Please invest in servers!!

Kitch

Prowler
Lag when flying, i cant stand it, it drives me nuts and makes me want to not play till its sorted.

Loot lag sucks intermittently

Auction lag, this is really bad lately, looks bad, like your struggling for processing power.. Makes me think you have like way too much load on the servers?? And I noticed you turned the auction off on the android app? Broken? I just get the impression that you need to invest there and I remember an announcement last year saying it was coming? I feel the performance has worsened..

Anyway I know the game developers cant exactly do anything about this but its just I need to say it. If I could improve one area of this platform that would probably be first..

Auction lag, this is really bad lately, looks bad, like your struggling for processing power.. Makes me think you have like way too much load on the servers?? And I noticed you turned the auction off on the android app? Broken? I just get the impression that you need to invest there and I remember an announcement last year saying it was coming? I feel the performance has worsened..

the auc lag is really really annoying...after last major vu it takes the old time 3x to fill up auction when everything wents "smooth"...

sometime it times out..you wait 1 min, it sais "internal error" you try again, wait 1 min "internal error"...sucks sucks sucks

It's not new servers that are needed, they already got new ones, they need to fix buggy code i would say that is what causes most lag at the moment.

Whatever they need...please go fix it.
If it were me, I would fix this issue far before any thought of a new event.
To be honest, if this lag exists still, I will not participate. I cant stand going for my fap or gun and having to wait 2 seconds to register, all the while the mob regenerates and hits us just fine.

I am fully behind you on the new servers, this game has one aspect that sets it apart from every other MMO out there and that is the HUGE Real Cash Economy. In an article i once read about this game i saw information that said that MA's daily revenue is over 1 million dollars a day profit even after paying its PP's and keeping the lights on. With all that being said it is apparently obvious that either the CEO has one hell of a salary and has been getting more and more greedy as years go one, or the CFO of the company needs to be fired for piss poor money management, Eve Online, with half the annual income of this game has over 400% more server and processing power and keeps its subscribers for 3 times as long as EU members. $15 a month for endless entertainment vs. well at least in my wife an my instance on average of $200-$2000 average a month in Deposits to do even the most mediocre of things. Last month i even went so low as to switch to a Herman ARK TT-R and go hunting the L4 robots hanging around Port Atlantis doing nothing more than cycling loot and managed to blow through 1,000 ped in less than a week and a half and that is using one of the most eco BLP rifles in the game and hunting a mob which is suited perfectly for the gun. With all these funds flying around MA's bank accounts. its about time they make a change starting with server stability before this. For several years i worked for CCP games, and even still spent most of my time in the playing EU while not at work, but i can truly say, for the money my wife and i use to spend in this game, we could have easily started our own RCE MMO and done 1000 times better than what this game has now become today with 1/10th its player base.

LETS UPGRADE SOME SERVERS AND CONTENT BEFORE WE LOSE THE LAST REMAINING UBERS THIS GAME HAS LEFT AFTER OVER 30 OF THEM HAVE QUIT IN THE PAST 2 YEARS.

It's not new servers that are needed, they already got new ones, they need to fix buggy code i would say that is what causes most lag at the moment.

Memory leak or poorly optimized code. Adding more servers won't help with that. Or it could simply be a fragmented database.

optimization is often the problem, tossing money at the problem and trying to brute force things is not going to help. I would bet money with how often things change in EU hardware is not the problem.
to understand this look at the tearing system. an unintelligent system would likely calculate the chance of a tier increase each time the item is used. a more intelligent system would use the tier value in a simple formula once to generate tables of the number of times a item needs to be use to advance a tier point. in the end lag sucks I have not deposited in two months because of my dislike of the state of the game now and the avatar hit box. my credit card is paid off in full for the first time in a long time =D

It's hard to invest when you have a negative cash flow.

Back