PE Exchange

Dwissa

Young
Society
WildD3amons Academy
Dwissa Dwiss Farana
After digging for a while i finally figured that the PE Exchange was once working - anyone knows what happened to it or if it will be reopened?

well there were some issues and it had to be closed, I don't have further details on this though... (those who had bought shares got double the value they bought them at for them)

But there are no details as to if it will ever open again :D

I would think when MA goes public it would have some use.

Always wondered why those that had shares in the system got double their peds back.

Was it kinda like....

New type of ammo in the TT or somesuch.
People bought 1k peds of ammo.
MA say the guns that use it dont work.
And as a sorry, MA refund people 2k peds.

Never got why they were recompensed twice what they bought.

Why not just their initial outlay??

Always wondered why those that had shares in the system got double their peds back.

Was it kinda like....

New type of ammo in the TT or somesuch.
People bought 1k peds of ammo.
MA say the guns that use it dont work.
And as a sorry, MA refund people 2k peds.

Never got why they were recompensed twice what they bought.

Why not just their initial outlay??

Well, i'm sure if someone out there would have put 500000 peds in the PE exchange, MA wouldn't have been crazy enough to double their money.

Only a select few had put money in the PE exchange and at that time, people didn't deposit big amounts of PEDs. Those were the days where 100 PEDs lasted you several months.

With that said, if i had put lets say 1000 PEDs in the exchange and my money didn't increase or decrease in value for nearly 6 months, i'd be pretty pissed. People expected this to work like a stock market and it worked more like a bank where you couldn't withdraw and gain no interest.

So, i think doubling the PEDs was fair compensation for having wasted peoples time and not answering people's support cases at all (remember, those were the days where support sucked real bad). Although 1.5 times the PEDs amount could have been just as fair.

I agree Hooters. I suppose we need figures of what was invested back then.

I guess in just piques my interest if someone did put in 1k peds, it stuffed up and they got back 2k peds and bought Shadow with the windfall, or any of the other stuff that was a tad bit cheaper back then :)

Would be just another "You started playing too late so you don't count" scenario :silly2:

I thought Mindark was a publicly traded company now.

Mindark Goes Public

Or was this another failed project?

I would think when MA goes public it would have some use.

PE Exchange was dead before I started, but it was my undertanding that they intended it to be for buying and selling shares of ingame companies, not real ones.

They had some pretty grand plans in the beginning...

Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for all your replies. From what i digged out you could trade in shares of the 2 companies producing ammo and probes i think - which is imho a fantastic idea. I would definitly speculate on the ups and downs on ammo and probes etc - it would make the universe a REAL economy again and not such a lottery infested world where people hunt for hofs and globals like trying to win with a lottery ticket.

I hope this will be reopened - could even imagine a system where the price of ammo would be dynamic like in a real economy - please MA - read this and get this done ;)

I would say once ma get factories working where people can produce useful items, such as other ammo etc, then you will it open again cause then you will be trading off the person name so get in quick when buzz buys a factory hahaha

Back