Question: Ped pool VS mobs

Shamshe

Dominant
Society
Mischief Knights
Shamshe Shamshe Shamadarak
So we all know you got to have a minimal ped pool in order to hunt certain mobs. (a bankroll of 1k peds isnt enough to go for desp stalkers e.g.).
However the exact amount for how many ped/mob is a mistery to me. Everyone, in the forum, soc and friends are saying different things.
Some say you need 1000 x cost/mob
others say mob hp x 1000
others go with 100 10k or 100k multipliers
others say it depends on the mobs lvl
others say it depends on who else is hunting the same mob (if an uber is huntign the same mob as you, you will always end negative)
others come up with even more ridiculous loot theories then the one mentioned above...

I ended up just going by my gut feeling (mainly doing armax, caperons with an average 10k pedpool). I also try not to go above 1k hp mobs and this seems to work fairly ok (97.11% retrun on 226 566,9 ped cycled)
It would be nice to have some sort of formula so I can keep myself to that.
Of course once in a while we all must have some fun and I take 1k off my card and go hunt in CP or do some prots.

thoughts?

Sham

This is actually a good question, one ive been pondering on myself lately. would love to have some one answer this one.:scratch:

If you go with the goal of getting to that HOF To even your average out, which is what my rule is, I go with at least 1.5x the maximum hof size of the mob as the bankroll....

doesn't guarantee you won't lose it all before hof'ing though :D

If you go with the goal of getting to that HOF

My main goal is not to HoF but to skill up, completing codex and challenges, as cheap as possible.
So I can do big mobs at a later stage with much better skills (evade, hp, looter) then the average hunter on that mob.

For beginner bettors, it's recommended that you keep the size of your bets consistent: Select a unit size somewhere between 1-5%. Conservative bettors should bet 1-2% of their bankroll per single bet. In contrast, more confident and aggressive bettors may consider betting 3% of their bankroll.

Risk of Ruin is key here, and that will depend on gear setups, skills, and mob choice...

for me, in general, i won't hunt anything i can't sustain 2000x the killcost in TT drawdown... so if i'm on 900hp mobs i need to have AT LEAST 6,000 ped/ammo to sustain drawdowns while building stacks of markup.

people hunting eomon with sub-10k bankroll are completely stupid.

Risk of Ruin - Bankroll Management

I personally go way more conservative than that. I stick to the mobs that I can kill at least 500 per run while being able to do at least 30 such runs without selling any loot. Besides the safety cushion it allows me to stay out of Calypso for weeks and bring all loot to Calypso for selling.

As Svarog mentions, I wrote this given the same asks back in loot 1.0 days.

This still has not changed. It is a principle. I would substitute the weight (I think it was .80) to its equivalent based on your weapon efficiency.

Back