Help: PC Setup (Deal or No Deal)

Timbo Witters

Stalker
Society
Dutch Elite Squad
Mit Timbo Witters
Hey all,
I'm thinking of building myself a new pc with some more power.
I have old pc and will be able to use some old components of that pc like the HD's and the DVD Burner.
Rest of the stuff is a little bit old so will not use it. Maybe the motherboard is reusable but not sure because it has a 478 socket witch doesn't work with the new processors.
Any suggestions for a other setup are always welcome. Looking to keep it under the 500€ mark if possible. I went for a the Athlon CPU just because of the price. For the same price I'll get a Intel i3 witch is just a dual-core and the Althlon is 4-core.

Not sure about the case so if you know a good case for a good price don't be shy to post ;) I will put the pc together myselve to spare some money and otherwise I will need to buy componets that I don't need.

Here is a small setup I made:

Code:
CPUs Socket AM3
Athlon II X4 635 (4x 2900 MHz) € 109,90*

Motherboard Socket AM3
M4A77TD (AMD AMD 770) € 89,90*

Memory DDR3-1333
4 GB DDR3-1333 Kit (4096 MB) € 104,90*

Case Midi Tower
Three Hundred € 49,99*

Grafische kaarten ATI Radeon HD5000
EAH5570/DI (ATI Radeon HD5570) € 94,90*

PSU
Fatal1ty 550W (550 Watt) € 59,90*

Totaal: € 509,49*

So what do you think Deal or No Deal :D
(PS: I chose the comonents @ https://www.alternate.be witch is located in Belgium but other places are also good. Just inside to EU if possible to afoid any taxes by customs)

Last edited:
Personally I went with an i7 and an asus mother board but some prefer AMD because they are cheaper. I have a saphire 5770 and I love the board no matter what the I own uber gear say.. Test show two working together beat the 5900 series in most tests for less then half the price.

Id think about at leat an 800 watt supply as you may later want to add that second 5770 and will need the power even tho the 5770's are very effeciant in that regard.

As for the names of the other stuff its not english so I have no Idea who or what it is.

Thx will have a look for the better PSU.
Translated the dutch parts a bit :)

Back