News: Planet Calypso Content Release 2024.0.3.0

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
2024-06-11

***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

New Features

• Added a new Mayhem Summer Assault instance. Detailed information regarding this instance will be shared at a later date
  • Added two new carbine weapons, which will be featured in the upcoming Eomon Migration event
  • Added new cosmetic clothing items which will soon be available for purchase from the Cosmetic Mayhem Vendor

Changes

• Several trees and plants have received a graphical update

Known Issues

• Some vegetation is missing texture

Originally Posted Here

Keen
2024-06-11

***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

New Features

• Added a new Mayhem Summer Assault instance. Detailed information regarding this instance will be shared at a later date
  • Added two new carbine weapons, which will be featured in the upcoming Eomon Migration event
  • Added new cosmetic clothing items which will soon be available for purchase from the Cosmetic Mayhem Vendor

Changes

• Several trees and plants have received a graphical update

Known Issues

Originally Posted Here
Keen to find out about this mayhem assault instance!

Thats generally what happens after abandoning high tech labs containing dangerous mutations, vegetation issues follow.
The sexy mutated bombardo is not real and can’t hurt you!

index.php

Added two new carbine weapons, which will be featured in the upcoming Eomon Migration event
Interesting… wonder if a reward or some sort of kill shot weapon needed for Eomon in order to reduce botting…

Sorry Have Not Got Time For all This New Stuff Im Still Having Way To Much Fun Visiting all the places i have not been able to Sit down before .... come on MA Baby Steps please!!!

Removes Summer Mayhem.
Sayings too many events in game.
Adds MORE events to game.
?
?
?
Profit

Changes

• Several trees and plants have received a graphical updated
Yup, what "content" update would be complete without man hours being invested in tinkering with the trees in this game where trees play such a vital role and there is literally nothing better to be working on lol

Yup, what "content" update would be complete without man hours being invested in tinkering with the trees in this game where trees play such a vital role and there is literally nothing better to be working on lol

You missed the best part, after investing time "upgrading" several trees and plants they hit you with this:

Known Issues

MA please put back all the trees that you've removed! You've destroyed Calypso! It looks horrible now after the 'patch'.
Forests that were dense full of trees now are open areas!
Please revert the 'graphical update' and make Calypso beautiful again! It's a total disaster now!

MA please put back all the trees that you've removed! You've destroyed Calypso! It looks horrible now after the 'patch'.
Forests that were dense full of trees now are open areas!
Please revert the 'graphical update' and make Calypso beautiful again! It's a total disaster now!
Planet Arkadia still has lush vegetation and dense jungles ;) good time to visit!

Planet Arkadia still has lush vegetation and dense jungles ;) good time to visit!
It's never a good time to visit that awful planet.

Yeah buff colors changed. Little bit darker/ more saturated. Would like 1 more bump in saturation for sure for EVERYTHING

2024-06-11

New Features

MA should make the feff pit an instance for teams and solo, so nobody violates the vehicle rules

You missed the best part, after investing time "upgrading" several trees and plants they hit you with this:
Weird thing not in VU notes they do stuff under the radar where they don't mention it.
The UI buff icons got changed if nobody noticed. The color is same color as the health bar now.

Planet Arkadia is a good place. Monria is the shithole

best hunting place is NI desert plateau NW, no "unreachable", no "stuck in tree", just pew pew
make a nice "harvesting zone" with 100% shreddable trees so we lazy ass can cut em all
even just one, instant respawn :)

best hunting place is NI desert plateau NW, no "unreachable", no "stuck in tree", just pew pew
make a nice "harvesting zone" with 100% shreddable trees so we lazy ass can cut em all
even just one, instant respawn :)
Please don't take it personal but statements like this make me sad. I wrote this when that desert got planted on top of one of the most beautifully designed places in the game in an act that showed zero sense for context or taste, not to speak of the total absence of quality control at the time. However, this seems to be a minority opinion and the original creator is no longer with us. You go shoot, I wish you good luck. I'll keep my memory.

...or just leave it as is. Vehicles decay. It might not be a lot but it costs PED to use this strategy.

Remove unreachable.
I am sure you wouldn't post not knowing exactly what someone is talking about..

How do vehicles decay when people are using them to lose aggro on a mob and bouncing it back and forth?
This is the exploit the person i responded to is refering to, and yes not allowing vehicles in that area would fix that problem 1000%.

It might make it harder for others to take a reduction in dmg, by spawning alot of vehicles around them to eat into the AOE dmg but for that you can just ask in #wavevents to see if you can get people there to split the dmg.

I am sure you wouldn't post not knowing exactly what someone is talking about..

How do vehicles decay when people are using them to lose aggro on a mob and bouncing it back and forth?
This is the strategy the person i responded to is refering to, and yes not allowing vehicles in that area would fix that problem 1000%.

It might make it harder for others to take a reduction in dmg, by spawning alot of vehicles around them to eat into the AOE dmg but for that you can just ask in #wavevents to see if you can get people there to split the dmg.
I don't see an issue with that strategy.
MindArk has had 10 years to change it and hasn't. Clearly it's not an issue for them.

Unfortunately, there are not enough active players to look to them as a solution.

Again I must BEG MA to put back the old trees and vegetation from before the last patch. I'm watching screen shots from the area around Orthos West Mound and North Swamp Camp and it makes me cry! WHY have you DESTROYED the trees and vegetation MA? Who came up with the stupid idiotic idea to 'upgrade' to this horrible look? You should be ashamed of yourself!!!
Is it your AI? PLEEASE revert to what it was before the patch!!!!!!!
I don't want to play this anymore until it looks as good as it was before the patch.

Back