Pet Show

Tournament Spon

Guardian
Society
freelancer
Rick TheVictor Hypercharged
The Pet Show

hi everyone jim tournament sponsor johnson here you may have sen me around in PA or twin or over at phoenix trading like crazy and you may wonder why did that guy name himself tournament sponsor well for those of you who missed my new years dungaplooza fest at phoenix here is your chance to participate in Calypsos first Pet show! i am currently deciding the rest of the particulars but the mann mph killers and myself have decided that we need to do something to get people back into taming because pets are totally cool and underappreciated. more details to follow on the pet show and its location. send me a private message if you are interested in being a sponsor of the event and POST POST POST if you are interested in participating. their is going to be a panel of judges selected by me, i believe to make it fair it will be 4 other judges and myself, all from different societies and all well known players. thats as much as i have worked out up to this point more detrails to follow in upcoming days may the hof be with all of us!___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ PET SHOW UPDATE GMT- 6 828 PM FEBRUARY 1st ok everyone i see this has alot of interest and i have enjoyed all of your suggestions both in game and here on the forum but i believe those of you who have stated it best to wait until pets are vu'd might be right it would be to hard to judge a show especially if somoene copied someone elses routine, but a Race to tame a pet and get it to a cerain lvl may be another way to go. Their is still going to be a pet event i have decided to host a pet cannoball through pvp for those of you who havent seen the movie that means you race from start to finish no rules please post if you are interested in this event i cant wait til they vu taming so we can have a proper pet show on the 3rd i will post time and place for the pet cannonball their will be judges and moderators as i dont think this should be a contest of who has the uberest gear to get their pet from start to finish so low budget tamers have an equal shot at winning MAY THE HOF BE WITH YOU

Last edited:
Great Idea mate, but...

Wouldn't it be better to wait till more exotic beasts are available, in a few Taming VU's time? Just a thought mate.

Reason being is that everyone will turn up with stalkers and all have roughly the same ability, cos everyone who is into taming have all been hard at it.

But it is certainly a great idea. One of the stables (I can't remember which) has an arena inside it. The could be Ideal for the event.

the stable with the arean and animal pens is at 12000, 16000 (west of have)
but the place is overun with small mobs :S

AkiranBlade said:
Great Idea mate, but...

Wouldn't it be better to wait till more exotic beasts are available, in a few Taming VU's time? Just a thought mate.

Reason being is that everyone will turn up with stalkers and all have roughly the same ability, cos everyone who is into taming have all been hard at it.

I have to agree with this as you know I love my pets and I have one of each of the stalkers available......

I dont know how you plan to judge the comp..that is the hard one...

Unless you are going to have a most original name comp there is not much difference between the pets...

But you know I am proud of my pets...(even if my fave is the first little snable I ever tamed *slowpoke * ) you know if you can work it out I will be there to support it ;)

There is also an arena that is indoors at TI castle stables....as well as ithaca

If there is a contest, each competitor should have to parade 2 pets at same time to stop the lame 'Look what i bought' Brigade.

Twin would be a nice place to hold it, there are loads of Big Daikis just east of there so you could have some kind of race to bring back a daiki.

The Central hub at CND would also be a really cool place to hold an event under the stars, but i guess we need to wait for the stable update at CND first. Might also be good to wait for an update so we can have the pet animations back, otherwise it's going to be a somewhat dull affair.

Winston

yeah or wait till you can acctually do more with them.

you are rushing into this buddy.

Good luck with it.

101 said:
If there is a contest, each competitor should have to parade 2 pets at same time to stop the lame 'Look what i bought' Brigade.

Twin would be a nice place to hold it, there are loads of Big Daikis just east of there so you could have some kind of race to bring back a daikiba

Winston

Now that would be a good idea a taming race.......That would bring the highskilled tamers into play.....

You are going to need more than one section....The higher your skills the more cooperative your pet is .....

But remembering there are a lot of "low budget players" who are working on their taming skills who can not yet have two pets on working at the same time but they have worked very hard to tame and train the smaller pets that they have.....you need a section for them.......non taming avtars dont always own a whip therefor perhaps you need a rule that a whip must be carried ......thus showing that you are a tamer???

perhaps you could hold a taming race in different stables at different levels...

for those who can tame only smaller level pets....use the different stables for the different levels ....

would love to know your thoughts :wise:

hey good suggestions echo. im happy to see this is a hot thread now happy i peaked some interest. wellits about an hour into the next VU now and looks as if fruits had a lastmiute increase as well as nutrios hope its not in vain, as i said more details to come in the next few days taking all suggestions i had thought of the race to tame previously however it may be hard to ensure someone does not put there pet out there so i am currently brainstorming as to the exact categories to be judged, i was thinking of coming up with three seperate categories to be judged and the overall score of the three added up will determine the winner so no 1 type of pet owner has the distinct advantage over the others. will wait and see what the new vu brings ot the world of taming if anything and go from there keep posting suggestions and if your interested in participating don't hesitate to post a simple count me in as i am trying to gauge the size if the competition and based on 157 reads so far in only a couple days it looks promising for a goodevent. MAY THE HOF BE WITH YOU!!! ok then just read the vu list not very good for pet owners maybe next time. anyways just finishing the basic idea if the pet show and will have a venue and event plan complete in coming days. MAY THE HOF BE WITH YOU!!!

Last edited:
No changes to pets and taming in this VU unfortunately. :/

We could run some snables/ exars into whatever arena is chosen before the fun starts, then any players without high skills can prove their skillz in an initiation ritual involving whips and animals.

If i'm on calypso I'm happy to have a go with a trial run of any of the show stuff.

TBH i don't think owning pets is going to become very popular until they can actually do something, but that should reward those of us who have stuck with it at this early stage. Secretly i'm glad that nothing has been released in this version as my skills are about 1000 lvls short of where i want them.

Winston

101 said:
We could run some snables/ exars into whatever arena is chosen before the fun starts, then any players without high skills can prove their skillz in an initiation ritual involving whips and animals.

This won't work as they become 'trapped' when you take them inside stables

please direct posts regarding the pet cannonball to the new thread i have created called pet cannonball thank you. MAY THE HOF BE WITH YOU

Back