calculator in Wiki is just for a theoretical calculations.

Practically, if I kill 1 mob with 25 successful strikes (no missed or critical shots).... at some point it may be more strikes or fewer(i.e. you can kill a mob with 20 or 30 shots). And this is not just for a few mobs, it is for time period. This depends entirely on the dynamic rate at the current period.

Therefore, any theoretical calculation should not be taken for granted.

Back