Piracy - a back door to single player online games?

Peezle

Prowler
Banned
Society
Meezle
Peezle Peez McPee
Hi everyone.

Just got killed a few times again in space.

I was afk when it happened so I just logged back, repaired, and headed off to my waypoint. As usual.

No fun, no interaction with other players, somewhat a single player kind of activity in general this is, space, don't you think?

Which set me thinking a little.

Might we get to the point that we just treat the game as a solo activity, that we kind of automate our responses to others, because such things as space demand we do? If you see what I mean.

It's like, you want to be involved with other avatars, but then, this isn't really catered for. I think space is the first frontier in this respect. Shame.

Oh yes, we could talk about MS skilling in groups, but I would argue it is not much different.

Yeah, I wrote some time ago, about possible space events to make it more interesting. But even than I thought to myself - what prevents it from becoming the same as fort events and current land grabs? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't really heard or seen much action lately. There has been some activity in LG only because relations between some socs and individuals are very bad, so they just like to whine and annoy each other as much as possible (like using dubious/maybe unethical tactics).

Hello,

it can be played solo like that.
What happens up there at all is dependend from what the players are organizing at the moment with each others.
e.g. teamhunts on mobs, on other players, other ships etc. travelling and so on. Can be done already.

a band of societies could fly up any time and group to assault an MS.
That needs a certain taste of gameplay ofc. Maybe thats why space is very empty.
Most possibilities up there are limited to lootable PVP. That is in a game with reputation connect not everybodys taste. Apart from Mindarks beliefs that EU is all about PVP...

Its like the continent on calypso with all the LAs. The continent is a complete PVP zone. I think it is initially designed that way so landlords have a possibiility to use warfare against other Land Areas to make people not hunt on special lands and so. "Curb the Landlords tax supply" but.........

in space sadly alot systems are either completely not existing which limits the possibilities or could be heavily improved.

there are alot threads of players already with ideas for space here as well as other forums.
Specially John Black Knight is collecting alot of them. There are threads of him full with todos.

If you work as CGO at mindark you will never lose your job because lack of ideas.

some rumors in the community about some "space vu" up to come but dont know if they are made of real informations or hope and dreams. if someone knows something detailed it would be nice hearing about that.

That space theme seems pretty talked through like other themes as well.

Somehow I have the impression about EU that alot of people have great and fundamental ideas where almost the whole community agrees on but there must be a executive instance somewhere where the signal gets lost into an infinite attempt to peel an banana and toot the honk.

That instances turn it is cause it must be done to get existent.

Greets,

Thanks for those responses guys.

I agree that something is needed to make the void more interesting, but my concern here is that space as it is has a more sinister aspect to it, and though you are correct, dosen't address the central issue. Kind of maybe, but...

It is like the thin end of the wedge where you can be a single player minded person and not have to interact with other people, but still play online.

For me, this is somewhat disturbing.

Back