PE Addict - Land Areas Sneak Peek

emptywalls

Dominant
Society
Disease of Machinery
Peter emptywalls Rabbit
OK so i spent the weekend slaving over a hot computer, and ive almost got the 'amethera land area' section done. i need some help identifying a couple of outback areas, and some other stuff.

http://pe-addict.com/mainsite/landareas

yes i realize that some tax prices may be wrong, dont worry about it. theres a whole user system built in, so land owners will be able to login and make detail changes themselves. thats still being debugged, and will be ready in a couple of days, before this section goes live. also i know a couple of tps are missing from land area thumbnails, ill fix those too.

im just looking for outback land area #s on a couple of the areas (11 total), and 'land grab area 16' has no soc owner? anyone have info about this? outback area owners would be good too, if you know them...

any help would be much appreciated, and ill rep anyone with the info i need. feedback and constructive criticism are welcome too, please let me know what you like and dont like.

Dash Smashing said:
effin great! GREAT!! maybe if you had the LAB#'s on the 'large' map and then start to signify outback places with letters? =)

also when going 'back' sometimes the map would stay at the 'halfsize' version (post-zooming in) a refresh fixed it though.

great input! yes i need to add #s to the map, good call.

the back issue... ok you need to switch to a better browser! thats IE... wait... hmm. IE will do that if you dont have width/height attributes in the image, but that one does... hmm... whats the problem?! guess ill sort that out at home... GOD I HATE IE!!!

BAHQ for the win :laugh:

Knuckles said:
BAHQ for the win :laugh:

damn, i have to agree... that is a sweet map... looks like i will have to shamelessly steal your ideas...

=P

Here is some more info from the BAHQ forums:

Mob list per Land Area and Shed Area
I have not included small mobs, only primary mobs

Land Areas --- Mob --- (Maturity) --- Owners

1. Thorifoid (all maturity) - Desert Rangers

2. Thorifoid (not maintained) - Warants

3. Falaxangius (not maintained) - cK

4. Thorio (not maintained) - CC

5. Falaxangius (young) - cK

6. Thorio (all maturity) - CC

7. Bristlehog, Fungoid (??) - CC

8. Bristlehog, Fungoid (not maintained) - DR

9. Trilomite, Cersumon, Atrax (young) - BAHQ

10. Oculus, Mermoth (young) - UnB

11. Cersumon (young) - Shaolin

12. Mermoth (medium) - Team LV

13. Thorifoid (Adept - small) - Ex Cons

14. Fungoid (??) - PAC

15. Thorifoid (Master - tough) - WT

16. Falaxangius (low) - NOT OWNED

17. Gradivore (medium) - Warants

18. Oculus, Kingfisher (young) - M2S

19. Gradivore, Allophyll (tough) - AD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shed Areas

Shed Areas --- Mob --- (Maturity) --- Owners

1. Equis (tough) - [DK] Gremlin

2. Atrox (medium) - cK Angel

3. Gradivore, Atrox, Caudagus (low) - Rajun Cajun

4. Atrax (tough) - Paris Dub Hilton

5. Longu (young) - [Shaolin] Akoz

6. Longu (tough) - [Shaolin] Akoz

7. Allophyll, Estophyll (low) - [GD] Einstein

8. Formidon (medium) - cK Rei

9. Estophyll, Diakba (tough) - [CA] Roulette

10. Atrox (young) - LFB Zhargoul

11. Argonauts (??) - NEVERDIE

12. Atrox (young) - Entropia Pioneers

13. Estophyll (young) - NEVERDIE

14. Estophyll, Exosaur (medium) - DR Analytic Thunder

15. Equis, Trilo (young) - Bas ??

16. NOT AVAILABLE

17. NOT AVAILABLE

18. NOT AVAILABLE

19. NOT AVAILABLE

20. NOT AVAILABLE

21. Atrox (medium) - NOT OWNED

22. Scaboreas (medium) - NOT OWNED

This information and the way it's presented on your site are just STELLAR.

Keep going!

Jove said:
Here is some more info from the BAHQ forums:

Mob list per Land Area and Shed Area
I have not included small mobs, only primary mobs

holy crap! thanks jove! excellent info...

and it looks like theres more competition, einstein is working on a land area map too... this community kicks ass, totally working to make PE a better place...

Jove said:
Here is an updated map I did for our soc. It has all the sheds and LAs. There is a post on our website with mob spawns etc. I was building something similar some time back but lost interest. http://amethera.bahq.net

Map
http://www.bahq.net/images/pe_amethera_75.jpg

Can I copy your idea? I think i could do it in flash, i don't have a picture of the whole of amethera. I could make it almost exacly like the one ingame but with your information/statistics.

I wanted to do it in flash but got pissed off with a key frame. I am a HTML person and not action script :(

There seems to be like 3 projects to get a map of Amethera going. It might be wise for the community to talk and possibly work together? Alot of skills and resources here worth pulling all together.

You can take my work. Its all public info. The map is there to be used but credits need to go to the dude who first made it.

I can also post the coords for all the Soc owned land markers if anyone is interested. Also my marker postions on the map are accurate for all land areas.

Ok, i think i can do it. The picture scrolling will probably be the hardest bit for me, I could do it exactly lik project entropia were you move a selector on smaller map to move the veiw on the bigger map or I could just make it a lot bigger, so the whole map shows up at once. I think i will do the latter.

Awsome site. I see there's at least a couple under development. May the best site win :D

PS: My outback shred 6 is not young ones. it's alpha -> stalker

God if i never see another map of amethera i will be so happy. i just noticed last night that im missing two teleporters still, so i have to go back and update all the thumbnails again... argh!!!

my land area section is almost ready for release, im going to finish testing the admin area so land owners can update their lands constantly, and keep the public interested. I know im excited about land areas now that i know what is where. i just hope people will work to keep their info updated... then the next landgrab is coming up, so land will be changing hands, and we get to do it all over again...

competition is good! its really awesome to see several different people interested in working on tools and stuff for the PE community. working together would obviously be the best idea, but that takes an extra bit of effort...

fyi ALL information on www.pe-addict.com is available to take and use as you see fit. use it on your own sites, print it out, send it to friends, use it in your own graphic designs... information wants to be free!

Very good site, and the map looks absoultly brilliant. i wish we could have a similair stlye map like that ingame where we could see landowner information and mobs to help us decide hunting locations.

+rep emptywalls (great idea, and with all these other people doing similiar ideas it can only mean more information for the community)

God dammit Jove,dont share all our nice info ;)

great idea, definatly a bookmark

Back