Petition to increase the number of sales slots in the auction.

Do you think it`s a good idea to have an increased number of sales slots in auction?

• Yes, it would be great to have 50-60 slots or even more.

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • No, 30 or even less is fine.

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • I don`t care, I don`t sell / buy anything in the auction.

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Count0

Alpha
Society
ROUA
Don Roberto Roberto
After some searching on the forum, it seems that the problem has been raised, but without a real discussion of the needs and benefits, and without a poll to show the players opinion. So I will try to bring it up again.
Dear MA,
Could you please consider increasing the number of slots for sales in the auction from 30 (as it is now) to at least 50-60?
Reasons for this:
1. Crafting has become more interesting, more practical and more useful than 10-15 years ago, there are needs for more and more diverse looted materials, looted components and mined ores (needed in crafting) that can be covered by a hunter or a miner.
2. The participants have a more diverse game-play than 10-15 years ago, we see much less a pure miner or a pure crafter or a pure hunter, most people do 2 or even 3 of the main professions. Consequently, the need for slots to allow the sale of as much as possible has increased.
3. Crafters can make more products, more varied, more useful than 10-15 years ago. They also need more sales slots.
Please consider upgrading this sale system to modern needs, I think it would be a win-win situation.
As you can see, increasing the number of sales slots in the auction would benefit all the active players (miners, hunters and crafters) and also MA (directly, through auction fees but also indirectly, massively, because it would increase players cash-flow / liquidity and consequently players turnover).

As I said earlier, I will also include a poll.
Please keep the thread clean, it is meant to be a constructive suggestion.
Any feedback from MA would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

i am also a former player of WOW. it would be great to assure a "best execution" deal for buyers that is... i just put inside HOW MANY items i need
and the acution engine tell me what is average price
and remove useless 50 pec auciton fee but put it as a percent value of sale volume and i mean 1/1000th or ot 1/5000th of transcation value
that would help small starting player to put items for sale at "match best offer" so they sell in queue also their small amounts
allow competition for lowest sale price
help crafter not ahve oversupply of items to match all requirements
and avoid commissions for unsold garbage
all in all.. a real auction

I believe this feature should be implemented via premium account. Like 5-30 bucks a month. It should provide more slots and probably some extra skill gain. and/or some other nice to haves features people ready to pay.

I dont care about slots, but would be nice to have portable AH like portable tt we have.

to be honest as hunter 30 its enough , well better said as Caly hunter :D but if u hunt a bit craft and drop few bombs the 30 slots will be 24/7 full (thats my case)

Tread very carefully here.

More auction slots would be great but tying it to any sort of paid upgrade would create an unfair economic advantage for some. Auction slots should be accessible to anyone and everyone regardless of their in game status.

The parallel which I draw is similar to Stongboxes and the keys only being available in the Webshop. Yes, they are craftable or were for a short period of time. The most favourable way to introduce an upgrade like this would be to have auction slots follow the same path where you need to complete a mission or craft a blueprint to access the upgrade.

Personally, I like the idea of the auction being mobile and would like to see it become Universal.

The simple solution I see here is to get rid of the Planet/Area filter. Create another column for items called Location where it shows the Planet/Area. Have only one auction, The Universal Auction and move all 30 slots which are separated by planet/areas right now into the one Universal section resulting in ~300 slots?

When asked if you want delivery, you would pay the transport costs and it would create a deed for said item which is placed on auction itself and has a 10 minute(?) auction timer that can be bid on or bought for a buyout at 1/10th (bid) and 1/2th (buyout) the transport costs. Once the deed auction winner has the deed, they transport the deed to you and you can then claim the item from the universal auction. The transporter would be then paid the full amount the item winner paid for transport costs. The Transport Deeds would have a expiration timer, similar to Mining Deeds, which would need to be delivered in that timeframe. If they are not delivered, they return to auction for bids/buyout. If the transporter is killed in PVP, the deed is looted by their killer, X minutes are added to the expiration timer and their killer has the opportunity to make delivery and collect the transport costs paid. You could still fly to the planet yourself and pick up the item you won or pay an ultra premium for instant delivery like we have now.

I don't see the transport portion of this being implemented until UE5 but the change to auction keeping the current delivery model in place is something that could easily be accomplished at this present time.

Tread very carefully here.

