Phantom

Status

EyeContact

Stalker
Society
Hunters Unlimited
With the historic ruga find, this armor is becoming available now. Currently it's selling for around 3k ped. My question is: is it worth that?

I compare it to my ghost, it has 6 more impact and 7 more burn protection; the rest of the differences can be neglected imo.

Is that worth the extra 2800 ped? I don't think so. I rather buy a full set of 5b's for that money, that will offer a lot more protection.

Furthermore, I think the price will come down. No way all that ruga is gonna sell at 2500% imo, what do you think is an acceptable price for a full phantom set?

EyeContact said:
No way all that ruga is gonna sell at 2500% imo, what do you think is an acceptable price for a full phantom set?

not sure what you base this on, if only one ava has it all and sells it at 2500% and is in no rush to seel I doubt it will drop

hmm the 5b plates are very expensive to use.. IMHO the 2800 difference will pay back in time if u choose Phantom before ghost+5b.. and btw, the fact that Phantom is so rare makes up for the money anyway, gotta look cool :cool:

EDIT: I was on my way to post a Phantom (M) pricecheck thread this morning but my @#^£ 'ing computer chrashed so i still dont know the actual price on it these days :laugh:

EyeContact said:
I think the price will come down.

Hmmm. No. :laugh: .

Phantom will stay expensive, unless MindArk start to drop rugz so everyone can get it. Phantom is fashion, a armor suit for those with the cash.

Phantom is very alike Ghoul (6k). Very near Boar (4k) and near jag also (8k)

if u consider some dmg diferences like guns protection and some eletric..

Price is way good.

Its rare (was selling here in forum for 7k) and now market is defining price

see here

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43553

IMO it will go near Boar prices.

And btw its a nice investemet couse ruga wil end also

Ruga at 2500% is what makes it possiible so low prices

and with 5B wee it rocks try one and hunt some hogglos:) :wise:

EyeContact said:
With the historic ruga find, this armor is becoming available now. Currently it's selling for around 3k ped. My question is: is it worth that?

I compare it to my ghost, it has 6 more impact and 7 more burn protection; the rest of the differences can be neglected imo.

Is that worth the extra 2800 ped? I don't think so. I rather buy a full set of 5b's for that money, that will offer a lot more protection.

Furthermore, I think the price will come down. No way all that ruga is gonna sell at 2500% imo, what do you think is an acceptable price for a full phantom set?

6 more impact, and 7 more burn makes quite some difference. It are two of the most important damagetypes ingame.

Infact, phantom is closer to angel then to ghost in these categories.

Witte said:
6 more impact, and 7 more burn makes quite some difference. It are two of the most important damagetypes ingame.

Infact, phantom is closer to angel then to ghost in these categories.

im considering getting a set purly for its 25 imp prot (37 with 5bs), and this is for me the ONLY strength for phantom.

its also a HIGH TT set so effect from decay will not be shown too quickly!

kygon said:
im considering getting a set purly for its 25 imp prot (37 with 5bs), and this is for me the ONLY strength for phantom.

Thats a realy nice combo (I got ghoul+5b). And I am always pleasanly surprised about the decay bill ;)

PS, together with this armor, I advice to take a gremlin, 5B,5D,6A and 6B set.

You will have one of the best arsenal of protection possible ingame you can buy for midlevel price, that will help in any situation.

Last edited:
Witte said:
Thats a realy nice combo (I got ghoul+5b). And I am always pleasanly surprised about the decay bill ;)

PS, together with this armor, I advice to take a gremlin, 5B,5D,6A and 6B set.

You will have one of the best arsenal of protection possible ingame at a medlevel prive

I use exp, grem + plates most of the time, but I'd recommend exp+plates for general use.

exp+4bs for 90% of the mobs I hunt
grem+5bs for temple camping and big big trox
exp+6a or sala+6a for beacons depending on TT

and I think soon phantom+5b. my grem+5bs only give me 50/50 chance at soloing falx ;)

kygon said:
I use exp, grem + plates most of the time, but I'd recommend exp+plates for general use.

exp+4bs for 90% of the mobs I hunt
grem+5bs for temple camping and big big trox
exp+6a or sala+6a for beacons depending on TT

and I think soon phantom+5b. my grem+5bs only give me 50/50 chance at soloing falx ;)

My guess is that you own adj fap or better? ;)

Witte said:
My guess is that you own adj fap or better? ;)

yea adj fap :) but my hp is getting nice now too ;)

Nice to see some discussion in here.
Ofcourse I agree it's a great armor and the looks are very nice aswell.

Currently my main armor is grem+5a, also have a set of ghost and vigi.

I'm not planning on upgrading, for me personally it's not worth 3-4k ped.

Future will tell if it will come further down or not.

As far as the price of ruga goes.... There is only like 2 useful items that can be made from the ruga (3 i guess if you count the useless Master Coat)... The market can become saturated pretty easily. We'll see if the price drops when no one is buying the ruga anymore because there is no more interest in the manufactured items at their current price ;)

Even assuming that only half the total ruga found is used for phantom, that's still 150 full suits (50% success, reduce as you see fit). Ghost is still a decent and VERY cheap armor and vigi is still better for bots so it's unlikely that demand will be very high. Still, I suppose selling that many over an entire year is possible at that price :)

Can someone post a pic of someone wearing full phantom. The pic on the wiki sucks and I don't think I have seen phantom before.

Heres 2 pics of it:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Looks similar to Ghost... :D

once you get your hp high enough, you will realize armor is pointless for most hunting, but thats just my opinion, and i say that because, when your hp is high enough, around 160+, your evade related skills are generally high also, so getting hit a lot less, so say your hunting mid longus, kill fast, and fap-5 afterwords, woooooot, and your set, just gotta get the hp first.

deo said:
once you get your hp high enough, you will realize armor is pointless for most hunting, but thats just my opinion, and i say that because, when your hp is high enough, around 160+, your evade related skills are generally high also, so getting hit a lot less, so say your hunting mid longus, kill fast, and fap-5 afterwords, woooooot, and your set, just gotta get the hp first.

not quite pointless, i used to think so too...but using just enough prot to kill just 'a few more' mobs in a row without fapping, much more enjoyable than stopping all the time to fap :)

deo said:

And i believe that per damage fapping is more expensive as armor unless u have adj or better.. Not to mention the crit hits (2x damage) or the swarming which can kill you.. And still even if you have 160 hp and killing with a nice gun and have some nice evade, a big longu can hit you once or twice, which can kill you if you are unamored.

Status
Back