Price Check Perf Gorgon set

Something like:

main-qimg-8f997a04fa195c422345f685ec679b46-lq

Being so rare, it's very difficult to put a price on it and it all depends on your patience and strategy.

Cost to make according to price of items (price may vary ofc, just to make an idea)
cug6jht.png

Does it worth compared to other options? To me, no. To other, it can worth 300k. There's a big struggle to gather all the parts also so it's just like always, just in post #2. Whatever someone is willing to pay for it. In these ranges... 150k - 300k :D

Being so rare, it's very difficult to put a price on it and it all depends on your patience and strategy.

Cost to make according to price of items (price may vary ofc, just to make an idea)
cug6jht.png

Does it worth compared to other options? To me, no. To other, it can worth 300k. There's a big struggle to gather all the parts also so it's just like always, just in post #2. Whatever someone is willing to pay for it. In these ranges... 150k - 300k :D
Nice info, thanks for clearing this out.

Material requirement isn't really a measure of value, only the stats of the armour should apply to value. Goes both ways of course, maybe the material requirement is low compared to stats offered. Anyone actually measured that balance?

For example MA could set it at a million fangs for the same stats, doesn't make it any more valuable. Comparing it to other priced items with similar or slightly less stats is probably the most sensible approach.

Material requirement isn't really a measure of value, only the stats of the armour should apply to value. Goes both ways of course, maybe the material requirement is low compared to stats offered. Anyone actually measured that balance?

For example MA could set it at a million fangs for the same stats, doesn't make it any more valuable. Comparing it to other priced items with similar or slightly less stats is probably the most sensible approach.
Ok so tell me what are the stats worth. what if you could buy this set from the TT ? its still worth exactly the same as if it was only 1 set in the game RIGHT?

Ok so tell me what are the stats worth. what if you could buy this set from the TT ? its still worth exactly the same as if it was only 1 set in the game RIGHT?

I'm simply suggesting a "method of valuation", since previous replies focused on materials to obtain the armour. I believe stats should be the main source of value rather than rarity or difficulty to obtain.

As I previously stated, it could well be the stats are far superior than the actual cost to obtain the armour, in which case the collector would be well rewarded on any sale.

If it's the other way around, then the seller may have difficulty justifying their price compared to similar offerings and prices.

All sounds rather sensible to me. If a seller wants to add additional value for rarity, then that's entirely up to them, although a buyer may then consider other options. Someone would be buying for protection right, so that's the main driver.

In this case, when there is no historical sales, basically, there's 3 different ways to value it that I think have some merit:

1. What would it cost you to obtain it yourself. The actual, real, hunting loss costs that would be incurred by the time you had a full set. You wouldn't factor in your time, just the PEDs "lost forever" on your journey to obtaining the set. The logic here is that those lost PEDs are now in the mu of the set.

2. Comparative market analysis. This method looks at what else is on the market and for how much and attempts to derive a value based on utility & performance side by side comparisson. Example: let's say there's a Sentinel set available for 80k. How much extra value would you assign for the additional 16 points of Impact on the Perf Gorgon, etc... The rationale here is that markets are always changing and one item can only be compared with another item that is also on the market at the same time. A shopper should have a look at all items on the market and make an analysis to figure out which one is the better deal.

3. The last method is figuring out what the item is worth to YOU, based on the use you will make of it, the returns or savings it will get you, etc... This often involves doing quite a bit of math but it's worth doing because of the 3 methods, it is the one that will inform your decision the most. Let's say you are using Limited Sentinel with an average mu of 130%. How many sets of Sentinel would you have to burn through before your Perf Gorgon paid for itself? Or maybe you are using Perseus at 140%... Doing this exercise fully will often tell you something like "I'll have to hunt with it 40 hours/week for 3 years before it has paid for itself". And then the item's re-sale value becomes pure profit.

Hope that helps.

Legends

- if a nub want to have such protection to hunt mid lvl mobs, i could say he is playing the wrong game
- high armors are for high skilled players
- if a high skilled player wants to hunt top mobs in this game he sets his math based on more than the armor
- seeing a DEFLECTED message from a top mob would not help anyone achieve something extra compared to a balanced setup that includes more than armor, like a better weapon and better defense skills
- having 3 defense protections at a high value from a total number of points compare to other armors will only limit the use of the armor
- dynamic and volatility are yet some terms ppl still don't understand and undervalue as a concept or fact
- some man love Popeye to much, but cant excuse women too
- this game offers so many options for all kind of scenarios and some players pay undervalued, right value or overvalued prices
- math is a good friend, never lies to you

cheers!
:tux:

cug6jht.png

Based on this, I can give a ballpark of where I would expect a set of Perf Gorgon to eventually sell for:

If I am not mistaken, Mod Gorgon has been fetching in the neighboorhood of 25k for the male set, that's a 25% premium to the actual cost of gathering what's needed. So if the same was to be applied to the Perfected set, than:

144k*1.25 = 180k

Really wouldn't surprise me if the first couple of sets went for prices in and around that range.

Wow on the bright side, now I understand why I can't get a full set of this armor!

Back