More auction slots would be great but tying it to any sort of paid upgrade would create an unfair economic advantage for some. Auction slots should be accessible to anyone and everyone regardless of their in game status.

The parallel which I draw is similar to Stongboxes and the keys only being available in the Webshop. Yes, they are craftable or were for a short period of time. The most favourable way to introduce an upgrade like this would be to have auction slots follow the same path where you need to complete a mission or craft a blueprint to access the upgrade.

Personally, I like the idea of the auction being mobile and would like to see it become Universal.

The simple solution I see here is to get rid of the Planet/Area filter. Create another column for items called Location where it shows the Planet/Area. Have only one auction, The Universal Auction and move all 30 slots which are separated by planet/areas right now into the one Universal section resulting in ~300 slots?

When asked if you want delivery, you would pay the transport costs and it would create a deed for said item which is placed on auction itself and has a 10 minute(?) auction timer that can be bid on or bought for a buyout at 1/10th (bid) and 1/2th (buyout) the transport costs. Once the deed auction winner has the deed, they transport the deed to you and you can then claim the item from the universal auction. The transporter would be then paid the full amount the item winner paid for transport costs. The Transport Deeds would have a expiration timer, similar to Mining Deeds, which would need to be delivered in that timeframe. If they are not delivered, they return to auction for bids/buyout. If the transporter is killed in PVP, the deed is looted by their killer, X minutes are added to the expiration timer and their killer has the opportunity to make delivery and collect the transport costs paid. You could still fly to the planet yourself and pick up the item you won or pay an ultra premium for instant delivery like we have now.

I don't see the transport portion of this being implemented until UE5 but the change to auction keeping the current delivery model in place is something that could easily be accomplished at this present time.
I dont see any unfair advantage. We're talking about EXTRA slots. So if people want, and make money of it they should have an option. Via ingame currency or real cash.

Also, whole this project is about wallets who skill faster, get better loot, deeper mining tools, more eco guns. So "unfair economic advantage" is the second name of this game.

It's not a good idea to just increase slots. Market would tank.Perhaps they can increase limit based on each individual auction type you can place on auction. Example of possible limit they can place.

Ores = 1 category - 10 auction slots. (max 3 of same type of ores).
Enmatter = 1 category - 10 auction slots. (max 3 of same type of enmatter).
Mining Amplifiers = 1 category - 10 auction slots (max 3 of same type of amp).
Animal Oils = 1 category - 10 auction slots (max 3 of same type of oil).
Weapons = 1 category - 10 auction slots (max 3 of same type of weapon).
Weapon Amps = 1 category - 10 auction slots. (max 3 of same type of amp).
Misc =any other category than above - 10 auction slots.

That would make it a total 70 auction slots for different types of items, setting max item of same item would act as limiter preventing major oversupply on the market and making hunters/miners/crafters alike try to use auction a bit smarter than they usually do.

It's by design that if you wish to scale in EU sales, you'll need to run shops. Also making it a little harder to sell than to buy keeps all your mu up. So I don't think AH slots will increase, it would screw too many things up for too many people.

+1 for portable AH. I don't think it should be an item though. Just make the AH accessible everywhere.
Can still keep that items needs to be picked up from auctioneer.

An awesome new BP/craft idea.

I would like the AH system to be improved, but don't think a straight increase in slots would help, whether for free or unlocked or on subscription.
I also see both pros and cons to having, say, 10 pec increments instead of 1 pec as now, and to a reduction in fees as well, so unfortunately I probably tend to wish to limit slots even.
Maybe maxing same item number by one person at any time (Sub-Zero above) would increase the range of offers and lessen undercutting wars (or increase costs due to withdrawing/relisting stuff), but that would be tricky too I guess.
For transport missions mentioned in the thread, I think missions should be pseudo, based on transport charges, not actually the listed items.

It's nearing the end of the year... Have Mindark sell on auction 10 'auction amplifiers." Each amplifier will quadruple number of item slots for those avatars that get them. Amplifier itself will not be tradeable. Start Bid is 10k. No buyout.

Peds made, as usual will go to the secret Mindark avatars to continue to global and keep hofs from other players.

Last edited:
It's not a good idea to just increase slots. Market would tank.
It would not tank the market. In the short term, volatility would be high until the novelty wore off. It's the same concept in any "IRL" market. There are no limits there. Volatility in a market is healthy. To assume asset prices should scale linearly forever is quite ignorant.

