Please Help 120k peds Mistake!

Status
This happens on a daily base to people tho and has happened alot in the past where people got the standard "all trades are final" reaction. I really hope it works out the best for Mary but MA will have a shitstorm coming if they simply undo this trade.

MA cannot simply reverse this trade, because I'll be first in the line as next, who need reverse deal too...
But if MA tell us all, that these scamming orders are fraud, they can ban all these 'buyers' and then return AUD's back. And not only AUD's :D. My case if this happens cannot be reversed, my mistake happened accidentally and looks like without orders. So I will look into this case, what will tell MA.

This happens on a daily base to people tho and has happened alot in the past where people got the standard "all trades are final" reaction. I really hope it works out the best for Mary but MA will have a shitstorm coming if they simply undo this trade.

Well there's more than one way to skin a cat as they say.

They could lock the buyer whilst they investigate, and that could take as long as they like....lol.

They could make it extremely difficult for any withdrawals.

They might even keep a log of activities they're uncomfortable with, but turn a blind eye and use that in their favour.

Basically MA could play God, until the buyer decides to make the right choices (because they are God).

They could send him a message " we need you to help us resolve this problem".

There's lots MA can do without reversing the trade.

Rick

Last edited:
I feel sorry for you MJ. It is a huge loss in game despite how much you earn irl. And it double hurts because it is your own mistake. I am acquainted with Pitbull, he is a founder and leader of Russian Bears society, and no doubt it is a great luck for him to catch such an "auction ath". If it wasn't him it would be someone else. I can't blame him for whatever decision he makes, but I don't envy him either, as I could hardly lay my hands on the deeds. At the very least I would go 50/50, but personally I feel, that I'm inclined to return all of the aud. I can't make money on people mistakes... sadly, I guess... Those who can, tend to get far more rich. Unfortunately...

Since they're both together "side by side" looking at the post.

It's a good time to chat, don't you think.

I think a question to ask themselves, is would the "Gods" of the game MA, with all the power they hold should they decide to use it, really get involved. When a deal can be struck right now, that makes everyone happy.

Rick

Well there's more than one way to skin a cat as they say.

They could lock the buyer whilst they investigate, and that could take as long as they like....lol.

They could make it extremely difficult for any withdrawals.

They might even keep a log of activities they're uncomfortable with, but turn a blind eye and use that in their favour.

Basically MA could play God, until the buyer decides to make the right choices (because they are God).

They could send him a message " we need you to help us resolve this problem".

There's lots MA can do without reversing the trade.

Rick
I'll just ask a question, what would be your standpoint if MA would start playing games like that with the account of a person you know/acquaintance/friend?
Quite a few people would stop playing/withdraw/etc. because of loss of trust, there's not much trust in them anyway, but thing like you've described would be way over the line.

Think a bit.

I'll just ask a question, what would be your standpoint if MA would start playing games like that with the account of a person you know/acquaintance/friend?
Quite a few people would stop playing/withdraw/etc. because of loss of trust, there's not much trust in them anyway, but thing like you've described would be way over the line.

Think a bit.

It's a question of morality. So if I had bought the deeds, I would return them because it's the right thing to do.

The buyer has lost nothing, the seller has lost everything.

There's nothing left to debate, I don't care about a set of rules that you might want to hide behind. It's a matter of what is right or wrong.....simple as that. I believe in justice and fairness. This trade is no where near what can be considered as "fair".

I know this, if I upset the Gods of the game (MA), they would have their guns out for me. We would be stupid not to accept that as fact behind the scenes (under the hood).

The best thing to happen is the buyer takes a nice reward, and everyone walks away happy....win-win.
If the buyer forces MA to act behind the scenes, then that is the risk they take. I wouldn't p*ss MA off over this, that's for sure.

Rick

It's a question of morality. So if I had bought the deeds, I would return them because it's the right thing to do.

There's nothing left to debate, I don't care about a set of rules that you might want to hide behind. It's a matter of what is right or wrong.....simple as that. I believe in justice and fairness. This trade is no where near what can be considered as "fair".

I know this, if I upset the Gods of the game (MA), they would have their guns out for me. We would be stupid not to accept that as fact behind the scenes (under the hood).

The best thing to happen is the buyer takes a nice reward, and everyone walks away happy....win-win.
If the buyer forces MA to act behind the scenes, then that is the risk they take. I wouldn't p*ss MA off over this, that's for sure.

Rick

i dont think that MA cares any tiny little bit about pitbull... why would they?

If it was me I would return them all. I've had medics trade me their fap and I immediately gave it back. I don't like ruining someone else's day/life for $. End of story.

i dont think that MA cares any tiny little bit about pitbull... why would they?

Well exactly.

Look. Let's say you ran a game, and therefore you are the "almighty", you have power over everything. Your business model showed a weakness that cost a very good customer of yours a ton of cash(assuming he deposited sh*t loads). That such a event could have a detrimental impact on your business, would you want to resolve it "with all your power over everything"?

I think the question "yes" you would.

