Playing from Shanghai

Rimmer

Dominant
Society
The Unit
Haxan SnoHxan Rimmer
Hello

I need to buy a new computer and wonder if I should pay a couple of extra bucks so it manages to play EU on the highest sysreq.

Im living in Shanghai and my question is.

Is it possible to play EU from Shanghai without to much lag(around 100ping).

Does anyone have the ip adress for the server, I could to try ping it.

yes you should spend loads on a pc that will pwn this engien. i hear the new dx 11 cards are what you're after. seeing as your in china it should be ubar cheep anyway.

server ip is : 94.31.61.21

i'd be more worried about the great firewall of china blocking you rather than ping times

CLEVER_RIMMER.jpg

Hi there.
I'm a Chinese and I live in Wuhan, which locates the upstream of Yangtz River and it will take about several hrs by train for me to go to Shanghai. but nvm, imo there are 2 main internet connection serice companies in China: Telecom and Netcom. Different areas have differend speed with different service companies, bit complex here so I wont explain to much about it.

For shanghai, you'd better choose telecom, I think they could provide you a better speed, and the fees is much more cheap here, you could choose pay by yr or by moth. higher lv districts should have fiber link while the common districts or colleges may only use a cable.

Please get someone who lives around you and ask them for some suggestions, then you would know which connections you will need, dont ask the service company, they have no idea what Eu is :p

but you may still need a VPN for a better connection, I have no idea about the situation in Shanghai. In my place I think I'd better get a VPN because I got dced once I began crafting, I would dc within 5 clicks for sure. (no problems with hunting and mining).

anyway, have a good time in China and wish you could enjoy the Eu here. (or enjoy the laggy if you are not lucky, jk. :p)

PS: I knew a chinese who played Eu and he lives in Shanghai, so should be not too much problems.

yes you should spend loads on a pc that will pwn this engien. i hear the new dx 11 cards are what you're after. seeing as your in china it should be ubar cheep anyway.

DX crads isnt cheap here, probably even a bit expensive, and you should choose carefully if you want to update your graphics card.

I got one HD4850 1 month agon, for the version 10.0, it costs me about 170USD at that time.

and Shanghai is a city where everthing is expensive :p

PS: facebook and utube is blocked here and you will need some techs to reach it.

I lived in macau some months back and EU was running great on the 10MB line we had

I lived in macau some months back and EU was running great on the 10MB line we had

macau is on mainland but it a special district. :D

so everything is different from china mainland, same as Hongkong.

macau is on mainland but it a special district. :D

so everything is different from china mainland, same as Hongkong.

yes I know :) but its about the same amount of cable we are talking about.. asia->amsterdam I think.

Thanks for all the answers. Im ordering my computer tonight:yay:

Back