It's by design that if you wish to scale in EU sales, you'll need to run shops. Also making it a little harder to sell than to buy keeps all your mu up. So I don't think AH slots will increase, it would screw too many things up for too many people.
This is not correct. Shops were never about accessibility, hence no shop directory. They were always about avoiding auction fees and that feature would continue regardless of how many slots available.

This is not correct. Shops were never about accessibility, hence no shop directory. They were always about avoiding auction fees and that feature would continue regardless of how many slots available.

Shops are about building your own brand and loyal customer base. AH doesn't have that, it's a race to the lowest mu. Shop directory I don't think will ever be an ingame function either.

All big crafters ingame have a shop and their own loyal customer base for a reason :).

Anyways, I have submitted tickets to MA some yr ago about ah increase, they won't do it.

Haven't voted yet, first, some thoughts:

Biggest issues here, as far as I can see is:

1. Limited auction slots is perceived as being a major barrier to ability to offload items, mostly by miners and crafters I believe.
2. It is perceived that if everyone had unlimited auction slots, the mu for items would crash...

So mother MindArk 'helps' us all by limiting the number of items that any single player can place on the auction at once. This is seen as a good way of preventing the 'market' from being flooded and the mu crashing. This isn't true by the way and here's why:

3. Big time crafters create multi accounts who's sole purpose is to grant the user 30 more slots on auction to be able to sell more items.

I'm really getting sick and tired of competing with players that aren't playing by the rules. I'm not allowed to name names here in this forum so I won't, but I have documented and have proof that every single one of my competitors has 1 or more multi accounts that they use in order to sell more items on the auction. I have written support cases to MA regarding all of these.

But, has that crashed the market for armors and armor plates? No. If anything, crafted armors and armor plates cost a hell of a lot more now then they did years ago,. The supply and demand dynamics of ingredients and looted armor are much more important then the number of slots people have on the auction.

MindArk needs to remove the limit on auction slots period. And this is coming from someone that has over 100k ped invested in shops. Bring it, it doesn't scare me at all.

"I don't care" because I still can't deposit so... well... maybe I do need more auction slots to chip out!! LOL

Sure, let's increase the slots so the auction house can be flooded with even more items and that the MUs of everything can decrease even further...

A lot of great discussion here. Allow me to throw something new into the mix.

The need for auction slots depends entirely on what you are actually selling and the stack sizes/value of the items.
So lets start with a blanket increase in auction slots. From there, assign a type of auctionhouse point system based on the posted markup. This could use the existing fee structure and be something as follows:,
<1ped fee=1 slot,
<5ped fee=3 slots
<10ped fee=5 slots
<50ped fee 10 slots.

As this would be tied to the Starting bid of the item, not the buyout, we might see a more healthy auction system, and get a few more high end items changing hands rather than being parked at unrealistic SB/BO numbers. It really gets you making a choice, do you risk having your item go for a lower bid that what you would of wanted, or do you lock yourself out of future auction activity by using up all your points? Should you keep it off the auction entirely?
Fees already discourage high SBs as it is but this would further aid to that discouragement.

As well as making the auction more accessible for players and low end traders to sell their low MU loot/crafts more easily, it will also make shop keeping more enticing for the higher end market.

Likely to be a little unpopular so bring on those dislikes. 😎

100% Yes!

But maybe one vote option should be "No, it would be unfair because I have invested X PEDs in my shop(s)".
It's the only reason I could think of not doing this...
the shop system could use an upgrade too. like klunk de klunk klunk klunkay!

An awesome new BP/craft idea.
Making it a little harder to sell would bring MU down, not up... Sellers would try to set BOs as low as possible, since it`s already hard to sell, don`t you think?

Haven't voted yet, first, some thoughts:

Biggest issues here, as far as I can see is:

2. It is perceived that if everyone had unlimited auction slots, the mu for items would crash...
3. Big time crafters create multi accounts who's sole purpose is to grant the user 30 more slots on auction to be able to sell more items.
But, has that crashed the market for armors and armor plates? No. If anything, crafted armors and armor plates cost a hell of a lot more now then they did years ago,. The supply and demand dynamics of ingredients and looted armor are much more important then the number of slots people have on the auction.
As you observed already, more auction slots would NOT crash the MU.
It`s not only about the supply and demand.