If players think they're above God (that being MA), then that foolish way to think.

Sure Helena got nothing...or did he? Did he do a deal, did he have to sign a confidentially form? who knows. Is the buyer/trader that got that 30K CLD error from Helena still playing or have access to the game?

Rick

Rick
I'm sorry, but you're just strange...
Honestly I know I'll get bashed for that, but I don't care if Mary Jane takes back those deeds or the buyer keeps em, I'm just interested in the precedent. And the possible (totally unlikely, bit still possible) precedent you're talking about would be one of the most harmful things harmful for the game of the crazy ones mentioned in this thread.

Well exactly.

Look. Let's say you ran a game, and therefore you are the "almighty", you have power over everything. Your business model showed a weakness that cost a very good customer of yours a ton of cash(assuming he deposited sh*t loads). That such a event could have a detrimental impact on your business, would you want to resolve it "with all your power over everything"?

I think the question "yes" you would.

If players think they're above God (that being MA), then that foolish way to think.

Sure Helena got nothing...or did he? Did he do a deal, did he have to sign a confidentially form? who knows. Is the buyer/trader that got that 30K CLD error from Helena still playing or have access to the game?

Rick

and now think about it from the other side:
a good paying customer has got lucky and won the auction ATH. then the allmighty MA comes and takes it away ruining his day and possibly quitting the game together with his buddys and lots of other people because of unfair treatment. that would be a lot worse. someone made a mistake all by himself. nobody else involved, apart from alcohol. its his own fault for doing so. but if you take it away from someone without him doing anything wrong than this is just not the right thing to do.

a good paying customer has got lucky and won the auction ATH. then the allmighty MA comes and takes it away ruining his day and possibly quitting the game together with his buddys and lots of other people because of unfair treatment. that would be a lot worse. someone made a mistake all by himself. nobody else involved, apart from alcohol. its his own fault for doing so. but if you take it away from someone without him doing anything wrong than this is just not the right thing to do.

This is NOT an auction ATH - it is deliberate abuse of the auction system with only one design in mind - and that is to catch out the unwary or careless. He knows he can only buy one for 68 ped - how dare he set an auction where he is looking to rip someone else off - this is without ethics, morality and wholly indefensible.

I hope MA blocks the withdrawal - that is entirely within his power, and then let the SOB dare to come back to the forum and whine like a little bitch !

Auction ATH :censored:

2 beers is hardly a crime, and cause for Mary to be so intoxicated as to make an error.
Hell, I've done it sober, to err is human.
Sick of reading posts saying you'll spoil someone's day, for gaining on someone's misfortune by a mistake.

To clear this up.
Once my bank overpaid me by £3150, paying me £3500 instead of paying £350.

Did I get to keep that money, did I hell.
Did I expect to keep this over payment? Not for 1 minute.

Mindark should step in here, and reverse the mistake.

Auction ATH :censored:

2 beers is hardly a crime, and cause for Mary to be so intoxicated as to make an error.
Hell, I've done it sober, to err is human.
Sick of reading posts saying you'll spoil someone's day, for gaining on someone's misfortune by a mistake.

To clear this up.
Once my bank overpaid me by £3150, paying me £3500 instead of paying £350.

Did I get to keep that money, did I hell.
Did I expect to keep this over payment? Not for 1 minute.

Mindark should step in here, and reverse the mistake.
Your logic is simply astounding..

did this guy at least responded to your or any of his friends ?

This is NOT an auction ATH - it is deliberate abuse of the auction system with only one design in mind - and that is to catch out the unwary or careless. He knows he can only buy one for 68 ped - how dare he set an auction where he is looking to rip someone else off - this is without ethics, morality and wholly indefensible.

I hope MA blocks the withdrawal - that is entirely within his power, and then let the SOB dare to come back to the forum and whine like a little bitch !

Well maybe he did same mistake as Mary? He might've thought that he put up order at 68PEDs per AUD, and not 68PEDs total for 1.9k+ AUDs. :wise:

This "all trades are final" is such BS.

Even in stock exchange trades are sometimes canceled if there is clearly big technical or human error. (ie. Knight Capital Group case )

and this is still a game not the real world though. i could argue that WoW gold can be sold as well for real money, technically making it a real cash economy, but that does not mean that real world laws can be applied.

did this guy at least responded to your or any of his friends ?

I manage to get his personal email, skype, game pms, calypso forum pm and I know he was online last 2 days, russian forum pm and no answer at all.
From now I will leave with Mindark I gave up to contact him for rewards it too bad this whole situation!

The last thing I want is our great community start to argue about my mistake.
In life we need to learn that is no time to lose with people that are mind blinded and going against our values of society!
The dream of society for few people is far from the dream of the majority of the people actually standing for real values leading us to evolution.
Keep positive and ignore the post you think will bring more stress to this whole situation.

Best and Tank you all

Last edited:
I'm with You!

Hello Mary Jane,
I'm with you on that one.
If you look at the "Pitbull M.R." forum profile, you can see he at least read this thread.

So Pitbull if you're reading me, please be kind and respect the game and us.
I know it's hard but hey it's Christmas. :yup:
We don't know each other, but since we see each other so often at the auction,
my opinion is that you should give back the deeds to Mary Jane.

-- Hubert

This "all trades are final" is such BS.

No, it's not. MA can't reverse this stuff because it's always possible it was a scam/setup. For all they know this was a planned transaction and money was transfered irl. If they reverse it then they cause the other party to get screwed.

I'm sorry for your loss.

The buyer has lost nothing if the trade is reversed
The seller has lost 12 thousand US dollars (in error) if it isn't reversed.

However an interesting prospective. I would agree that at times players list "items" way under value. It's been done many times such as rare animal parts that make DNA in the old days. However even in that scenario the seller/looter of the DNA part didn't lose a fortune that they paid for initially, they lost an "opportunity". Now I'm fine with that 90%, it sits well with my conscious. It's unlucky, but hey it happens.

We could also argue that maybe MA doesn't act appropriately at times, and can and "has" by the act of God devalued anything over night to next to nothing. The list is endless. Yet we all know that risk and we purchase items knowing that MA does that all the time. It's a harsh lesson for any noob investing big for items.

This situation is different, not only are 'some' traders actively seeking to benefit from player errors via the orders system (which wasn't built for deeds), but the seller had paid usually by deposit a huge amount of MU to acquire the deeds in the first place.

We could also argue the buyer didn't "intend" to buy 1925 deeds, how many deeds was the initial order for? Now if I was MA, I might use that argument as a basis for limiting the loss by the seller and finding a solution. If the order was for 200 deeds, then the seller losses 200 deeds.....sorted. Well it's a solution...smiles.

It's simply not acceptable in my mind for a player to lose 120K peds when the auction house is flawed for deed sales, and some traders are actively exploiting the auction house to gain from player error.

Rick

The buyer has lost nothing if the trade is reversed
The seller has lost 12 thousand US dollars (in error) if it isn't reversed.

However an interesting prospective. I would agree that at times players list "items" way under value. It's been done many times such as rare animal parts that make DNA in the old days. However even in that scenario the seller/looter of the DNA part didn't lose a fortune that they paid for initially, they lost an "opportunity". Now I'm fine with that 90%, it sits well with my conscious. It's unlucky, but hey it happens.

We could also argue that maybe MA doesn't act appropriately at times, and can and "has" by the act of God devalued anything over night to next to nothing. The list is endless. Yet we all know that risk and we purchase items knowing that MA does that all the time. It's a harsh lesson for any noob investing big for items.

This situation is different, not only are 'some' traders actively seeking to benefit from player errors via the orders system (which wasn't built for deeds), but the seller had paid usually by deposit a huge amount of MU to acquire the deeds in the first place.

We could also argue the buyer didn't "intend" to buy 1925 deeds, how many deeds was the initial order for? Now if I was MA, I might use that argument as a basis for limiting the loss by the seller and finding a solution. If the order was for 200 deeds, then the seller losses 200 deeds.....sorted. Well it's a solution...smiles.

It's simply not acceptable in my mind for a player to lose 120K peds when the auction house is flawed for deed sales, and some traders are actively exploiting the auction house to gain from player error.

Rick

pls show me valid proof that pitbull was trying to exploit (which is wrong by definition) the auction house and tried to scam mary. if u dont have one you should stop talking bullshit because branding someone as scammer without proof is against the law as well.

pls show me valid proof that pitbull was trying to exploit (which is wrong by definition) the auction house and tried to scam mary. if u dont have one you should stop talking bullshit because branding someone as scammer without proof is against the law as well.

I said "some" traders are exploiting the auction system (which is true, and shown in auction order pics within this thread)

Provide proof he intended to purchase 1925 deeds. I bet his order was not for that many :)

Rick

It would have to be

I don't think its works like that mate. Besides I've never seen a order for 2000 deeds...whenever I've looked...EVER.

I bet it took the stack for 'one' deed sale.

Anyway it's interesting avenue to investigate.

Rick

ps: ok I'm logging into game...GL and happy hunting.

I don't think its works like that mate. Besides I've never seen a order for 2000 deeds...whenever I've looked...EVER.

I bet it took the stack for 'one' deed sale.

Anyway it's interesting avenue to investigate.

Rick

ps: ok I'm logging into game...GL and happy hunting.

so you say he maybe had an order of 100 deeds for 6500 peds and it got sold to him because he had the highest offer. looks like a normal honourable trade then without any kind of exploit scam or whatever. he just got lucky then and made everything correct.

so you say he maybe had an order of 100 deeds for 6500 peds and it got sold to him because he had the highest offer. looks like a normal honourable trade then without any kind of exploit scam or whatever. he just got lucky then and made everything correct.

We agree to disagree.

I hope your house never burns down, and your insurance company says unlucky, you was an idiot for living 10 miles from a fire station.

Your risk, your fault.

Rick

Status
Back