With limited sales slots, as a miner or hunter, I`m forced to set lowest BO possible, in order to eventually unload my stuff and be able to hunt / mine again.
With more / or unlimited slots, I can set higher BOs, trying to meet specific crafters needs (amounts), and if one stack doesn`t sell, another one will.
Same for crafters, with limited sales slots they are forced to set lower BOs, with more / unlimted slots (or alt accounts) they can wait until high BOs sell.

Last edited:
Sure, let's increase the slots so the auction house can be flooded with even more items and that the MUs of everything can decrease even further...
Increasing the number of slots would not necesarily decrease the MU.
I already explained it above.

but then 100 other people have slots to put up their items as well, you get extra competition on sales. that increase in supply will decrease the MU and your items, even if you put them in for higher MU, then they may just expire over and over again. Items expiring over and over again can become quite expensive quite quickly.

A lot of great discussion here. Allow me to throw something new into the mix.
I like the post but I don't think your varied item points idea #20 is good for low volume markets or products. It would depend on the new slot count and steps.
On the lesser auctions it seems to me that lots of stuff is hard enough to sell anyway and a low SB may get a bid, yes, but no competition, so the mu history goes down and the seller gets a "poor" mu too. Some people also appear to tour the planets selling non-lootables such as weaps and mining amps. I don't know how many max out their slots per AH now or would reach the max under your suggestion.

I would prefer items to stay on the AH longer if the offered mu by a bidder is, say, below the monthly mu by a certain percentage. Maybe the timer would run at 50% speed or so and give more people a chance to jump in. Dunno, it's a spontaneous idea, with ups and downs as well I guess, such as not being able to track end of auction times as well as currently. Players would not be able to shift stacks as fast for quick recycling, but may get a few peds more as a result = better mu. Who knows!!! :)

As a shop owner, I have to say no.
I would say yes, if shop item would automagically were integrated in the action.

As a shop owner, I have to say no.
I would say yes, if shop item would automagically were integrated in the action.
This change should benefit shop owners too.
As I said before, a regular player (not a shop owner) would try to set higher BOs for some of the stacks if he had more slots available.
I know for sure I would love to try to sell my stuff for higher BOs, in amounts varying from 50-150 peds tt, instead of a single 200 peds tt stack for lowest BO possible.
If a shop owner keeps the same prices, he should be happy for the new higher BOs in AH, because his prices are smaller, right?

And yes, shops not being integrated in some easily accessible centralised system is a major issue, but this has nothing to do with the number of sales slots people have.
The key words here are: "easily accessible". This is the main reason shops are not more successfull right now.
So, in my opinion, shop owners should focus their energy on getting MA to implement an easily accessible integrated system for their shops.
Until then, the change I propose (increasing the number of sales slots for the players) would only benefit the shop owners, by bringing customers who are trying to buy cheaper than in AH.

FYI, you can multi-quote in a single post so you don’t need to make 3+ replies saying essentially the same thing.

The thing is though that this doesn’t really drive down MU. Large bulk lots like that generally need to have low MU to sell, but they usually don’t compete with the small lots others do put up when it comes to mining resources. While there is some overlap, you’re looking at different sets of buyers in those two groups. If I see a huge lot at low MU, I’m usually not going to “count” that listing in MU calculations because I wouldn’t want to tie up ped in that except in a few cases.

The example I’ll use for how extra slots drive a race to the bottom for MU is amps. If you craft say D-class, Terras, etc. often times you’re looking at a large amount of lots from a few players selling. The cap helps make sure one of us crafting can’t flood the market so easy. If I see a flooded set of pages and I need to sell to keep my cycle up (for QR skilling to eventually craft cheap enough to mine with), I’m just going to bite the bullet and list my amps a little cheaper, even if I’m currently crafting at a loss. I usually take my time to avoid that, but even adding 10 extra slots would continue to exacerbate the problem in markets like that.

I do think the idea that was brought up earlier about set slots for different item types is interesting though.

In the end though, shops are the main outlet for those who want to sell higher quantities or stacks of items. The Calypso PP had a ton of shops they’re sitting on that could meet a lot of the demand discussed here.

Back